The Annan Athletic thread

15 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

A new thread for our second League 1 campaign. A new gaffer and hopefully a few signings announced soon. Let's see if we can punch above our weight again. 

I see on the QOS forum they’re debating who’s going to be in the bottom two with us already. 

9 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

I see on the QOS forum they’re debating who’s going to be in the bottom two with us already. 

My early guess would be Dumbarton. 

45 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

We'll be up against it if the finances are as bad as they say but until Wullie gets a few signed up it's anyone's guess. 

1 hour ago, JimThorburn said:

Not unexpected but Colin McMenamin, Alan Casey and Jon Connolly have left the club to join Peter Murphys staff at Queen of the South.

Be interesting to see if Gibson approaches Grant Murray. For selfish reasons I hope he does but from Annan/Wullie's point of view I'd be hoping he doesn't. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be interesting to see if Gibson approaches Grant Murray. For selfish reasons I hope he does but from Annan/Wullie's point of view I'd be hoping he doesn't. 

I suppose it depends on whether or not Murray wants to work at a part time club? Seems like a possible destination if he does. 

5 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

I suppose it depends on whether or not Murray wants to work at a part time club? Seems like a possible destination if he does. 

Bad news for Annan if he does. 

30 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

He was assistant manager to Naysmith at Edinburgh City so he's worked part time before. That however was in his backyard as he lives in Edinburgh. Far more inconvenient for him if he takes a day job somewhere to go to Annan twice a week.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bad news for Annan if he does. 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He was assistant manager to Naysmith at Edinburgh City so he's worked part time before. That however was in his backyard as he lives in Edinburgh. Far more inconvenient for him if he takes a day job somewhere to go to Annan twice a week.

I'd imagine Wullie will need to get a team in place reasonably quickly so we should find out soon. 

8 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

I'd imagine Wullie will need to get a team in place reasonably quickly so we should find out soon. 

He got to work very quickly in regards to signings when he was with us. That'll be interesting as well to see if he takes the same approach or if he'll take it a little slower this time. 

9 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Boom boom are you here all week ?

I thought I'd better make a prediction to back up your made up claim again. 

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He got to work very quickly in regards to signings when he was with us. That'll be interesting as well to see if he takes the same approach or if he'll take it a little slower this time. 

I've heard he's been hard at work trying to secure some of our current team first. He's holding a wee Q&A tomorrow night at the fitba club so I'm wondering if he'll have a couple confirmed by then. 

5 hours ago, annan4eva said:

I'll have to read through the QoS forum again cos I can't recall seeing any such debate.

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'll have to read through the QoS forum again cos I can't recall seeing any such debate.

@annan4evadoesn't let facts get in the way of the truth!!

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

@annan4evadoesn't let facts get in the way of the truth!!

This is the second time you’ve questioned a post from me. Why on earth would i make it up ? Scotland has a 1st minister to do that. For your info my shoulder responds well to warmer weather, now i appear to have a pain in the arse.

44 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

^^^ Agreed.