Bonnyrigg Rose 2024-25. Still best supported club in SPFL2

what im hearing allegedly , a woman has offered him a good time in the toilet , hes agreed. both came out and the womans then outcold in her seat no responding . plane lands to get her medical attention and the laddie gets huckled by the police . few videos on twitter eh them getting taken off the plane  

• 4 weeks later...

Well after me hols I am able to make the short journey to Broxburn to see The Rose play their 3rd pre season friendly. It seems that most of the players have had 90 mins on the field over the previous 2 pre season games. A lot of experience has left the club during the close season and many younger players and legs have been added to the squad for the new season. Look forward to see how we perform today against the new Lowland League side. It will certainly be nowhere near the drama of of last visit there when we won the EoS league play offs.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well... Bonnyrigg looked very good today and comfortably ran out 6-1 winners. Broxburn were missing a couple of players and didn't play well at all, but taking that into account, Bonnyrigg look the best of the 3 League 2 sides we've played preseason. Definitely a bad day at the office for us and shown what the gap can be between tiers 4 and 5.

Think Bonnyrigg will likely fare better this season than the last couple. 

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

Bonnyrigg look the best of the 3 League 2 sides we've played preseason. 

Think Bonnyrigg will likely fare better this season than the last couple. 

Who was your first pre-season game against?

I'll assume we were the worst of the 3 sides you played?

Also, who have Bonnyrigg signed this summer that's improved them?

18 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

We had Stirling Albion first. Drew 1-1.  Starting 11 looked quite decent and were just ahead of Broxburn. But they were clearly short of numbers, so once they started to make changes it was mostly young lads and they started to struggle. 

I thought you guys were a very fit and strong side - all over the park. Didn't think you had much to offer going forward, but probably more due to it being a new side so trying to get a solid Base to start from - which looks to be there.

Not sure who all Bonnyrigg have brought in, but they have almost been having a wee player exchange with Tranent over the summer. Included in that is Higginbotham who does still have some nice touches.

13 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Calum seems to want us to hold the ball more, pass it about the pitch and that’s great on artificial pitches …… but that’ll not be possible at NDP in the autumn / winter months. So it’ll be interesting to see if he can change tactics and our way of playing in poorer conditions.

Some of his signings look good - Scarborough (from Luncarty) has got good delivery; Murphy (Tranent) seems to hold the ball well and Wardell (U20s) wants to attack defenders. Encouraging ….. but I feel we’re still a bit lightweight at the back, we still need a 6’4ft+ monster at CB to cut out the balls launched into the box (we conceded way too many goals that way last season).

On 07/07/2024 at 08:21, Broonaldo said:

Calum seems to want us to hold the ball more, pass it about the pitch and that’s great on artificial pitches …… but that’ll not be possible at NDP in the autumn / winter months. So it’ll be interesting to see if he can change tactics and our way of playing in poorer conditions.

Some of his signings look good - Scarborough (from Luncarty) has got good delivery; Murphy (Tranent) seems to hold the ball well and Wardell (U20s) wants to attack defenders. Encouraging ….. but I feel we’re still a bit lightweight at the back, we still need a 6’4ft+ monster at CB to cut out the balls launched into the box (we conceded way too many goals that way last season).

Totally agree that we need a commanding CB. We do now seem to have some pace up front, something we've been crying out for. I liked the young CB we had on trial against Berwick and civil, although he's not a commanding CB.

Off to the land of The Belters in the pissin rain. Was a comfortable victory on Saturday with the goals spread around the team. I expect a tougher match tonight especially with a few former players now signed for the opposition. Last chance for those players not on holiday to stake their claim for the starting line up on Saturday.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Posting on this thread as the cup thread is piss poor. What a day to experience Summer football. Pre season all done the season starts for real today with a visit from Premiership Dundee who just scraped a close win in this competition last year. No doubt us Rose fans will see a much changed and younger team on the hallowed turf of NDP today. Long away journeys for us in this season group so will enjoy the experience of the first 4 games.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

One of the worst half's of football I have ever witnessed and the less said about Elliott's management skills the better. Like a wee boy crying and had zero respect from his players.

As the fifth Dundee goal goes in, the reviews are in on the cup thread…

Good afternoon all. Can I ask where is the best pub/social club for our bus to go to before our fixture in just under 2 weeks? Would need to allow kids in as well. 

