Group B 🇪🇸🇭🇷🇮🇹🇦🇱

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That's a dive. How the f**k is that not being overturned?

He's looking to go down (which makes it hilarious they've then missed it) but it IS a foul.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If they're deeming that a penalty then it's surely a red?

And given that it is a foul I agree. No idea what possible justification there was for 'Salty Tears' to stay on the pitch. Absolutely no attempt to play the ball in that.

Spain have dodged a huge bullet there. They should have lost a goal AND a man and ended up losing neither, though it wouldnt have changed the result anyway.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, Savage Henry said:

VAR supported every decision he made.  

In the same way that VAR 'supports' farcical decisions in the English league, sure. 

Anyone with eyes can see that they've made a monumental c**t of it. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

VAR supported every decision he made.  

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

In the same way that VAR 'supports' farcical decisions in the English league, sure. 

Anyone with eyes can see that they've made a monumental c**t of it. 

Just a reminder that the VAR here is Stuart 'Ashley Cole can do what he likes in the box, I'm never giving penalties against him' Atwell.......

How he got nominated as a VAR at this tournament after his Everton v Forest shitshow defies belief.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Just a reminder that the VAR here is Stuart 'Ashley Cole can do what he likes in the box, I'm never giving penalties against him' Atwell.......

How he got nominated as a VAR at this tournanent after his Everton v Forest shitshow defies belief.

Absolutely this.

2 minutes ago, Darth Crabbit said:

Surely that big greetin faced fud Rodri should be off, a soft foul - Yes, but it was a clear goal scoring opportunity and he was last man. 

Last man isn't a thing, but he should have been off, certainly. 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's looking to go down (which makes it hilarious they've then missed it) but it IS a foul.

He continues quite steady, then stumps his toes right into the pitch and throws himself down. The game shouldn't be tolerating this - he went down purely off his own steam. 

It was neither a penalty or a yellow card. Got both decisions wrong.

I couldn't hear commentary but what was the rebound ruled out for? Encroachment or offside?

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It’s either no foul or a sending off. Ref shat it. 

This. I think it is a foul and I think Rodri's reaction is pretty telling but I take the point that he looked to go down a bit easily (not sure why he would, its an open goal). 

Given that they gave and then VAR confirmed, a penalty it simply HAS to be a red card. He's nowhere near the ball. Terrible decision. Hopefully Atwell isnt given another game.