Broxburn Athletic FC

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Referee went to speak to both the coaches around the hour mark.  I am guessing he was asking if they wanted the match abandoned due to the mist/Fog.  A bit bizarre if that was the question as it was no worse then than it was at the KO.

Referee was far too fussy with awarding fouls and constantly slowing the game down..  Never allowed the game to get properly going.  Lots of good players on the pitch and it COULD have been a proper bone rattling blood and thunder derby but alas the man in black was a useless fearty !!

Aye I wondered what that wee conversation was about. If it was weather related, it was a very odd time to have it... but that's all I can think it was about too.

He was fussy, stopped game flowing, was clearly making players frustrated, but was painfully inconsistent, letting some players off with a chat and booking others for lesser offences. He seemed to overrule that assistants quite often too... especially the one over at the covered terrace side!

About as tough a draw as we could get in the South Challenge against Clydebank. They are absolutely flying just now and in great form.

But we are at home, so gotta use that to our advantage and make sure we don't have our usual slow start. Should be a great game... gutted I'll be out the country and miss it!

11 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

About as tough a draw as we could get in the South Challenge against Clydebank. They are absolutely flying just now and in great form.

But we are at home, so gotta use that to our advantage and make sure we don't have our usual slow start. Should be a great game... gutted I'll be out the country and miss it!

A very good cup tie in the offing. We've won every game this season and hopefully still that way by the time the tie comes around. You're having a grand season too so a good way for us to gauge how we're doing. We'll bring a fair support through so hopefully a good atmosphere too

A cracker of a tie, just one of many. This Cup has been improved enormously with the introduction of the WOSFL teams  , can only go from strength to strength. 

If you are looking at a league table,  we were absolutely flying in August. Since then we have played one league game in September and all the rest of our games have been cup times against lower league opponents. 

Hard to tell if we are still absolutely flying. Our second league game in two months is tomorrow against Cumnock so that will be a better gauge of where we are currently.

6 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

A very good cup tie in the offing. We've won every game this season and hopefully still that way by the time the tie comes around. You're having a grand season too so a good way for us to gauge how we're doing. We'll bring a fair support through so hopefully a good atmosphere too

Just rub it in some more that I can't make it 😢

Definitely should be a cracking cup tie.

4 hours ago, clansman said:

If you are looking at a league table,  we were absolutely flying in August. Since then we have played one league game in September and all the rest of our games have been cup times against lower league opponents. 

Hard to tell if we are still absolutely flying. Our second league game in two months is tomorrow against Cumnock so that will be a better gauge of where we are currently.

Cup ties are a great wee distraction if your league season isn't going too well, but they've likely all come at just the wrong time for you guys! Hopefully 😉

Will be keeping more of a check on your results in the coming weeks!

43 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I probably won't myself tbh. Do you stream or film games ?

Ahh some good options for a wee hike and pre-match pint and a post-match dinner if you make it and wanna make a day of it.

Games are filmed on VEO camera so usually a wee highlights package after the game/next day. No streaming of games, at least not that I know of.

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

Ahh some good options for a wee hike and pre-match pint and a post-match dinner if you make it and wanna make a day of it.

Games are filmed on VEO camera so usually a wee highlights package after the game/next day. No streaming of games, at least not that I know of.

A couple of our guys catch the Bankies highlights ( they stand at the end we're shooting at and catch on phone ) and put up not long after. Hopefully there will be a few 

2nd best for much of the game today and Civil Service, despite hanging on a bit towards the end, were worth their win.

The big turning point was Jonathan Page having to go off injured early in the 1st half. An already depleted defence was now decimated and it let CSS have some space to move the ball forward and get crosses in.

The opening goal came from the Broxburn defence just not getting the ball clear and allowing too much space in the box. The 2nd came from sloppy possession in midfield that gifted the ball to CSS who moved it forward quickly and got a good strike away.

CSS always looked like they could score again and our keeper made about 3 great saves to keep the score down. All this time something just wasn't clicking going forward for Broxburn. It was also the first game you could maybe see just why Bonnyrigg let Wardell go out on loan. The CSS fullbacks had the pace to match him, never let him get time on the ball and always had a buddy to double up on him if needed.

After CSS were settled on the victory, they worked and slowing the game down as best they could. Their shithousery, while frustrating, was excellent. And they had earned the right to it by getting ahead.

Broxburn started to throw everything at it, a Gary Brass headed goal was ruled out for offside. I'd like to see that again in highlights. Errol Douglas had another goal ruled out for a foul on keeper. Looked soft, but keeper always gets the decision. Finally 5 mins into stoppage time, Errol did score with a left foot volley from ball coming over his shoulder. A wonderfully taken effort, but just a consolation. Last touch of game was another Errol header that beat the keeper, but just went wide.

It wasn't the best day for Broxburn... but it was also a poor showing by the officials who looked painfully out of their depth. But for Broxburn, need a huge improvement for next week... and hopefully a defence!

On 18/10/2024 at 18:08, Jordi1977 said:

Cup ties are a great wee distraction if your league season isn't going too well, but they've likely all come at just the wrong time for you guys! Hopefully 😉

Will be keeping more of a check on your results in the coming weeks!

You've already seen the Bankies this season- at Shotts. 

They looked decent enough. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You've already seen the Bankies this season- at Shotts. 

They looked decent enough. 

Aye, but early season so it was still gentle poking to gauge opposition. Did look pretty decent. We need to be confident with home advantage... but we saw yesterday that can count for nothing if you're not at it.

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I believe Marcus Millar's loan spell at Blackburn has been cut short, anyone know the reason?

We let Kieran Moyles go to Hutchison Vale and then we ended up painfully short of defenders. Marcus Millar played in our SCC game down at Thorn Athletic, but wasn't in the squad for last Saturday - I assume different registration requirements for the league.

We had a defender go off injured on Saturday and ended with 2 midfielders in the back 4! So hopefully he is cleared to play soon - defo may be needed for the Scottish this weekend. 

And hopefully we are about to announce an influx of defenders signing up...

47 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

We let Kieran Moyles go to Hutchison Vale and then we ended up painfully short of defenders. Marcus Millar played in our SCC game down at Thorn Athletic, but wasn't in the squad for last Saturday - I assume different registration requirements for the league.

We had a defender go off injured on Saturday and ended with 2 midfielders in the back 4! So hopefully he is cleared to play soon - defo may be needed for the Scottish this weekend. 

And hopefully we are about to announce an influx of defenders signing up...

Sounds like he's gone back then in that case, pity.  I'm kinda hoping Blackburn re-sign him at some point, I'm not convinced he'll get a regular game at Broxburn.

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Sounds like he's gone back then in that case, pity.  I'm kinda hoping Blackburn re-sign him at some point, I'm not convinced he'll get a regular game at Broxburn.

Lack of numbers at the moment means he may well see a fair bit of game time. But once injuries clear and if anyone new comes in, he is the one that tends to be left out.

Solid defender on his day, so maybe a wee run in the team, if he does get one, will put him more in the thoughts of the management again.