16 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Are St Johnstone really going with Rae as their no. 1 this season? 

Rae and Sinclair apparently getting their chance to show they're worthy in the groups and then they'll see if they want another number 1 or a back up, but either way another keeper will come in.

We've looked poor here apart from Kimpiokas one moment of magic to win the penalty. Not confident at all about playing the other sides tbh.

We really should be better than this! We have the bulk of play and quite happy knocking it about but so far no end product.

Give away two soft goals, one a defensive mix up the other was a definite penalty with Broadfoot grappling his man at the far post.

Not good enough I'm afraid.. 

Three-nil East Fife now, hat trick for the Trout!!!

Same again 2nd half, bulk of play but no end product.

Trouten hits a wonder goal to effectively kill the game off. We get a small glimmer of hope but a poor penalty from Gills see's that evaporate. 

Broadfoot hooked early in the 2nd half and refused to shake Imrie's hand going off. Not sure what he's angry about as he's had a poor game and a poor start to the season.

As I say, just not good enough

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Same again 2nd half, bulk of play but no end product.

Trouten hits a wonder goal to effectively kill the game off. We get a small glimmer of hope but a poor penalty from Gills see's that evaporate. 

Broadfoot hooked early in the 2nd half and refused to shake Imrie's hand going off. Not sure what he's angry about as he's had a poor game and a poor start to the season.

As I say, just not good enough

If he did refuse to shake Imrie's hand  hopefully we have seen the last of him. If that was to be the case I think very few of us would be disappointed. 

Complete clownshow and likely kills our chances of progress. 

If Broadfoot plays a single minute more for this football club we deserve everything we get.

We improved when Sidibeh came on. Goal conceded came after Essel went down injured and everyone stopped waiting on the ball going out of play while Brechin played on.

Next 3 games should be more of a test but Brechin were unfortunate not to equalise before our 2nd so these teams should fancy their chances.

The first time since 2016 that Saints have won their opening section tie in a game played in front of supporters.

So in that regard, you take it, but it most certainly was not impressive against opposition from four tiers below us.

The football is cautious, negative and one-paced. There won't be much patience on show if results are poor.

No excuses for today. We're not as bad as the result would suggest.

Last season Broadfoot started slowly and I just thought he was getting up to speed again with full time football.

But no excuses this time,  he's started the season poorly and must accept that.

Imrie was correct to take him off and he should also accept that. Refusing to shake Imrie s hand was very poor

Great performance  from the team, its amazing what a bit or organisation  can do.

Hats off to our  38.5 year old number 10, i had  no doubt he would tuck  the  penalty away despite Mortons attempts to  put  him  off, like  seriously ? And his third was an  absolute peach .

5 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Can largely be attributed to the shambolic nature of our recruitment strategy. I fear we’ll struggle again, particularly against Morton.

I fear you won’t.

I was looking forward to our trip to Perth. Now in two minds about going if we’re going to play Broadfoot in defence.

40 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I fear you won’t.

I was looking forward to our trip to Perth. Now in two minds about going if we’re going to play Broadfoot in defence.

We'll struggle against you one way or another tbh, way we play creates issues for ourselves. 

Keltjens and Sprangler apparently available when they weren't today, but neither particularly move any needles attacking wise. Would guess Sidibeh starts which does change that, if he's still with us.