The Annan Athletic thread

11 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

This is the second time you’ve questioned a post from me. Why on earth would i make it up ? Scotland has a 1st minister to do that. For your info my shoulder responds well to warmer weather, now i appear to have a pain in the arse.

Yes and the first time you made a post that was incorrect. You've now made another post claiming something where like @Fae_the_'briggs, I can't seem to locate the thing you're claiming has happened. 

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

This is the second time you’ve questioned a post from me. Why on earth would i make it up ? Scotland has a 1st minister to do that. For your info my shoulder responds well to warmer weather, now i appear to have a pain in the arse.

Just show some evidence of this alleged debate taking place on the QoS forum and I will be happy to apologise. 

On 22/05/2024 at 16:42, JimThorburn said:

He's holding a wee Q&A tomorrow night at the fitba club so I'm wondering if he'll have a couple confirmed by then. 

Anything interesting from the Q&A?

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Anything interesting from the Q&A?

An offer was made to Kai Nugent but he chose to return to Workington. Wullie is close to confirming his backroom staff one of which has been confirmed as Peter Watson.

We have several important players signed up or just about to be but I'll not name them until they announce it officially incase anything changes.

Keep your eyes on the website and our social media as the Supporters club are pushing Wullies Warchest - hoping to fund a couple of signings/loans etc. 

Questions were rightly asked about the under 20s team which is important for player development. 

Overall a very positive night at Galabank.

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Josh Walker hasn’t been offered a nee deal at Stranraer, I’d guess he’s Annan bound.

Apparently Annan are also keen on Craig Ross. 

Personally I'd like to see Walker back at Galabank. 

21 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Are Annan in a bit of financial trouble Jim ? 

How was the £12,000 raised so quick ? Was it some that the supporters helped raised last season ? 

The 12k or certainly most of it was existing from last season. The balance sheet that's floating around didn't make for pleasant reading nor did the article on the back of the local paper.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Fleming will be hard to replace!

Everyone is pleased Greg is now Annan goalkeeping coach, a probable no brainier for 

19 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Greg Fleming has taken on a coaching role. We'll be looking for a new Number 1.

Not necessarily? It’s good news Greg has agreed to take on that role ( well done Wullie) but it certainly doesnt mean he can’t/wont play until he’s developed a suitable successor.

15 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Everyone is pleased Greg is now Annan goalkeeping coach, a probable no brainier for 

Not necessarily? It’s good news Greg has agreed to take on that role ( well done Wullie) but it certainly doesnt mean he can’t/wont play until he’s developed a suitable successor.

It was acknowledged on Thursday night that Greg is stepping into coaching and he'll be the back up keeper. They are looking for a new number 1. 

17 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Steven Swinglehurst leaves after over a decade at Galabank. 

Swingles has been the absolute definition of a true servant for the past 12 years.  Playing time was becoming more and more limited with his injuries catching up but still never gave less than 100%. Going to be hard to replace his attitude and commitment!

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see Peter Weatherson has left Stranraer. Wonder if he'll rock up to assist Gibson?

Ex Annan and certainly the type of Character required along with Peter Watson and Greg Fleming. Now even you my friend would agree with that ? Just need Ross Goodwin now. And a team to compete. 

5 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Ex Annan and certainly the type of Character required along with Peter Watson and Greg Fleming. Now even you my friend would agree with that ? Just need Ross Goodwin now. And a team to compete. 

He was always a character so aye he'd surely be good to have around the place. He'd have played with Gibson at Queens as well. His farewell statement at Stranraer suggests it was too much for him though. I don't know where he stays though so Annan may be easier to get to. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He was always a character so aye he'd surely be good to have around the place. He'd have played with Gibson at Queens as well. His farewell statement at Stranraer suggests it was too much for him though. I don't know where he stays though so Annan may be easier to get to. 

Did he not marry a lassie from Greenock/Port Glasgow during his Morton days?  Not totally sure, if so maybe he lives up that way.

40 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Did he not marry a lassie from Greenock/Port Glasgow during his Morton days?  Not totally sure, if so maybe he lives up that way.

Aye, that was my understanding about his wife but also not sure where he lives. Was he not Manager or assistant at a Junior Club (or whatever those clubs are called now) up around Glesga after he hung up his boots so presumed he did live in that area. Jacking in Stranraer to maybe take a job at Annan, frying pan and fire spring to mind.