General Election 2024

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Stewart McDonald anaw. The pro war goons in the snp getting emptied :)

Alyn Smith, one of the ablest pro-EU voices in Parliament is gone and you cheer? What a strange self-loather you are.

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

Alyn Smith, one of the ablest pro-EU voices in Parliament is gone and you cheer? What a strange self-loather you are.

I don’t like the EU pal. 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

To be replaced by the pro-genocide goons of the Labour Party.

Noticeable that the Israeli President was one of the first world leaders to congratulate Kieth.

Hoped John Nicholson would hold on as he's been excellent in committees but there you go. As many have said, the SNP have been the only effective opposition to the Tories for years but are being punished for the amateurs at Holyrood. 

Curtice said that apart from in Scotland the Labour vote has stayed the same and the Tories losing votes to Reform has basically decided the election.

Looking like 36% which is a mental figure for a total landslide.

UK politics is fucked, FPTP in particular 

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Self loathing :lol:. The EU is racist, neo-colonialist institution, that’s sole purpose is to benefit the European ruling class. 

That's nice, dear.

9 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Ever since 2014 during Flower of Scotland at Scotland games I've balked at the line 'We can still rise now/and be a nation again' because I've doubted whether it's true. Now I know it isn't. Pathetic wee pretend country that deserves all it wishes on itself.

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Look to The SNP if you want someone to blame.

While the SNP have been an utter shambles in recent times, we. as a nation, had an independence referendum and completely fucked it up.

At the end of the day the Scottish electorate had the chance to forge it's own destiny and chose not to which makes the epithet 'Pathetic wee pretend country' fairly legitimate.

Disappointed to be waking up in a Labour seat again, but the really worrying thing is the low turn out and rise of a party like Reform UK in a constituency like Motherwell.

23 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Ever since 2014 during Flower of Scotland at Scotland games I've balked at the line 'We can still rise now/and be a nation again' because I've doubted whether it's true. Now I know it isn't. Pathetic wee pretend country that deserves all it wishes on itself.

Should probably consider learning the actual words and context of the anthem, then.

It's 'be the nation again'.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

He was quite symbolic of the SNP's problem, in my view. He boasted about how he'd helped bring SNP in line with "mainstream" opinion, leading to them being "accepted". He got on the Westminster Foreign Affairs Committee and he had his column in The Scotsman. That's not the attitude SNP should ever be adopting. They're an insurgency movement or they're nothing. 

Edited by Freedom Farter

It’s mad the Tories still get the seats they have done. I wonder what it would take for them to lose support in place like the borders if this absolute car-crash of a government wasn’t enough?

22 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Looking like 36% which is a mental figure for a total landslide.

And the SNP sitting at what 30% of the Scottish vote share. Been a funny night on the numbers

Just now, Freedom Farter said:

He was quite symbolic of the SNP's problem, in my view. He boasted about how he'd help bring SNP in line with "mainstream" opinion, leading to them being "accepted". He got on the Westminster Foreign Affairs Committee and he had his column in The Scotsman. That's not the attitude SNP should ever be adopting. They're an insurgency movement or they're nothing. 

Correct. A vote for Labour in Scotland was an anti-SNP, establishment protest, which is the opposite of what it should be. 

Penny Mordaunt said "Democracy is never wrong".
On a side note, Mordaunt can use my face if she's looking for a new seat.