Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

4 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

It's yet another example of the fans in this country being treated as a complete afterthought.  The noon kick off on Sunday is a bloody joke for Raith fans too. Outwith the OF we all have to put up with this nonsense and it wouldn't be tolerated in the likes of Germany. It will remain the status quo though as we are far too compliant and the clubs are wary of rocking the boat.

Not sure Germany any better. They're also playing their playoffs this weekend, first leg Thursday night and second leg is Monday night. 

Posted (edited)
On 20/05/2024 at 08:57, Broken Algorithms said:

The Kyle Turner derby!

Most Rovers fans I know would've preferred Saints but here we are. You'd imagine County will feel very confident in getting the job done, particularly after last season. 

You’ve put no effort into creating this thread. My simple mind wants coloured circles or some other sort of emojis.

This is the Scottish Premiership Play-off Final!

I will be in the sold out South Stand on Thursday night hoping for the best. 

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

Not sure Germany any better. They're also playing their playoffs this weekend, first leg Thursday night and second leg is Monday night. 

They have an efficient transport system

3 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Would the one-off game be played on a grass or artificial pitch? 😀

For us Fifers and associated historical reasons it has to be pit bing shale.🫣

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It is categorically not a rugby pitch. I’ve no idea where this rumour that’s now passed off as fact came from, but it’s wildly incorrect. 

John Sim 100% stated in an interview with Raith TV a couple of years back that we “ended up with a rugby spec underlay” or words to that effect. 

It may not be true but if the chairman of the club states it on the club TV channel I don’t think you can blame anyone for taking it as gospel. 

It would certainly explain why our pitch appears to be far better than the one laid in the same summer by the same company at Livingston. 

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

It's 30 miles between Bochum and Dusseldorf. Hardly similar. 

21 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

It's 30 miles between Bochum and Dusseldorf. Hardly similar. 

On 3 lane motorways too probably.

St. Johnstone fans giving it the big ‘I Am’ is as funny as it is mental.

Hopeful of any form of positive result on Thursday night for Rovers. A draw would do me just fine. Gives us a real cup tie opportunity on Sunday.

Getting to the final isn’t quite a ‘free hit’ but we’re definitely underdogs. I fully intend to enjoy both legs, regardless. Days like these don’t come around too often.

10 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

A draw would do me just fine. Gives us a real cup tie opportunity on Sunday.

Given County have picked up around 75% of their pts at home, I would say its vital we go up there with a decent result on Thursday.

Absolutely vital we get off to a quick start on Thursday, get the crowd going and score first. Thistle did it perfectly in their home leg last year and got a 2-0 advantage. I’d even be tempted to shoot into the South Stand in the first half to maximise the noise and momentum.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

John Sim 100% stated in an interview with Raith TV a couple of years back that we “ended up with a rugby spec underlay” or words to that effect. 

It may not be true but if the chairman of the club states it on the club TV channel I don’t think you can blame anyone for taking it as gospel. 

It would certainly explain why our pitch appears to be far better than the one laid in the same summer by the same company at Livingston. 

Aye, I presumed it was for ages as well based on that interview. As far as I’m aware though, he was the only person at the club who thought this, and they weren’t too sure where he got it from. 

I take it there isn't an issue with fans getting up to this? 

I haven't seen too many comments along those lines, but when I saw Rovers had only initially managed to source two buses, it did make me wonder if no public transport plus limited supporters buses might leave some folk stuck? 

A Sunday at 12 o'clock kick off is a dreadful time for any game, never mind an important one, and that's regardless of location, but obviously the logistics of this makes it even worse. 

15 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Given County have picked up around 75% of their pts at home, I would say its vital we go up there with a decent result on Thursday.

You're not wrong, but I would definitely take a draw and still being right in the tie at 10pm on Thursday. The memory of the QoS and Dundee ties in recent years where we've lost the game in the first leg still lingers. 

16 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Talking of " perma raging weirdos" ........

hearts-fan-doing-a-nazi-salute-today-v0-b0nprt1h81qb1.jpg

Apropos of nothing, there is a board member of the Foundation of Hearts in that picture (not the guy doing the salute or fats domino next to him, but 5 rows further back).

11 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I take it there isn't an issue with fans getting up to this? 

I haven't seen too many comments along those lines, but when I saw Rovers had only initially managed to source two buses, it did make me wonder if no public transport plus limited supporters buses might leave some folk stuck? 

A Sunday at 12 o'clock kick off is a dreadful time for any game, never mind an important one, and that's regardless of location, but obviously the logistics of this makes it even worse. 

Horrendous. There’s about 20 busses heading up I’m sure as well as people driving. Busses leaving at 6.30/6.45 etc. 

found out now raith have sold out 1800 for Dingwall and have requested another 400. Wow - it’s going to be some atmosphere!!! 

20 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

The noon kick off on Sunday is a bloody joke for Raith fans too. Outwith the OF we all have to put up with this nonsense

The second leg kick off time is a joke, but this is one example where it’s not a case of “screw everyone except the Old Firm”. 

Sunday noon is Sky’s usual Premiership kick-off time, and I think I’m right in saying 100% of the games shown at that time this season have featured either Celtic or Rangers away.