LEZ - WHAT YOU THINKING?

19 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

For me, the one in Edinburgh is tiny and will not make a big difference. Traffic will still be too much. I understand vehicle emissions is a problem but the bigger problem is traffic congestion.

...and Edinburgh's traffic policies for the past few years have been all about creating congestion, in the hope that drivers gave up driving in the city.

Largely in favour. If you have a half-decent public transport system, then it's only going to be absolute p***ks that will get fined.

Happy to accept their contributions to the public purse..

Posted (edited)

Tbf if I need to be in Edinburgh City centre for anything, I've always dumped the car at Riccarton and bought a day ticket on the buses. At least it's a decent service and much less hassle

Edited by Spyro

31 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

For me, the one in Edinburgh is tiny and will not make a big difference. Traffic will still be too much. I understand vehicle emissions is a problem but the bigger problem is traffic congestion.

The Dundee one is similar. The LEZ is a tiny part of the city centre, that not many people drive through anyway.

Busier city streets have been left out.

It just seems like a half arsed box ticking exercise.

2 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Dundee one is similar. The LEZ is a tiny part of the city centre, that not many people drive through anyway.

It is half arsed but they think they can make some money but it is going to move the pollution emitters to the other streets so it cannot work..

Just another congestion creating exercise from Edinburgh Council, seems like all they get up to nowadays is fucking up the roads.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Dundee one is where there are narrow streets with high buildings which create air pollution issues where those streets also have the highest footfall of pedestrians.

Dundee was deliberately built this way in the late 19th century to reduce the impact of winds off the river which was fine but now means air circulation in the centre is poorer than in other areas 

The impact is probably less as our great city were miles ahead with city centre pedestrianisation in the 90s anyway.

Edited by invergowrie arab

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Just another congestion creating exercise from Edinburgh Council, seems like all they get up to nowadays is fucking up the roads.

Their actions do create congestion. They want to make it difficult to get from point A to point B.

I am a tradesperson and driving though Edinburgh everyday. I pay a little under £150 a month to park here.  My council tax is lower than that.

7 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Their actions do create congestion. They want to make it difficult to get from point A to point B.

I am a tradesperson and driving though Edinburgh everyday. I pay a little under £150 a month to park here.  My council tax is lower than that.

It's not just city centre to be fair all over Edinburgh they coordinate road works in which they close a main road then either close or put up temporary lights on the most obvious diversions, all whilst not putting up signs saying road closed until you reach the road and not updating Google maps.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

It's not just city centre to be fair all over Edinburgh they coordinate road works in which they close a main road then either close or put up temporary lights on the most obvious diversions, all whilst not putting up signs saying road closed until you reach the road and not updating Google maps.

It's not just Edinburgh that does that, Fife council are experts at it as well. It really winds me up. 

8 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Motorists could simply buy vehicles that comply with the regulations. 

Yep, it doesn't get rid of the congestion though. Edinburgh traffic is at a standstill all over the place. It is really stressful. It is like they are making it difficult on purpose.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Councils are skint and it helps reclaim city centres for pedestrians and make it healthier in the process. The pros vastly outweigh the cons.

John Beattie mentioned this on Radio Scotland. Councils have to raise money for their pensions. 

I demand to drive my polluting 4x4 at 50mph through a city centre especially around schools ,it's just woke nonsense 

And another thing only fools n horses should be played on loop on the beeb