3 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

I mean, they had to have something going for them

As a big fan of legionnaires disease I'm also partial to the Time Capsule.

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

As a big fan of legionnaires disease I'm also partial to the Time Capsule.

The real Lanarkshire derby: Time Capsule Vs Hamilton Water Palace. Winner is who can have the highest shite per litre percentage. 

33 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Good transport links for sure in Falkirk, although bizarrely the town with the best transport links in the whole of Scotland is undoubtedly Coatbridge. 6 Stations on 3 lines as well as a ridiculous number of bus lines. 

That'll be for people getting out of the place though. which is fair enough.

Has anyone mentioned Falkirk will be providing everyone else in the league with a massive cash injection this season with our away fans? You're welcome.

25 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

The real Lanarkshire derby: Time Capsule Vs Hamilton Water Palace. Winner is who can have the highest shite per litre percentage. 

None of the above would hold a patch on the original Hamilton Baths- a few yards away from The Water Palace.

The “Big Room” filled with cockroaches where you were put when The Cubicles were full, the aforementioned Cubicles where folk on the opposite Balcony  would peer in and once you were past The Blue Diamond, it was ducking and diving time dodging the “brown torpedoes”.

Not forgetting the wonderful one-armed Swimming Instructor lol.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Arbroath, ICT and Dundee United being replaced by Livingston, Falkirk and Hamilton is shite for those of us who enjoy a train to games and good pubs.

Plenty good Pubs near New Douglas Park  within an 10-15 minute walk and you can partake in Restaurants,Coffee Shops and TK Maxx if you prefer lol.

That McDonalds and Starbucks near the ground are always busy I notice with the non drinking away punters if this season is anything to go by.

So what are the derby day fixtures this season:

Thistle / QP
Airdrie/ Hamilton
Dunfermline / Raith  all seem fairly logical which leaves

Falkirk / Livi
Morton / Ayr?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toby said:

When have you been stuck out in the elements at Cappielow when there hasn’t been a viable alternative?

I can’t remember a time since the away section of the Cowshed was pulled apart in 1999 that away fans haven’t at least had the option of sitting in the main stand, and nor can I remember that section of the main stand being completely filled by the Ayr fans.

I’m not denying that you may well have stood out in the rain, or that the main stand my not be to your liking because of the leg room or facilities, but you’re just making it up when you say you’re being “stuck out” in the elements. You had a choice.

Admittedly with bigger supports like Partick, Dundee United, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in recent years, supply for cover will have out-stripped demand and they’d have legitimate grounds for complaint, but that just isn’t the case with Ayr.

With respect, opening game last season I was told by a steward I couldn't go into the main stand and to stand on the terrace. 

That was my first visit to Cappielow since around 20011 ush when Ayr fans got a corner of the cowsshed

Edited by Peil
Spollnig

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Thistle / QP
Airdrie/ Hamilton

Falkirk / Livi
Morton / Ayr?

Not a true derby as such but Falkirk/ Dunfermline is by far our biggest rivalry.

Livingston? absolutely not, who actually gives a f**k about that abomination of a club.

Both Airdrie and Dunfermline are closer than Livingston anyway.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Arbroath, ICT and Dundee United being replaced by Livingston, Falkirk and Hamilton is shite for those of us who enjoy a train to games and good pubs.

It is a true off season horribilis. At least Cove didn't sneak back up.

3 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Falkirk is massive - we have 5 train stations and good pubs

None of which are anywhere near where football is played. Edit: actually Ochilview isn't far from one of them.

Edited by DiegoDiego

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Thistle / QP
Airdrie/ Hamilton

Falkirk / Livi
Morton / Ayr?

Logic may not play into it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Falkirk/Pars, then Raith matched with Partick, Queens Park with Livi, Morton vs  Ayr and then Airdrie vs Hamilton. It’s not the classic derbys, but you know they’ll dick things up anyway.

Posted (edited)

It should and surely will be Raith v Pars, Livi will be ours as they are fairly near here and I’ve no issue at all with that despite an earlier post above thinking it’s funny for some reason.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not a true derby as such but Falkirk/ Dunfermline is by far our biggest rivalry.

Livingston? absolutely not, who actually gives a f**k about that abomination of a club.

Both Airdrie and Dunfermline are closer than Livingston anyway.

They actually aren’t according to Google Maps, Dunfermline 21 miles and Livingston is 16. Airdrie is closest being only 15 miles.

I couldn’t give a feck about derby day anyway, we get to play everyone 4 times and the way this league is there are no really long away journeys.

9 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Has anyone mentioned Falkirk will be providing everyone else in the league with a massive cash injection this season with our away fans? You're welcome.

Just like when rangers were here, It’s about the only positive of having you lot in this league. 

10 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Falkirk is massive - we have 5 train stations and good pubs

I’m sure your “stadium” is In Grangemouth though? It’s understandable that Falkirk toon don’t even want you lot in Falkirk 

8 hours ago, Peil said:

With respect, opening game last season I was told by a steward I couldn't go into the main stand and to stand on the terrace. 

That was my first visit to Cappielow since around 20011 ush when Ayr fans got a corner of the cowsshed

So you hadn’t been to Cappielow in 13 years, and on the one occasion you did visit you were exposed to the elements- the elements on that August day being sunshine and a light breeze?

And despite other Ayr fans being in the far-from-full away section of the main stand, you were denied entry when fans of other teams that get both sections can moved freely between them?

Come on, with respect, you’re talking nonsense here. There are plenty of sticks to beat Morton and Cappielow with, most of them justified, but you’re just making things up here.

Quite a hill to die on.

6 minutes ago, Toby said:

So you hadn’t been to Cappielow in 13 years, and on the one occasion you did visit you were exposed to the elements- the elements on that August day being sunshine and a light breeze?

And despite other Ayr fans being in the far-from-full away section of the main stand, you were denied entry when fans of other teams that get both sections can moved freely between them?

Come on, with respect, you’re talking nonsense here. There are plenty of sticks to beat Morton and Cappielow with, most of them justified, but you’re just making things up here.

Quite a hill to die on.

it was pissing of rain and I was told I couldn't go in by a guy in high vis