General Election 2024

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think this is the first "ARE YOU SUPPORTING ENGLAND AT THE EUROS?" klaxon of the campaign.

Fair play to Flynn for dismissing it instantly.

Genuine question. 

Why are English people so desperate for Scots to support England at tournaments. 

It is very weird.

Posted (edited)

None of these Labour or Tory representatives believe in healing the UK. They see it as Greater England and a few outlying shite holes to dump nukes, steal their stuff and control as they see fit..

Edited by dirty dingus

11 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Were any of the topics he mentioned actually reserved matters, or were they all devolved, and nothing to do with this election?

There were no policies mentioned that I noticed just don't vote SNP.

37 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Genuine question. 

Why are English people so desperate for Scots to support England at tournaments. 

It is very weird.

They are insecure.

28 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Because we're all part of the glorious UK (led by England obv), looked on with awe and envy by the rest of the world. For many it's inconceivable we don't share and support their view or teams.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Oh, wait, it's actually because in their "vision" of the UK we're nothing but an irrelevance.

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

Genuine question. 

It is very weird.

They're not. They're looking for an excuse to act shocked and/or outraged about the uppity Jocks who still haven't assimilated into "are culture".

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

http://bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv224x3pmv9o

I'm sure that the media will run the Humiliation and Catastrophe for Welsh Labour!!!111!!! angle, in equal measure to when Yousaf was removed at Holyrood. 

First Minister Vaughan Gething looks set to lose a vote of no confidence in his leadership later, after one of his members said that two Labour colleagues are off sick.

:lol: 

3 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Genuine question. 

It is very weird.

The question they really want to ask is "Will you be supporting whatever team is playing against England?"

Just now, Fullerene said:

The question they really want to ask is "Will you be supporting whatever team is playing against England?"

For anyone wanting a game of hang the man person, the answer is:

F______ R____

I'm waiting for confirmation on this, but it looks like Me & Mrs S might not be able to vote. We'll be on holiday on election day. It seems even though we've got our postal vote applications ready, the forms are all sent out on the same day, about the 20th or so. We'll be out of the country by then and not back until the 6th July. Mrs is checking with a councillor friend so it might be able for them to cast our votes by proxy. Wonder how many votes might be lost here?

Just an aside, going to Greece and with a couple of clicks on a plane site and a ferry site, putting in passport details and addresses you're set to go. Voting though? Forms probably sent by carrier pigeon and have to be signed in quill and ink.

giphy(3).gif.1a5fd873fcacba754d4728c08ec2664e.gif

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Thanks for making me suffer his wee smug face again :(

He mentioned the NHS, Education, Employment & fixing the roads -all devolved. He didn't mention anything to do with Westminster, or anything about the current opposition.

An absolutely irrelevant & pointless broadcast by an irrelevant & pointless man.

4 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

I'm waiting for confirmation on this, but it looks like Me & Mrs S might not be able to vote. We'll be on holiday on election day. It seems even though we've got our postal vote applications ready, the forms are all sent out on the same day, about the 20th or so. We'll be out of the country by then and not back until the 6th July. Mrs is checking with a councillor friend so it might be able for them to cast our votes by proxy. Wonder how many votes might be lost here?

Just an aside, going to Greece and with a couple of clicks on a plane site and a ferry site, putting in passport details and addresses you're set to go. Voting though? Forms probably sent by carrier pigeon and have to be signed in quill and ink.

giphy(3).gif.1a5fd873fcacba754d4728c08ec2664e.gif

Not sure if you've looked at this or not, but looks like you can do it online

https://www.gov.uk/apply-proxy-vote

Four weeks to go and I’m already resigned to a majority Labour Government for the next five years.

Things will not improve for the people of Scotland and the erosion of funding for the Scottish Government will not be reversed leading to a further diminution of services.  The only positive for that will be Labour being exposed though that’s a tough price to pay for the poorest and most vulnerable who, as always, will be the ones who suffer most.

My only hope is that during this period the SNP can get there act together for 2029.

1 hour ago, Dan Steele said:

Thanks for that 👍. We printed out and filled the forms last night and she'll see her chum today. 

We're having to go for the proxy votes as well. Our son will vote on our behalf but it's slightly more complicated as we all use postal votes. We have appointed him as our proxy, so he'll have to do 3 postal votes.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

:lol: 

Phoning in a sickie on the day you have to either publicly back the FM who kicked you out of government or get punted out the party for voting against him

image.gif.230f7cf33e2ce66024abc0ea3ca3f1b3.gif