League Cup Group H - Ross County, Raith Rovers, Hamilton, Stirling & Stranraer

We've just done our latest podcast for Saturday's game against Stirling. 

The league cup games don't ever seem to be straight forward in games against 'weaker' opposition. It was only a few years ago where Stirling beat us in a shootout to knock us out. Albion Rovers and Annan last season were both wins which were hard fought. Looking forward to getting back to Forthbank though. 

On 10/07/2024 at 14:56, Clayhole Blue said:

Not sure how many County fans will actually make the trip - particularly with Premier Sports streaming the match - but just to let you know that our Pavilion Bar at Stair Park will be open from 1pm.

I know of a few mates who set off early this morning to get down for the match, I passed this info on to them as I'm sure it'll be appreciated 🍻👍

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Really hope it's an end to end thriller, don't mind even if a draw, just want to hear about skill, chances, goals etc.

No draws. That’s what I love about the League Cup groups straight to penalties.

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

Really hope it's an end to end thriller, don't mind even if a draw, just want to hear about skill, chances, goals etc.

f**k that shit. Get this mob pumped County.

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That team finishes 12th in the Premiership by a mile. Genuinely looks like a mid table championship side. 

For a start, FlapJack isn't starting ahead of Laidlaw in league games, surely?

18 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

For a start, FlapJack isn't starting ahead of Laidlaw in league games, surely?

I'd hope not.

Good start to the game anyway

21 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Looks fairly comfortable. Nice to see White & Brophy scoring. Good start I'd say.

I thought we were pretty poor, didn’t really get going at all.  Brown’s deliveries from right back won us that game.  Jordan White was good.  Brophy wasn’t really in the game but took his goal very well.

Lamie and Hamilton can blame each other for the Stranraer goal, but it was brilliantly taken.  Laidlaw doesn’t concede there though as he wouldn’t have left his line so early.

With goal difference going to matter to get seeded, you’d have thought we would have shown more urgency.  On that performance Raith beat us next week.  But it’s the first showing of the season and it’s all about getting the job done, which they did.

Edited to add:  Stranraer were great, pressed well, kept their shape and showed more urgency than us.

Edited by Loki

Result pretty much what was expected Rovers were a level above Stirling and it showed. First visit to Forthbank and it’s a really nice wee ground which would be ideal for most Part Time clubs. Seemed a poor home crowd but I’ve no idea what they normally have. Young lads down the front corner did their best to get behind their team so fair play although the flare before kick off was a wee bit much 😂. No shocks in the group with both County and Rovers winning comfortably onto Tuesday and best of luck to Stirling in the coming season. 

45 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Result pretty much what was expected Rovers were a level above Stirling and it showed. First visit to Forthbank and it’s a really nice wee ground which would be ideal for most Part Time clubs. Seemed a poor home crowd but I’ve no idea what they normally have. Young lads down the front corner did their best to get behind their team so fair play although the flare before kick off was a wee bit much 😂. No shocks in the group with both County and Rovers winning comfortably onto Tuesday and best of luck to Stirling in the coming season. 

I’d also add their playing surface looked really good. You could tell they were a young side, tried to play football and worked hard. We looked a good couple of levels above though, as to be expected.

33 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Did you miss the bit where they filmed a scene of The Beechgrove Garden?

Haha, aye…I’m ignoring that part. Weird moment everyone just standing around whilst there’s a mound of sand 30 yards away.

Raith a couple of levels above us as you would expect.

Thought we looked reasonably organised considering how much the team had changed.

Ricky waugh showed a wee bit of promise. Could see him being useful at League 2 level. Git a bit if invention about him and very confident.

Harry Wright struggled first half but was marginally better second.

Sula and Denham look an OK partnership. Sula launched a couple of lovely long balls out wide. Could be a useful outlet. Liked both of their comfort on the ball.

Gaston looked solid if a little unwilling to leave his 6 yerd box.

Didn't think Ally Roy did much. Carrick was his usual hard working self but barely saw the  all in the opposition box.

All in all probably about what I expected.

Best free kick I've seen at forthbank in a long while.

Edited by WattersIsGod