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Hello @TASC_1878. See what I said below. I’d reckon the social club (right behind the main stand) is your best bet. Give them a call and book your bus in? Otherwise I’d just park your bus up and explore. All the pubs are within five minutes walk of the ground - which is at the dead centre of the town - and I’m sure they’d all love to receive you.

To be honest, I’m not 100% sure which pubs in Bonnyrigg will and won’t admit children. I imagine the Beetroot does, and I imagine the social club does, but I’ve never tried to take my child to either. Don’t want to send you the wrong way.

If you want certainty, the closest venue which I can think of which definitively does welcome children is the Justinlees in Eskbank, but that’s 1.5 miles away so hardly ideal unless your bus does a wee pitstop.

On 29/05/2022 at 12:37, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Welcome Bonnyrigg to the hallowed lands of SPFL2. A few comments here to answer the FAQ which came out of the play off threads:

WHERE THE HECK IS BONNYRIGG - just off the Lasswade junction of the Edinburgh City Bypass. The town is a commuter suburb of Edinburgh, a gathering sprawl of houses, expanding rapidly southwards. Put EH19 3AE into your mapping software of choice.

WHERE DO I GET PARKED - use a bit of common sense, and you will be fine. The town centre is fairly small, and there are no huge car parks as such. On-street parking is the way to go. You'll find a space no bother. Supporters Buses would be best aiming for Sherwood Industrial Estate, a touch downhill from the ground.

TRAINS - to Eskbank. 1.5 miles walk to the ground, or catch a bus from the adjacent Tesco.

BUSES - probably quicker than the train from the city centre. Get the #31. Times at www.travelinescotland.com journey planner. Exact fare only on bus, but they take contactless.

PINTS - both the Calderwood and Roses Social Club are each within a few steps from the turnstiles. Other options available in the town centre. In Lasswade village there are a couple of decent pubs, but a stiff uphill walk to the ground from there. Bus does stop outside.

Couple of other options for those who like a craft beer type pint, the Cross Borders Brewery is directly beside Eskbank Station and does a tap room of a Saturday. Stewart's Brewery in Loanhead does an excellent pizza at its tap room, that's only three miles away.

GRUB - town centre has usual selection of bakers, sandwich shops, chippy and so on. Gigi's Italian is excellent for a restaurant lunch option. Also at Hardengreen just off A7 lies a number of drive throughs and a petrol station too, should your car be thirsty. Good pies at the stadium.

OTHER STUFF TO DO - Scottish Mining Museum in Newtongrange (2.5 miles), Dalkeith Country Park (2.5 miles).

WALKS - old railway pathway runs out as far as Penicuik. Newbattle Abbey woods. Polton woods over towards Loanhead. Pentland Hills not terribly far away either.

THE PITCH HAS A SLOPE - yes it does.

SEAN CONNERY - yes he did.

NDP - some will like it, some will find it a bit lacking in those things modern stadia have like faded plastic seats and expensively constructed but rapidly crumbling grandstands. It is what it is. A lot of work has been done to it to get the licence, more is being done this summer, I dare say more will be done as they grow the club. They're spending within their means and the place is absolutely fine to cope with an average SPFL2 sized crowd.

PRICES - season tickets £160/£90/£40/U12s free. PATG £12/£7/U12s free.

PROGRAMME - sometimes.

SQUAD - not much announced yet.

Hope you enjoy your trips through, and happy to help if you have any questions.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

What's the script with Paddy Martin, guys? Just seen you've signed another keeper, went onto Wikipedia and clocked he wasn't there anymore. 

Injured his hand in training, expected to be out for 8 weeks, maybe more. Was told last night that we had Ritchie on loan from Aberdeen until at least January, looking at the Aberdeen reports today they seem to suggest it's until the end of the season.

19 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Injured his hand in training, expected to be out for 8 weeks, maybe more. Was told last night that we had Ritchie on loan from Aberdeen until at least January, looking at the Aberdeen reports today they seem to suggest it's until the end of the season.

Ah that's a blow for you guys, always rated Paddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the team are back to NDP after 2 successive long away trips. Both teams have nothing to play for today and the form guide tell me it’s gonna be a boring goalless draw. Wouldn’t it be great if both teams went out and gave the fans o good game and possible's goalfest!!!         Must say at this early stage in the season I am getting concerned at the lack of PR and social media presence . ( never seen a match report or highlights of last Saturdays match) That’s only for starters I will leave my many concerns for another day.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