6 minutes ago, Peil said:

it was pissing of rain and I was told I couldn't go in by a guy in high vis

There was a flash shower after the game when we were queuing for our Rangers tickets. Other than that it was a nice day and Morton provided cover for away fans.

You’re just making things up.

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

There was a flash shower after the game when we were queuing for our Rangers tickets. Other than that it was a nice day and Morton provided cover for away fans.

You’re just making things up.

5th August?  Pretty sure it was pishing doon

Just now, Wacky said:

So Ayr build a new stand and folks like @Peildecide they are well placed greet about being caught in the rain at another ground? Poor show IMO. 

tbf, Somerset road end and the railway end have been covered for pretty much my entire life.

1 minute ago, Peil said:

5th August?  Pretty sure it was pishing doon

For about 15 minutes after the game. And of course, while Morton allow away fans to move freely between the stand and the Wee Dublin End, some guy in a hi-vis specifically chose to pick on you, conveniently giving you an argument ten months down the line.

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me.

1 minute ago, Peil said:

tbf, Somerset road end and the railway end have been covered for pretty much my entire life.

Likewise, Morton have provided cover for the Ayr United fans my entire life.

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not a true derby as such but Falkirk/ Dunfermline is by far our biggest rivalry.

What's the definition of a derby? In terms of distance etc. 

We'll play Falkirk and Raith on the Christmas and New Year fixtures, not sure what way around they are. 

14 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

What's the definition of a derby? In terms of distance etc. 

Derby games are between local teams. IMO Pars only have derby games against teams from Fife, and Raith  V Pars is the big Fife derby. 

Just now, Wacky said:

Derby games are between local teams. IMO Pars only have derby games against teams from Fife, and Raith  V Pars is the big Fife derby. 

So is East Fife considered a derby despite it being further away? 

17 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

We'll play Falkirk and Raith on the Christmas and New Year fixtures, not sure what way around they are. 

It’s usually the New Year fixture which the SPFL try to sort into “derbies” where possible. The Christmas fixtures seem to just be totally random fixtures going by recent years; we’ve played the likes of ICT and Arbroath on them for the last few years.

Would guess Fuctifano’s predictions are correct. Falkirk-Livi and Morton-Ayr aren’t derbies or rivalries obviously, but they’re a lot closer in terms of location than we’re often left with after the real derbies have been matched up.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They actually aren’t according to Google Maps, Dunfermline 21 miles and Livingston is 16. Airdrie is closest being only 15 miles.

I couldn’t give a feck about derby day anyway, we get to play everyone 4 times and the way this league is there are no really long away journeys.

It was Google maps that I used!

Airdrie 17.8 miles

Dunfermline 21.1 miles

Livingston 24 miles

Edited by Reggie Perrin

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not a true derby as such but Falkirk/ Dunfermline is by far our biggest rivalry.

Livingston? absolutely not, who actually gives a f**k about that abomination of a club.

Both Airdrie and Dunfermline are closer than Livingston anyway.

4 hours ago, North West said:

Livi are Falkirks derby, 😆 😂 😆 

Deary me.

I can’t believe this needs to be explained but no one is saying Falkirk v Livi is a derby. They go with the obvious picks and then the rest of the teams are matched up because there’s never going to be 5 actual derbies on a single match day. Us v Morton isn’t a derby either but it’s likely what will happen.

34 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Keeping it "in the family" as it were. That's why you love them 🪕

1 hour ago, Toby said:

For about 15 minutes after the game. And of course, while Morton allow away fans to move freely between the stand and the Wee Dublin End, some guy in a hi-vis specifically chose to pick on you, conveniently giving you an argument ten months down the line.

I replied to a post calling the WDE a great place, giving my own opinion.
You're the one sniping away that I dared criticise an open hill of concrete with wee seats nailed on for being a shite state of affairs in 2024.

Us signing Oakley really has rattled the f**k out of you boys 😂

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Deary me.

I can’t believe this needs to be explained but no one is saying Falkirk v Livi is a derby. They go with the obvious picks and then the rest of the teams are matched up because there’s never going to be 5 actual derbies on a single match day. Us v Morton isn’t a derby either but it’s likely what will happen.

Sensitive^^^

Livi maximum points against their derby rival.

6 minutes ago, Peil said:

I replied to a post calling the WDE a great place, giving my own opinion.
You're the one sniping away that I dared criticise an open hill of concrete with wee seats nailed on for being a shite state of affairs in 2024.

Us signing Oakley really has rattled the f**k out of you boys 😂

No, you replied with a fairy story that is completely untrue, based on one visit over a period of 13 years.

You moving the subject onto Aye signing a player we’d have preferred to have kept is mere deflection, but you know that anyway.

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

No, you replied with a fairy story that is completely untrue, based on one visit over a period of 13 years.

You moving the subject onto Aye signing a player we’d have preferred to have kept is mere deflection, but you know that anyway.

nah you're right I made it all up for reasons known only to myself.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Everyone knows it’s always raining in Greenock 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It was Google maps that I used!

Airdrie 17.8 miles

Dunfermline 21.1 miles

Livingston 24 miles

from Livingston Football Club, 44 Alderstone Rd, Livingston EH54 7DN
to Falkirk Stadium, 4 Stadium Way, Falkirk FK2 9EE

16.5 miles via A801