Group B 🇪🇸🇭🇷🇮🇹🇦🇱

Posted (edited)

Group B fixtures along with UK kick off times and channels:

Saturday 15th June - 5.00pm - Spain vs Croatia - ITV
Saturday 15th June - 8.00pm - Italy vs Albania - BBC1
Wednesday 19th June - 2.00pm - Croatia vs Albania - ITV
Thursday 20th June - 8.00pm - Spain vs Italy - ITV
Monday 24th June - 8.00pm - Albania vs Spain - BBC (TBC)
Monday 24th June -8.00pm - Croatia vs Italy - BBC (TBC)

Interesting group for me this, you'd expect Albania to struggle, but they did win their qualifying group so likley aren't as dug meat as when we battered them in the Nations League. Italy are Italy and who knows what type of Italian performance you'll get from the defending champions. Spain are the best side on paper, but as we seen at Hampden, they can be rattled. Croatia are generally a tough customer, hard to predict this one.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to Group B 🇪🇸🇭🇷🇮🇹🇦🇱
13 hours ago, GordonS said:

If we finish second in our group we play the second-placed team in this group in Berlin. That's not looking like it would be easy.

Which bit?  Finishing 2nd or the resulting tie?

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Which bit?  Finishing 2nd or the resulting tie?

Sorry, I meant the resulting tie. Second in this group is likely to be a stronger team than in most groups. 

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Sorry, I meant the resulting tie. Second in this group is likely to be a stronger team than in most groups. 

I guessed, I was being a snarky c**t.  I'd say getting 2nd in our group is going to be hard enough, let alone worrying about who we get after that.

12 minutes ago, forameus said:

I guessed, I was being a snarky c**t.  I'd say getting 2nd in our group is going to be hard enough, let alone worrying about who we get after that.

If you aren't expecting us to finish bottom yet plotting our various routes to the final, are you even a Scotland fan?

Winner of 2A v 2B plays 1C (which is predicted to be England) v 3DEF in the quarter final, so when we finish 2nd and beat Italy, we'll have England next. 

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like a group of death to most people but I actually think Spain will win it pretty easily and group D is the real group of death. The Italian side aren’t the same team that won the last edition of this tournament (and even at that, they hit the form of their lives over that month and weren’t great outside of that period) and Croatia have to fall off a cliff at some point, with Modric on his last legs now.

Spain 9

Italy 4

Croatia 4 (sneak through as a 3rd placed team)

Albania 0