Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Unlikely since he's under contract for another year at County. Good try though. 

Not what all the sites say , to be honest I was surprised that he only signed a 18 month contract, but then again you’re probably right , as it would’ve been pretty daft to pay Queen’s Park for him to only sign for 18 months , but I heard last night both Dundee and United were in for him , and he’s signed for Dundee and will be announced tomorrow 

Beaten convincingly by the better side over two legs but why does Simon Murray have to be such a cock during the game with his niggly fouls and constant griping at players and the ref. He could be even better if he put his focus into his own performance rather than constantly having a go at others. His second goal proved how good he is.

Cowie has turned the Staggies around. Good luck next season.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

The top flight is pretty much a closed shop for the smaller full time teams and has been for 30 years or more. The lack of jeapordy with only 1 automatic relegation place is a disgrace, and clubs like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and St Johnstone have been riding the gravy train for free for decades. 

I dont see Ayr, Morton, Hamilton, QoS, Airdrie, Livingston, Raith getting promoted ever again tbh. Unless you have a miracle like Livingston 5 or 6 years ago, or a Roy McGregor type sugar daddy it's impossible to compete financially. 

And you don't sound jealous in the slightest. 

It's up to those currently in the Championship to improve and/or attract investment, not the top flight to roll over and reward failure by promoting a team who couldn't win a league, which, from recent experience, is a very poor standard. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Not what all the sites say , to be honest I was surprised that he only signed a 18 month contract, but then again you’re probably right , as it would’ve been pretty daft to pay Queen’s Park for him to only sign for 18 months , but I heard last night both Dundee and United were in for him , and he’s signed for Dundee and will be announced tomorrow 

I'm fairly confident that he's not out of contract. When he left us, I was told at the time we offered him another year, Dundee offered two, but County went in with three which is what made it quite an easy decision for him.

Edited by Zanetti

Just now, Zanetti said:

I'm fairly confident that he's not out of contract. When he left us, I was told at the time we offered him another year, Dundee offered two, but County went in with 3 which is what made it quite an easy decision for him.

I heard that too.   Which would be about right.  Dundee could well have offered a fee, or County agreed to let him go.  It’d be a family thing if so, and fair enough if that’s the case.  

That was a stroll, with a gulf in class between the sides. County we’re bigger and more organised at back, dominant in midfield and clinical up front. 
Ironically Raith were better today than Thursday despite getting scudded 4-0. They were pretty wasteful up front - when you get chances against superior opposition you need to take them.

There really should be a play-off winners trophy, would justify the pitch invasion.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"My teams one of the only clubs of a certain size who never reach the top flight and ITS NOT FAIR"

There are loads of league one clubs who could make similar arguments about why they’ll never make the Championship…..having to deal with Falkirk (seaside league veterans), Dunfermline and now Kelty Caley Thistle too over the last few years etc.

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

And you don't sound jealous in the slightest. 

It's up to those currently in the Championship to improve and/or attract investment, not the top flight to roll over and reward failure by promoting a team who couldn't win a league, which, from recent experience, is a very poor standard. 

This is almost word for word what Old Firm fans tell everyone else.

Football is full of self-serving arseholes from top to bottom.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

There are loads of league one clubs who could make similar arguments about why they’ll never make the Championship…..having to deal with Falkirk (seaside league veterans), Dunfermline and now Kelty Caley Thistle too over the last few years etc.

That's just not the case though.  The championship team usually gets relegated in the relegation playoff.  

1 minute ago, Pete the Jakey said:

That was a stroll, with a gulf in class between the sides. County we’re bigger and more organised at back, dominant in midfield and clinical up front. 
Ironically Raith were better today than Thursday despite getting scudded 4-0. They were pretty wasteful up front - when you get chances against superior opposition you need to take them.

There really should be a play-off winners trophy, would justify the pitch invasion.

Just watched the news showing an EFL playoff trophy and my immediate reaction was "what?! 😆"

Raith manage to make the County pitch invasion look more than reasonable considering their fans invaded the pitch in the semis. #minter

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

That's just not the case though.  The championship team usually gets relegated in the relegation playoff.  

I think the playoffs should mirror the other leagues for the top flight. Even though my club would’ve probably been relegated a couple more times  I definitely think it would make it more exciting.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

I think the playoffs should mirror the other leagues for the top flight. Even though my club would’ve probably been relegated a couple more times  I definitely think it would make it more exciting.

Gonna disagree on that, ideally 9th/11th place teams won't be in a playoff, they'd just get relegated, same for teams in 4th place, mid table. 

Two legged game between 2nd and 3rd.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Gonna disagree on that, ideally 9th/11th place teams won't be in a playoff, they'd just get relegated, same for teams in 4th place, mid table. 

Two legged game between 2nd and 3rd.  

Wouldn’t mind that either.

17 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

It was confirmed in the RSJ from the club a couple months ago who we had out of contract and Murray wasn't one of them.

The BBC quoted him after the game as saying on the pitch “WE need to kick on more next season”

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This is almost word for word what Old Firm fans tell everyone else.

Football is full of self-serving arseholes from top to bottom.

Well played, whoring out the old firm patter for deflection purposes 👏

It's also full of arseholes who want it handed to them on a plate while bringing hee haw to the table. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Well played, whoring out the old firm patter for deflection purposes 👏

It's also full of arseholes who want it handed to them on a plate while bringing hee haw to the table. 

Complains about old firm patter before coming out with more old firm speak. You hate to see it.