League Cup Group H - Ross County, Raith Rovers, Hamilton, Stirling & Stranraer

Really cheap defeat. Just two poor defensive lapses handed County the points, but if we’re being honest then we lacked both physicality and quality up front. Still a gap between the Championship and the Premiership on this showing. Board need to take note of our lack of cutting edge and invest in a striker if we want any ambition of winning the League.

Hopefully, this is the result that wins us the group before out inevitable loss  in the first knock out round to a third tier side away.

(looking at you, alloa)

Edited by Comrie

Wasn't expecting much from today as we are still a few players short but happy enough with the win. Telfer seemed a yard off the pace and Brophy wasn't really in the game. Very even game but I didn't think Laidlaw had too much to do. White missed an absolute sitter of a header from 6 yards out over the bar. 

Looking forward to seeing Hale on Tuesday night since he was suspended today. 

Edited by staggy4life

That was a County back 3 i never want to see again in my life. The game bypassed Telfer to an alarming extent. No width yet again which forces White and Brophy to run about like lunatics to get involved. Apart from that it was rather underwhelming. 

A bit underwhelming all round and I’d agree there isn’t much creativity going on.

On the plus side I thought MacLeod had a few nice touches when he came on and, Samuel, to my surprise, injected a bit of pace and threat too. 

Just back from the game with mixed feelings. The positives, we won, not much more to get excited about. Haven’t seen anything to suggest the new players on show bring much to the squad., Brophy looks fitter than I’ve seen him, but didn’t deliver much more than effort. Telfer isn’t a replacement for Dhanda, like Brophy he put in a lot of effort without much effect.

having said that I thought we were the best team in the first half. Not sure what happened in the second half, seemed to go from us using Harmon and Brown to put crosses into the box to Laidlaw punting long balls over the midfield to little or no effect. It was telling that the winner came from Harmon coming in from the side. Laidlaw’s a reasonable keeper, but he needs to vary his distribution.

we clearly need more quality in the side, let’s hope it comes before the transfer window shuts.

24 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

A bit underwhelming all round and I’d agree there isn’t much creativity going on.

On the plus side I thought MacLeod had a few nice touches when he came on and, Samuel, to my surprise, injected a bit of pace and threat too. 

I watched Macleod at Brora, thought he was a bit lost, nervous even. A big difference today where you could have hope that there’s a good player there. A few nice touches and he was willing to get stuck in when necessary.

I found today entirely frustrating. I thought at times we shifted it fairly well, but the vast majority of our football in the final third was extremely disjointed. To be expected in the second game of the season, in fairness. 

Ricki Lamie didn’t do much to change my initial interpretation that he is slow to turn. That being said, he’s actually fairly quick once he gets going which gives me hope as we’re not exactly a side which plays with the highest line. Loturi needs to learn how to use the A button on his controller quicker. Echo above thoughts about Telfer who looked, I thought, completely lost. Was impressed by both MacLeod and Samuel when they came on though - completely changed the tempo of the game. 

All-in-all I thought we did create more chances and probably deserved to just edge it, but Rovers were decent and I’d expect them to go close again this season.

The stream wasn't very good but I'd assume that is more a Premier Sports issue rather than County. Didn't think much of us in the first half but the 2nd was fairly good. Smith actually looked not bad but we still need someone else up front.

Today was very funny. Some good goals, some shiter goals. some good banter about our kit. our goalie's birthday. wet. very wet.

Just funny all round.

£4 for a pie though is mental. Have a word.

I thought the first half was a bit grim but the second more enjoyable, perhaps because we subbed off our two worst performers in Williamson and Hendrie. 

Thanks to Moonball for posting the highlights. Stranraer may have finished bottom of league last year, sorry to mention that, but the highlights show just how it should be done. Decent quality picture and commentating was fine as well.

Come on all you so called bigger clubs, take a look at how this should be done

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I thought the first half was a bit grim but the second more enjoyable, perhaps because we subbed off our two worst performers in Williamson and Hendrie. 

Williamson shite again, colour me shocked.

Great cross from Brown for the opening goal and a well placed header from White.

Another good cross for Raith's goal. Defending for both goals was very underwhelming. 

20 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Really cheap defeat. Just two poor defensive lapses handed County the points, but if we’re being honest then we lacked both physicality and quality up front. Still a gap between the Championship and the Premiership on this showing. Board need to take note of our lack of cutting edge and invest in a striker if we want any ambition of winning the League.

Stevie May incoming.