General Election 2024

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Yes.  That is depressingly accurate.

I can remember a time when Labour were regarded as left wing and even some members of the Liberal Party.  Question Time was actually worth watching and panelists from these parties said things I agreed with.

Unfortunately as such they didn't win elections.  It could be what you are saying is right - that England is essentially a Conservative country and Labour only win if they promise not to actually do anything.

However since 1955 the Labour Party and Liberals together always got more votes than the Tories alone.  

I am suggesting that maybe with PR they wouldn't have had to both give up their values to get elected.

England are naturalky a Conservative voting nation. As someone once said " Britain ( England) , is a Conservative country that occasionally votes Labour" 

40 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

0/10 for effort

As said it a Friday only, and with wife and kids having Jewish faith imagine wanting to spend time with his family on their day.

Only time Boris was at a desk after 6 was bevvying at a party.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon the number of post graduate qualifications that @Jedi2 has is the same as number of people on P&B he’s converted to Labour’s cause through his incessant posting.

Indeed. @lichtgilphead has already 'proved' that I left school at about 15 with 0 qualifications naturally.

55 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

As said it a Friday only, and with wife and kids having Jewish faith imagine wanting to spend time with his family on their day.

Only time Boris was at a desk after 6 was bevvying at a party.

This really isn't the zinger the Tories think it is. Most ordinary people will recognise a family man trying to secure some family time, even if it is just one evening a week. 

The idea that Sunak works 24 hours a day, and therefore so should everyone else, isn't going to turn the tide here. 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This really isn't the zinger the Tories think it is. Most ordinary people will recognise a family man trying to secure some family time, even if it is just one evening a week. 

The idea that Sunak works 24 hours a day, and therefore so should everyone else, isn't going to turn the tide here. 

The sheer level of desperation their most recent messaging has reached should be enough for the drive the last of their support to be too ashamed to go near a polling station.

How any right minded person would vote conservative or reform is beyond the pale.

I'm sure that all posters on here are working people who have seen nothing but hard times over the last 14 years as the rich people have benifitted big style.

Just to give it some personal perspective I bought a small PCB for a unique piece of equipment from a well known MFR exactly two years ago for £110.00, yesterday I phoned the same spare parts dept for the same PCB and was quoted £226.00, fuckin robbery knowing they could blame it on costs and get away with it, while there is no doubt that board was in stock years ago. Profiteering.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon the number of post graduate qualifications that @Jedi2 has is the same as number of people on P&B he’s converted to Labour’s cause through his incessant posting.

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Indeed. @lichtgilphead has already 'proved' that I left school at about 15 with 0 qualifications naturally.

No Jedi

I totally believe that you hold multiple degrees and additional postgraduate qualifications.

Why else would I be interested in what subject your most excellent PhD was in?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I got a bronze certificate in swimming.

There you go...you are miles ahead of me in the qualifications stakes already.. I couldn't even aspire to getting in the pool never mind get a certificate as I couldn't read the map to get me to the building.

Today is evidently the day for the nutcases to target Dundee Central and I just got this load of nonsense through the door. Find the George Galloway leaflet particularly hilarious as I've no idea if he even has his eyes open.

The Tory one particularly shady as it only declares what party she's in on the back in small typeface.

Will need to upload as multiple posts due to limits.

20240702_150237.jpg

20240702_150247.jpg

26 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

He actually got the jail, so the folk he defrauded must have been loaded? 

Wasn’t fraud per se.  He and a Tory Councillor tried to induce a bribe in exchange for influence over a planning matter as I recall.