Bonnyrigg Rose 2024-25. Still best supported club in SPFL2

12 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Really sad to see five-figure sums being chucked at Lowland League jobbers rather than upgrades to the embarrassingly tinpot pair of portaloos in the away end

The age old quandary at NDP - invest our limited funds in the ground, at the expense of the team, which increases our chances of relegation; or invest in the team to help the fight against relegation, but means ground development is slower …. if we can stay in this league for a few more years the extra cash will eventually go to ground development but as the saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”!!

Being a Clyde fan you don’t have this quandary - genuine question, would you rather be in our position (own our ground but with limited facilities and be a team battling relegation) or your position (no ground and no chance of a ground unless a sugar daddy / the council splashes the cash for you but with a competitive L2 team)?

Conversely, by investing in your facilities, the ground becomes a more attractive and accessible proposition for away fans and you probably raise a good amount more in gate receipts. There's nothing inherently wrong with investing in your team over infrastructure in the short term, but panic buying Lowland League boys for massively inflated fees while some of your facilities continue to be wholly unfit for purpose is not a great look.

Clyde aren't really relevant here because it's not like I'm a celebrant of their ongoing homelessness. If the club was to ever be in the fortunate position of having its own place, I would personally be a bit embarrassed if they broke the bank on a signing like this one over making a fairly elementary and inexpensive ground improvement. To each his own though.

8 hours ago, Broonaldo said:

The age old quandary at NDP - invest our limited funds in the ground, at the expense of the team, which increases our chances of relegation; or invest in the team to help the fight against relegation, but means ground development is slower …. if we can stay in this league for a few more years the extra cash will eventually go to ground development but as the saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”!!

Being a Clyde fan you don’t have this quandary - genuine question, would you rather be in our position (own our ground but with limited facilities and be a team battling relegation) or your position (no ground and no chance of a ground unless a sugar daddy / the council splashes the cash for you but with a competitive L2 team)?

i'm sure most players would also put some value in playing on a decent pitch too and having decent facilities in general. 

I don't think money is always the sole factor at this level in player decisions. 

i'd certainly rather play at Forthbank every second week than NDP.

7 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

i'm sure most players would also put some value in playing on a decent pitch too and having decent facilities in general. 

I don't think money is always the sole factor at this level in player decisions. 

i'd certainly rather play at Forthbank every second week than NDP.

Isn’t Forthbank a council owned, council run, council maintained ground built 20-30 years ago …. by the council? NDP is owned by the club with no council cash or council subsidies involved …... I’m sure if Midlothian Council got involved, we too could have better facilities and a better pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

Isn’t Forthbank a council owned, council run, council maintained ground built 20-30 years ago …. by the council? NDP is owned by the club with no council cash or council subsidies involved …... I’m sure if Midlothian Council got involved, we too could have better facilities and a better pitch. 

Are you taking the piss?

I'm sure the skint council have helped you in the past. 

On 08/08/2024 at 22:29, tamthebam said:

The first away ground I visited had an open air urinal with 6 foot high nettles growing out of it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Annfield, May 1987

Portaloos are a bloody luxury.

So a lot of p***ks sharing that experience!!!!

Well after a late goal gave us a defeat on the first League game last Saturday it’s over to North Edinburgh for this afternoon’s match. I hope the strong breeze relents before kick off time, games between the teams are usually not pretty affairs and adding windy conditions into the mix won’t help the spectacle. Games are usually low scoring close affairs and I  expect it to be no different this afternoon.
It appears there has been a lot of activity around the club over the last 10 days and again the fans are left in the dark. Confirmation of one new signing, are there others? Was Gus Mailers red card last week appealed? The PR at the club seems to be very disappointing leaving many disgruntled fans asking what is happening?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

It appears there has been a lot of activity around the club over the last 10 days and again the fans are left in the dark. Confirmation of one new signing, are there others? Was Gus Mailers red card last week appealed? The PR at the club seems to be very disappointing leaving many disgruntled fans asking what is happening?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Maybes instead of moaning about it why don't you offer to help the club out?

They did post towards the end of last season that the lad that done the social media was standing down. 

9 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

According to Sky Sports the Rose have lost all 7 games this season so far. Calum looking over his shoulder ? 

I think in competitive games they have played 7, lost 6 and got a draw in one of their League Cup group games.

They are away at Edinburgh City at the weekend in a basement battle, lose that and the peg could be shoogling all over the place.

57 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think in competitive games they have played 7, lost 6 and got a draw in one of their League Cup group games.

They are away at Edinburgh City at the weekend in a basement battle, lose that and the peg could be shoogling all over the place.

If he comes under pressure, he will walk rather than be sacked. 
They probably have a replacement lined up given they were on the phone for Calum 30 mins after sacking Robbie Horn.

On 14/08/2024 at 09:18, Brazilianlex said:

If he comes under pressure, he will walk rather than be sacked. 
They probably have a replacement lined up given they were on the phone for Calum 30 mins after sacking Robbie Horn.

More like Callum was on the phone to them 30mins before Robbie got sacked, just to put his name in the frame.

3rd League game of the season today and it’s massive, I feel it’s a must win for us. Scoring a goal(s) would be a great start and the first one of the match will be vitally important. Our keeper never had a save to make last Saturday and we lost 2 goals and the game. Selection and attitude today will be interesting. Elliot has not had a convincing start to his time with “The Rose “ and needs to buck that trend. Not a great venue to watch a game.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I suspect Bonnyrigg's travelling support at Meadowbank yesterday will prove to be bigger than Forfar's travelling support will be (and bigger at Station Park than City's will be)

It may be Bonnyrigg are still paying for ground improvements. Or the money pays for Kieran McGachie's pie habit.