Early 2024/25 predictions

13 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

How has Rae been after that head injury, all good? He's had some wild moments against Dunfermline but I rate him. 

Indicated on social media that he was back in training which is good news. To be fair he has his share of wild moments against a lot of teams, but has excellent ability and without that undisciplined side of his game he would likely be playing at a higher level already.

I think Livi will go all out to go straight back up first time of asking.

Martindale being kept on would suggest they want continuity with the existing squad that are staying.

The money will of course drop off a cliff if they don’t get promoted and that’s when they’ll drop like a stone from the following season imo.

As much as I’ve got no time for them as a club you have the respect the fact the got the big league and stay for as long as they did.

Seems to me all divisions have more of a natural order to them currently. 

Forgot to add I’d make Morton a pick for one of the bottom two places at this early stage.

Lost two strikers one of which was their player of the season.

Signed an untried player from Maidstone and the most comedic of all given Broadfoot a one year extension.

Not the early vibes that they’ll be competing at the top however if they’re shopping the lower leagues of England they may just find a ‘Dipo’.

57 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Unofficially scratching around this is what I believe is the current state of play..

Signed..

McCabe

Watson

McMaster

G Gallagher

McStravick

Fellows

Kavanagh.  

Still to sign and would think we would offer terms..

Telfer

Frizzell

Ballantyne

ATS

Heard Rae is either away to Dundee United or Ross County and Gall and Fordyce are away..

This is a rough look on our current situation, would imagine it will be confirmed in the next week or so..

How could you possibly miss out Hancock? Call yourself a fan? 😂

11 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Not the early vibes that they’ll be competing at the top however if they’re shopping the lower leagues of England they may just find a ‘Dipo’.

We are hoping it's the Welsh league that gives us that having stuck a 2 year pre-contract on a striker way back in January.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Passionate said:

As already stated it is pretty pointless, but I will give it a go.....

1.   Livingston

2. Partick Thistle

3.  Ayr

4. Raith

5. Falkirk

6. Dunfermline 

7. Queens Park

8. Airdrie

9. Hamilton

10. Morton

Livvy have signed well so far, and look to me as if they credentials to go back up..

Although many think everyone hopes they will drop like a stone..

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Way too early for any meaningful predictions until we see some signings. Looks a really open league and all 10 teams will probably fancy a crack at the top spot. Kind of hoping it’s someone other than Livingston nothing personal just the same team coming down and going straight back up is a bit dull. I’m sure Martindale will be aiming for an instant return and they’ll probably push the boat out financially like most relegated teams do. Mental were the most northern team and the furthest away game is Ayr Utd should hopefully see some decent away supports to boost gates for everyone. 

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Way too early for any meaningful predictions until we see some signings. Looks a really open league and all 10 teams will probably fancy a crack at the top spot. Kind of hoping it’s someone other than Livingston nothing personal just the same team coming down and going straight back up is a bit dull. I’m sure Martindale will be aiming for an instant return and they’ll probably push the boat out financially like most relegated teams do. Mental were the most northern team and the furthest away game is Ayr Utd should hopefully see some decent away supports to boost gates for everyone. 

Replacing Dundee United with Falkirk will be a decrease in most away crowds I would imagine? Hamilton and Livi replacing Arbroath and Inverness might be a decrease for some teams? Or it'll be a much of muchness. 

I might be misreable but the #AwayDays look pretty rubbish next season IMO. 

7 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I might be misreable but the #AwayDays look pretty rubbish next season IMO. 

Agreed. Yourself, Ayr and Morton are decent, but there is a good handful of dross in there.

1. Ayr

2. Plastic Whistle

3. Lolkirk 

4. Roth Ravers

5. Pars

6. Scairdrie

7.  Queens Park Amatuers

8. Accies

9. Lavi

10. Morten

There, that should just about piss everybody off 😊

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

1. Ayr

2. Plastic Whistle

3. Lolkirk 

4. Roth Ravers

5. Pars

6. Scairdrie

7.  Queens Park Amatuers

8. Accies

9. Lavi

10. Morten

There, that should just about piss everybody off 😊

Aye, why don't we get a funny name? 

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Agreed. Yourself, Ayr and Morton are decent, but there is a good handful of dross in there.

From my perspective Raith and Partick are good, I'll go along to Livi away for the convenience and I have a mate that lives through there that'll make it good but I can't imagine they'll be many looking forward to that. 

But it's proper slim pickings. 

Posted (edited)

Raith

Partick 

Ayr United

Falkirk

Livvy

Morton

Queens Park

Hamilton 

Dunfermline 

Airdrie 

Edited by madton

Raith Rovers

Partick Thistle

Livingston

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Ayr

Airdrie

Queens Park

Morton

Hamilton

Every chance that there is a situation where 3 points separates 10th from 5th by the end of season.

Posted (edited)

Raith

Livi

Partick

Queens Park

Falkirk

Pars

Airdrie

Morton

Ayr

Hamilton

At the moment, all the pressure and expectation is on Raith. Clearly splashing the cash and making the early moves. Hoping to see the wheels come off though.

That said, I'm in no position to laugh - Pars need to tread carefully this season. Squad still needs pretty significant upgrades whilst also staying fit. Going to need to see more from the club before I get optimistic about this season. 

Edited by AuldReekie