2024/25 - The season where marks are made

17 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I can think of no other team who have consistently lost to zero in almost every match. W&B are exceptionally rotten and offer nothing to any competition they're in, except an influencer of goal difference. Your comparison with Saltcoats holds no water as W&B take up a place in the Scottish Cup despite not having scored a goal in the tournament for 8 years. A quick Google says they have lost 57 goals and scored zero since 2015.

Waste of time and money. Fact!

Won SoS titles in living memory 1992,  2014 & 2015.

Only been since the return from COVID lockdown they've particularly struggled as a last placed side on a regular basis.

No one cares about your small-minded view on Scottish Cup participation. A team finishing 80/80 when there are teams wanting in is far more important.

Maybe if Talbot finally win promotion and stop playing prelims against the smallest clubs in the SFA you will stop whinging about teams like W&B.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Nice sentiment but W&B are an utter waste of time. It's not a one or two season situation so should be euthanised asap.

Where you at the caravan park in Creetown as a lad and got a knock back from a Wigtown lass; cause you certainly have a downer on their footie club.😉

SOSFL League Winners 2013/14 and 2014/15. Top 3 finish 3 other seasons around that period. It's very much a cyclical league in the SOSFL, every club has a few good seasons then some bad.🤔

As for the Big Scottish they qualify because they have an Entry Level Licence; take it up with the SFA it's their rules. Or should they unilaterally just pull out, why would any club do that when it brings in some much needed revenue.

Everyone down here knows the quality of W&B on the pitch. But  following a village team yourself you will be aware that they are much more than just a football club in their wee, out of the way corner over in rural Wigtownshire.

Anyway it's very encouraging you take time out to visit this wee, unimportant, quiet corner of p&b. And here I thought I was talking to myself. 

Very gratifying that followers of an institution such as Talbot take such an active  interest in our happy just to be involved W&B.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Only been since the return after COVID lockdowns they've particularly struggled as a last placed side on the regular basis.

No one cares about your small-minded view on Scottish Cup participation. A team finishing 80/80 when there are teams wanting in far more important.

Maybe if Talbot finally win promotion and stock playing prelims against the smallest clubs in the SFA you will stop whinging about teams like W&B.

Our Champion. (insert knight on the proverbial white charger emoji)

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Only been since the return after COVID lockdowns they've particularly struggled as a last placed side on the regular basis.

No one cares about your small-minded view on Scottish Cup participation. A team finishing 80/80 when there are teams wanting in far more important.

Maybe if Talbot finally win promotion and stock playing prelims against the smallest clubs in the SFA you will stop whinging about teams like W&B.

Again, if this was a slight downturn in their fortunes it would be acceptable. You and AAI quoting results from 9 years ago doesn't really add muscle to your argument.They lose EVERY match, the latest being 14-0 and in the SC they have lost 12-0 at home for the last two years. If Cupar Hearts play properly for 90 minutes later this month then a similar thing will happen. It is an indicative of the way Scottish football is run that it is allowed to continue.

I'm sorry but they are pointless figuratively and they will pointless in the league for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by jimbaxters

Nope, Mark...sorry, but the point has already been made further up the thread. The majority of their current squad have aged out of youth fitba.

Where else are these lads going to play in a huge but sparsely populated area ?

Surely better that they're playing fitba and getting thrashed (and learning from that) than not playing at all.

9 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Nope, Mark...sorry, but the point has already been made further up the thread. The majority of their current squad have aged out of youth fitba.

Where else are these lads going to play in a huge but sparsely populated area ?

Surely better that they're playing fitba and getting thrashed (and learning from that) than not playing at all.

Are there no amateur teams in that region?

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Again, if this was a slight downturn in their fortunes it would be acceptable. You and AAI quoting results from 9 years ago doesn't really add muscle to your argument.They lose EVERY match, the latest being 14-0 and in the SC they have lost 12-0 at home for the last two years. If Cupar Hearts play properly for 90 minutes later this month then a similar thing will happen. It is an indicative of the way Scottish football is run that it is allowed to continue.

I'm sorry but they are pointless figuratively and they will pointless in the league for the foreseeable future. 

There are bigger issues with the pyramid to seethe about other than W&B. 

What do you want them to do resign from the SOSFL and go out of existence. They have represented this small village since 1880 and been members of the SOSFL since the League was reformed after WWII.

Does that count for nothing, really don't get why W&B get so far under your skin. They are having no impact on the machinations of the pyramid and are in effect a bye for their opponents in the Scottish and SRCC. 

Or is it that which annoys you.

Talbot's win at Trammondford last year seemed a galvanising moment for the new squad. So in effect they helped Talbot at a worrying time in the season.

Just now, An Absolute Imposter said:

There are bigger issues with the pyramid to seethe about other than W&B. 

What do you want them to do resign from the SOSFL and go out of existence. They have represented this small village since 1880 and been members of the SOSFL since the League was reformed after WWII.

Does that count for nothing, really don't get why W&B get so far under your skin. They are having no impact on the machinations of the pyramid and are in effect a bye for their opponents in the Scottish and SRCC. 

Or is it that which annoys you.

Talbot's win at Trammondford last year seemed a galvanising moment for the new squad. So in effect they helped Talbot at a worrying time in the season.

