Group C 🇸🇮🇩🇰🇷🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

They’re going after Kane because he’s no longer a premiership player.

They got the ball in the box once and he scored. The other night they put one cross in and the keeper saved his header.

Ive never loved Kane but this reaction is laughable. All these wee ‘best in the world’ superstars around him, and not a single assist/ ball into the box for him.

Hes just finished top scorer in European football and they’re making out he’s done.

I was thinking this. Going on about him but he did his job, and got the ball in the net, especially in a game where the ball wasn’t even in the Danish box all that often. 

Just now, keptie said:

Partick Thistle and England supporter, strange combination but kudos for coming on here amongst us English hating hordes. 😀

Thanks.  Supporting Partick.Thistle and following Scottish football  gives me some patter with my mate.. He moved down to fly the Ayr United flag.  I enjoy the games up there.  It is the natural order for you to want us to lose!

More questions than answers for England there. Pleasing.

Bellingham is obviously a fantastic player, but when he's not on it they look lost.

Very obvious drop off in quality once the subs came on.

They'll win this group, but their last 16 and potential QF will be 50/50 games that could go either way.

Harry speaks :-

Harry Kane: 'We're struggling with and without the ball'

"There’s no easy games at major tournaments and I think that’s being shown. There are levels we can reach, with and without the ball, but it’s a sign of a good team that you can get results when you’re not playing well. We’re top of the group and we’ve all but qualified. I know there’ll be loads of noise and a bit of disappointment at home, but we experienced this when we drew with Scotland in the last Euros. It’s a time to stay calm, reflect and try to improve. Step by step, we’ll get there.

We’re struggling with and without the ball. The pressing in both games hasn’t been quite right, and with the ball we haven’t been good enough – that’s from top to bottom, from me to Picks. It was tough out there with the heat and the pitch. It wasn’t our greatest game but we got away with a draw.

It’s not just when we score that (we drop deep). It’s something we need to get better at. When the teams drop a few players deeper we’re not sure how who’s supposed to be pressing. In the second half we tried to change it a bit with me and Jude playing in front of their two midfielders and then trying to get up. But it was difficult: credit to Denmark, they’re a really good side and they carried a threat."

I took pelters when I said that McGregor or Gilmour would walk into the England midfield.

I don't care what anyone says. They would

The Swiss midfield is easily the equivalent to the Danish midfield. McGregor and Gilmour controlled their match more than Rice and Trent did theirs.

Stuart Pierce once said that Rice is a centerback. If you pair him up with Trent then it's a centerback and a fullback in midfield.

It's hardly Southgate's fault England don't produce playnakers, though.

Another bright spark was telling me that Mainoo is a world class midfielder as he plays for club and country at 19. I didn't let on that I'm a Manchester United fan and I know all about Mainoo.

As I said previously in this thread. England are the world champions at being self publisists. The weird thing is when Scottish people believe the hype. There are a fair few of them here.

Edited by SlayerX

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If this is the real player, he has more front than the Mersey waterfront where Everton are building their new stadium.  Couldn't finish his tea.  Cheeky get!

1 minute ago, Red Kite said:

If this is the real player, he has more front than the Mersey waterfront where Everton are building their new stadium.  Couldn't finish his tea.  Cheeky get!

Aye, it’s him. 

IMG_4237.png

5 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

"Trent" in midfield btw 😂

This is the bit I can't believe, and I don't get why Southgate isn't getting slaughtered for it. You take a player who has only ever played a handful of (underwhelming) games there, whose main strengths are long range passing and crossing and then play him in a position where he can do neither, whilst also having zero positional awareness or defensive ability. All this in the European Championships, it's crazy.

You could drop Bellingham back beside Rice where he'd be more influential and move Foden central where he'd be better. Or just play any one of dozens of actual central midfielders.

No Barclays team got beyond the quarter finals of the Gazprom yet they still think they still think their Barclays laden squad should be sweeping aside all in front of them with an idiot for a manager.