General Election 2024

Just now, Iain said:

I was meaning today

Ah apologies. I don’t think 24% was their natural level here however but yes a lot of them will have jumped ship.

Jesus, the Wiki page on UK election results is gonna need a major overhaul. Records of all sorts are gonna fall…1924’s 209 majority is pretty much done as the single party high since 1900, and 1997’s 418 seats by Labour too with the way this is going.

Heres the thing that bothers me, at Westminster the SNP have been decent at holding Tories and Labour to account over a whole load of issues, Gaza etc and other aspects of foreign policy, the lad who is the WM leader appears like a decent spud too. My own MP through conversations ive had with him seems to live in the real world. But they are feeling the ire because of the failure of the holyrood snp politicians to actually be a decent administration. So imo we are now essentially faced with the death of the indy movement because the snp holyrood politicians are shite at their job, cant govern and have wasted so much political capital on failing policies. I dont think Scottish voters are anywhere near as right wing as the English electorate, but the SNP’s policies have been fostered in an echo chamber of happy clapping careerists that the public in Scotland really werent asking for. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

Starmer got 36,461 votes in 2019. 

We've barely made that number in total this time around. 

A lot of very bad turnouts. 

Dundee going from two constituencies to one is a boot in the baws alone for the SNP. Always been an SNP stronghold so dropping from 2 seats to 1 is pish.

Imagine dressing as fucking Elmo for a vote and then clapping the establishment candidates winning speech. What's the fucking point?!

So in the “immigration election” where mindless idiots are voting Reform up and down the country, Labour take Folkestone, which is right where a lot of these waves and waves of constant boats of the invasion should be landing, for the first time in a century.

27 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Glad to see former Canadian racing driver Andrew Ranger finding a new career in UK politics and winning a seat

"Former Canadian"?

I think we can pretend he is still Canadian even if he going to be living over here.