Elgin City - 2024 onwards

3-1 against inverurie locos whole team played well id say and dingwall had a good game getting stuck in and for me matty jamieson did well down the wing brave and strong for a young lad one of the goals was from trialist but im sure it was the new signing dylan gavin he looked well up front and a strong lad and also sargent played decent just hitting the post and looks a promising player upfront once he gets the right delivery to him and olly macdonald scored to also looking a promising pacey forward

Edited by cityloon

57 minutes ago, cityloon said:

3-1 against inverurie locos whole team played well id say and dingwall had a good game getting stuck in and for me matty jamieson did well down the wing brave and strong for a young lad one of the goals was from trialist but im sure it was the new signing dylan gavin he looked well up front and a strong lad and also sargent played decent just hitting the post and looks a promising player upfront once he gets the right delivery to him and olly macdonald scored to also looking a promising pacey forward

Aye that was Dylan Gavin that was the trialist that scored. Pleasing to see him and Olly Macdonald scoring good goals. And like you say Sargent looks really sharp also. Promising signs.

7 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

This lad played a half at centre half last night and has also apparently signed. Looked assured and good with both feet.

Screenshot_20240628_235908_Google.jpg

Kyle is decent but, I’d say Stranraer are getting the better deal here. 
We’ve brought in a more experienced player in this position, in Adam Cummins. 
 Elgin are going to have to stump up compensation, probably around £9000 for a player that finished bottom of the league last season. 

47 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Elgin are going to have to stump up compensation, probably around £9000 for a player that finished bottom of the league last season. 

Aye I see what you are saying that is a hefty compensation, especially with Elgin already having 3 starters in that position in the squad.

12 hours ago, starryfish said:

Real lack of experience in the signings made so far, hopefully that is addressed in the weeks to come, promising signs though

Don’t know if I agree about a lack of experience. We have a fair core of players who have played in the league for a number of seasons. Off the top of my head McHale, Draper, Cameron, Dingwall, McEwan, Cooper, Dolzanski has a couple of seasons and some of the signings have played in this league and higher.

6 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Thought the team finished bottom! Elgin finished second bottom but I’m sure several of their players would have got games at a top end team?

26 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Thought the team finished bottom! Elgin finished second bottom but I’m sure several of their players would have got games at a top end team?

Elgin finished 7th (4th bottom).

Ok fair enough, my point being, it was not a kick in the arse off bottom and just because a player comes from a bottom of the table club does not mean they are not capable of playing at a higher end club.

Another defender as a squad player would be useful but with Dolzanski and Murray (and Draper who was excellent when required after the new year) I'm not sure spending a reasonable chunk of money on a centre back is that necessary unless we plan on using a back 3 more.

On 29/06/2024 at 16:23, Mattmc said:

£9,000!!!!!!!! 

What

On 29/06/2024 at 09:14, Super Elgin City said:

This lad played a half at centre half last night and has also apparently signed. Looked assured and good with both feet.

Screenshot_20240628_235908_Google.jpg

He bought he a pint on Saturday night.

On 30/06/2024 at 08:42, 1993 said:

Ok fair enough, my point being, it was not a kick in the arse off bottom and just because a player comes from a bottom of the table club does not mean they are not capable of playing at a higher end club.

Apparently Dylan Forrest could’ve played in the championship…

On 30/06/2024 at 08:42, 1993 said:

Great signing for Elgin ,strong pacy and young talent.

9 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

£9,000!!!!!!!! 

What

That’s usually the type of figure for these deals. 
Stranraer will probably start by asking for about 14 and it will be wangled down.