Pyramid schmyramid. The only bearing it has on that is the fact that they can remain at Tier 6 and play in the SC year after year. It's nothing personal against anyone involved with the club. 

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Are there no amateur teams in that region?

Why should they go amateur?

They have their own ground, an SFA Licenced ground no less, something a few clubs in the West could do with. 

Maybe focus more on St.Peters, St.Cadocs, Knightswood who play at wherever will take their money.

A football club is much more than putting a bunch of players out on any random pitch on matchday.

As I keep repeating W&B like the other clubs in SOSFL are integral parts of their community. 

There are plenty of clubs around who are more amateur, playing football miles away from their community contributing nothing other than paying over inflated wages.

And breath.

1 minute ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

As I keep repeating W&B like the other clubs in SOSFL are integral parts of their community. 

Sentence 1- because you, as someone who believes in a pyramid, should be able to see that this would be their natural place competitively. 

Sentence 2- what is their attendance if they are so important to the community?

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Pyramid schmyramid. The only bearing it has on that is the fact that they can remain at Tier 6 and play in the SC year after year. It's nothing personal against anyone involved with the club. 

Being at Tier 6 has no bearing on their participation in the Scottish. So other than the 2 games in the Scottish and SRCC, they have no impact on any club outwith the SOSFL. W&B are a well liked and respected club in the SOSFL.

It seems a strange hill to die on, jb. I really don't understand your almost obsession with them.

Being at Tier 6 has no bearing on their participation in the Scottish. So other than the 2 games in the Scottish and SRCC, they have no impact on any club outwith the SOSFL. W&B are a well liked and respected club in the SOSFL.

It seems a strange hill to die on, jb. I really don't understand your almost obsession with them.

Haha. You're easily wound up. I'm really not bothered by them. The bigger annoyance is having the league at Tier 6.

2 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

They have their own ground, an SFA Licenced ground no less, something a few clubs in the West could do with. 

Maybe focus more on St.Peters, St.Cadocs, Knightswood who play at wherever will take their money.

A football club is much more than putting a bunch of players out on any random pitch on matchday.

There are plenty of clubs around who are more amateur, playing football miles away from their community contributing nothing other than paying over inflated wages.

And breath.

You’re 100% correct. Im not sure W&B are being picked on here with such venom ! They have taken to the field as you say with honesty and integrity, and doing the very best they can. Many many clubs big and small in Scotland have cheated, lived beyond their means ( gone bust etc ) and cheated their honest paying supporters ( and still are) on a weekly basis. 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Sentence 1- because you, as someone who believes in a pyramid, should be able to see that this would be their natural place competitively. 

Sentence 2- what is their attendance if they are so important to the community?

Sentence 1 - how many clubs in the pyramid are in their natural place competitively? But as Tier 6 is the lowest place that a SOSFL can go that's it. Same goes for Livingston in EOSFL, and was it Saltcoats Vics in WOSFL. Until the pyramid setup is fully up and running W&B will stay at Tier 6.

Sentence 2 - no idea, not into that kind of self indulgence. What I will say is the combined population of Wigtown and Bladnoch cannot be much more than 1000. So if they get 50 folk turning up that would be 5% of the populas. No idea how that compares to any other club.

2 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Sentence 1 - how many clubs in the pyramid are in their natural place competitively? But as Tier 6 is the lowest place that a SOSFL can go that's it. Same goes for Livingston in EOSFL, and was it Saltcoats Vics in WOSFL. Until the pyramid setup is fully up and running W&B will stay at Tier 6.

Sentence 2 - no idea, not into that kind of self indulgence. What I will say is the combined population of Wigtown and Bladnoch cannot be much more than 1000. So if they get 50 folk turning up that would be 5% of the populas. No idea how that compares to any other club.

Self indulgence?

ETA- I'll leave it now tbh. I had a go at someone else for being a troll yesterday so I don't want to be thought of in the same way. Please be aware that this is just my opinion. Good luck to them, genuinely.

Edited by jimbaxters

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Haha. You're easily wound up. I'm really not bothered by them. The bigger annoyance is having the league at Tier 6.

You know me better than that, only the missus can wind me up.

Blame your old Junior chums for the SOSFL being at tier 6. If only they had not been so arrogant back then, a club like Talbot and some others could be in the SPFL at a reasonably high level.

You know me better than that, only the missus can wind me up.

Blame your old Junior chums for the SOSFL being at tier 6. If only they had not been so arrogant back then, a club like Talbot and some others could be in the SPFL at a reasonably high level.

That would be great!!!!

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Self indulgence?

I wad going to be vulgar and say something relating to the crowd wanking thing that some like to indulge in. 

I don't concern myself with the actual attendance other than enjoying that local people are going there rather than up to Glasgow

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Anyway you've made me miss all the score updates, rabbiting on to you about our fave wee club. 😆😆

It's not my own other favourite wee club (because they bizarrely left the league to join the WoSFL) but taking the attendance per head of population for W&B angle is nuts.

If they are getting a crowd of 55 or 60 from a total local populace of...say...1000 then that surely equates favourably with an urban conurbation club like (for example) Clydebank with a population of circa 46,000 ish...Erm,...A young, clever, person will have to work this out... Should the Bankies be getting three or four thousand per game ?

Naw.

It doesn't work that way for how important your fitba team is to you.