Early 2024/25 predictions

On 28/05/2024 at 15:22, Passionate said:

Unofficially scratching around this is what I believe is the current state of play..

Signed..

McCabe

Watson

McMaster

G Gallagher

McStravick

Fellows

Kavanagh.  

Still to sign and would think we would offer terms..

Telfer

Frizzell

Ballantyne

ATS

Heard Rae is either away to Dundee United or Ross County and Gall and Fordyce are away..

This is a rough look on our current situation, would imagine it will be confirmed in the next week or so..

What's the craic with Todorov?

Posted (edited)
On 30/05/2024 at 20:00, AuldReekie said:

Ahem! 😏

Been a bumper year for conservatories and catering down Kirkcaldy I see. 

Anything other than promotion going to be a huge failure at this rate. 

If the Hanlon news is true, shaping up to be a bumper summer for Rovers. A tad envious if only because we're doing naff all, but really, looks like it's boom or bust down at Pratt Street. Anything other than promotion going to look like abject failure, although promotion via playoffs would likely paper over cracks. 

Average age must have taken a pretty big jump so even if promoted, going to have some boys who don't have legs for the top league but I guess that's a problem for next season. 

Gotta respect the game though - got money and not afraid to spend it. Keen to see some signings at Pars but not sure how comfortable I'd be with us doing similar. 

Going to be a laugh if wheels come off the bus. Will be some season. 🙂

Edited by AuldReekie

I could and will probably be wildly wrong but this is what I have. 

1. Raith Rovers

2. Partick Thistle

3. Livingston 

4. Pars

5. Falkirk

6. Airdrie

7. Ayr

8. Queens Park

9. Hamilton Accies

10. Morton 

• 3 weeks later...

1. Raith

2. Partick Thistle

3. Livingston

4. Ayr

5. Airdrie

6. Morton

7. Dunfermline

8. Falkirk

9. Queens Park

10. Hamilton

I’m still sticking with Queens Park being the dark horses. Haughey will not sit back and let another season of failure fall by the way side. They have players in that squad that can hurt anyone. Partick are paying the big bucks and Livingston signing a strong squad for a quick Premiership return. My prediction will be 

Queens Park

Livingston

Partick

Raith Rovers

Ayr

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Morton

Airdrie

Hamilton

58 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I'm still sticking with Queens Park being the dark horses. Haughey will not sit back and let another season of failure fall by the way side.

We need significant reinforcements all over the park before I'd even be touting us for potentially cracking the top 4, never mind winning the league! You're right that we have a few guys who are among the best at what they do in the division, but the lack of depth killed us last year and as it stands I'm expecting more of the same

There have been plenty of guys signing for other sides in the Championship who'd have ticked all the boxes we need filled, so assuming the club has actually been bothering its arse (Davidson said in an interview the other day that he's missed out in a couple of targets) then we obviously can't offer what others are.

It's going to take more than a backup keeper, our only signing so far, for me to get my hopes up.

Edited by Zanetti

1. Partick Thistle 

2. Raith Rovers

3. Livingston

4. Ayr United 

5. Dunfermline 

6. Queen's Park 

7. Morton

8. Falkirk 

9. Airdrie 

10. Hamilton

Wide open at this point still with signings to be made for most clubs (more than 1 would be great Pars...). I think Partick Thistle, Raith & Ayr have all improved their squads with signings from last season already.

I'd be surprised if the top 3 I have in my table don't finish in some combination of those places. But after that I could see the other clubs finishing anywhere, Hamilton probably have the biggest gap to make up but with the championship you never really know. 

1st to 3rd    - dont care

4th              - Raith

5th to last - dont care

We won't be so lucky in getting all those "last ten minute" points and our aging squad will run out of puff / get injured due to our plastic pitch.  The pies will be magnificent.

Partick, Livi, Raith to fight for the title

Anything else below that is anybody's guess. Disappointed that our board have decided not to back McPake this season as there was a really good opportunity there.

Think we could be in a bit of bother without 3-4 good championship signings but everybody is getting snapped up and It doesn't sound like we have the budget to compete. It will be desperate 18 year old loan signings again, who offer 1 good game in 10 and then completely disappear before the season is out.

Got absolutely zero excitement for next season.