9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Fixed it for you.  

There will be tens of thousands of Scottish football fans in Germany next month.  Most will be drunk at some (or all) points.  

You won’t see anything like Manchester or the recent Glasgow title celebrations.  

I’m not going to excuse what happened yesterday but to say Scotland fans don’t cause a mess is just nonsense. I went to London for the last Euros when we played England and it wasn’t particularly pretty and the place was left in a bit of a state too.

The reason you likely won’t see it in Germany is they just won’t tolerate it.

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m not going to excuse what happened yesterday but to say Scotland fans don’t cause a mess is just nonsense. I went to London for the last Euros when we played England and it wasn’t particularly pretty and the place was left in a bit of a state too.

If the TA are anything like the national team section on here they will be scrapping with each other every 5 minutes.

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I well take your point about Scotland fans but whataboutery isn't helpful here.  Drunken herd mentality is never tolerable and I hope you are correct about the German authorities.

I couldn't believe the clown on telly yesterday who said in interview that 'they' knew it was going to happen and Glasgow Green should be used as a fan zone. If 'they' means Glasgow City Council/the taxpayer then I suggest that Celtic FC breaks their silence by announcing that in future they will either underwrite and steward it or host a lock-in at Parkhead.

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Weren't you constantly on your high horse about fans breaking Covid regulations?

16 hours ago, gannonball said:

Despite Bennetts valiant yet quite hilarious efforts to find any bit of negativity about yesterday and post it  on here I would tend to agree with others that it shouldn't really be going on every year. How they go about it I don't know as the police basically allowed absolute carnage at George Square when lockdown was supposed to be on. I went one year and it wasn't for me tbh, seems to just be the young team that embrace it more now. Fan zones would make the most amount of sense but then there would be arguments over footing the cost etc. 

I was at a gig at the Barrowland on Saturday night and yes there was a lot of empties and rubbish on the streets nearby and many many casualties of the drink but I didn't see any trouble. There may have been earlier but I didn't get to the Gallowgate there till 6.45pm or so. Most Celtic fans I saw were just pished and you did have to avoid the odd body in the street😆.  We were at one of the pubs at the Barras and had a blether with the Celtic fans we met there and they were absolutely fine and friendly. 

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When did these massive street party celebrations start?  I don't remember them back in the 1980s and 1990s.

We had an open top bus for our invincible season so it's really just stuck since then.

47 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When did these massive street party celebrations start?  I don't remember them back in the 1980s and 1990s.

As stated earlier, The Blue Bumcheeks did it in 2021, now they both have to do it every time. See this Saturday coming...

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Weren't you constantly on your high horse about fans breaking Covid regulations?

I wasn’t down there on a jolly Benny, I work for one of the big broadcasters so I was actually there as part of my work. I have to be in Wembley next weekend too because of it, scunner eh?

I’m sensing your a tad sensitive after watching your team bottle it again 😂

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

As stated earlier, The Blue Bumcheeks did it in 2021, now they both have to do it every time. See this Saturday coming...

Yeah, that's not true see other posts above. Also what person over the age of 8 says 'bum' other than Tory mumsnet types.

Edited by gannonball

7 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

The Glesga Polis (mounted division) will be putting in extra practice this week.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yeah, that's not true see other posts above. Also what person over the age of 8 says 'bum' other than Tory mumsnet types.

His thesaurus wouldn’t load so he had to make do.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

I'm convinced, you cheery chappie, you. On you go and trash stuff. You and your other jolly japesters. You're quite entitled to behave like the protohominids you are. Oh yes.

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I'm convinced, you cheery chappie, you. On you go and trash stuff. You and your other jolly japesters. You're quite entitled to behave like the protohominids you are. Oh yes.

Wee bit jealous as I haven't had my tea yet but this is quite a bite.