Posted (edited)

I assume we’re at home to ICT and Annan, and away to Arbroath and Bonnyrigg. Which I can live with. 

Edited by The Master

The only way this draw could be any duller is if we had Cove Rangers instead of Annan.

Will we even make it until July 13/14? Who knows.

I would genuinely rather play away to Caley than Arbroath, sick to the back teeth of failing to win at Gayfield. Almost certainly at home to Annan which is shite, never been to Galabank so would quite like to go. And the Bonnyrigg novelty has worn off.

At least it shooooould be an easy group.

Posted (edited)

3rd time we have drawn Inverness in the group stage. Both previous meetings shite 1-0 wins at Dens live on the TV. 

Reckon Arbroath away probably makes the TV this time. 

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

Bonnyrigg and Arbroath at home (yawn). Annan and Dundee away (snore). What a dull set of fixtures. Is anyone looking forward to this?

Saturday July 13
Annan Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (3.00pm)
Bonnyrigg Rose v Dundee (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 16
Annan Athletic v Bonnyrigg Rose (7.45pm)
Arbroath v Dundee (7.45pm)

Saturday July 20
Arbroath v Annan Athletic (3.00pm)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Bonnyrigg Rose (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 23         
Dundee v Annan Athletic (7.45pm)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Arbroath (7.45pm)

Saturday July 27
Bonnyrigg Rose v Arbroath (3.00pm)
Dundee v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (3.00pm)

Fucking Annan is right there and yet our away games are the same opening competitive game that we had last season and another trip to Gayfield, which we're already doing a few weeks prior. Just rubbish.

We better skoosh this group.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2024 at 15:39, RiG said:

Bonnyrigg and Arbroath at home (yawn). Annan and Dundee away (snore). What a dull set of fixtures. Is anyone looking forward to this?

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

• 2 weeks later...

While none of our games will be live on TV, all four of Dundee's game will be livestreamed on Premier Sports' streaming service.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/more-matches-on-premier-sports

As far as I could see, no other team in the group will have games streamed aside from the games against Dundee.

Bought travel once the dates were announced so I could cross Annan of the short list of stadiums I've yet to visit. Can't wait to see how dreadful we'll be, given the preparations for the new season. 

Annan are currently 2.9 on most bookies for the win BTW...

3 hours ago, RossP said:

Bought travel once the dates were announced so I could cross Annan of the short list of stadiums I've yet to visit. Can't wait to see how dreadful we'll be, given the preparations for the new season. 

Hopefully you’ve not booked the train via Dumfries.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/service-alterations/buses-replace-trains-between-kilmarnock-and-dumfries-0

19 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Annan fans being so close to the border  must have been in earshot of english screams last night.

Hopefully we don’t hear any screams on Sunday 👂 

On 11/07/2024 at 08:54, RossP said:

Can you field trialists in this? Annan only have 12 outfield players signed according to their website. That excludes Gibson, who I assume will continue to play. Be interesting to see the outcome of this one given the squads. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can you field trialists in this? Annan only have 12 outfield players signed according to their website. That excludes Gibson, who I assume will continue to play. Be interesting to see the outcome of this one given the squads. 

Trialists are not allowed in this competition.