30 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

7 games in, and there's jizz everywhere.

Oh dearie me.

Thank you.

Think it's us who should be thanking you lot.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Thanking you.

59 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

7 games in, and there's jizz everywhere.

Oh dearie me.

Thank you.

Oooft the fact you are even coming onto this thread and taking the bait is FAF, very pleasing. 

You're welcome. 

35 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Think it's us who should be thanking you lot.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Thanking you.

That Big Fanny certainly strikes again, when do these BNB's ever learn? 

39 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Oooft the fact you are even coming onto this thread and taking the bait is FAF, very pleasing. 

You're welcome. 

Irony overload from Butter boy.

Good night and thank you.

5 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Not much to say on United at the minute so....Dundee haven't kept a league clean sheet since 17th of April. Enjoy.

Happy Monday folks 

Can't defend, counting on that headless chicken Simon Murray to grab you the goals, losing your best player after the season started, it's not looking too good for the Dees at the moment.

It's all very amusing after the way their posters were shit stirring before the derby bigging up how great their team supposedly was and how bad we were apparently. 

3 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Can't defend, counting on that headless chicken Simon Murray to grab you the goals, losing your best player after the season started, it's not looking too good for the Dees at the moment.

It's all very amusing after the way their posters were shit stirring before the derby bigging up how great their team supposedly was and how bad we were apparently. 

To be honest my shit was stirred leading up to that derby match given our performances in the lead up, and the swagger displayed by Dundee supporters.

But we shouldn't get too cocky, things can change quicky, looking at the pattern of fixtures, games in January and February look quite tricky. Nonetheless, gritty performances in the league to date give a certain amount of assurance rather than the dread I may have faced if we'd only gained, say, half the points we have actually accrued. Maybe six.

49 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To be honest my shit was stirred leading up to that derby match given our performances in the lead up, and the swagger displayed by Dundee supporters.

But we shouldn't get too cocky, things can change quicky, looking at the pattern of fixtures, games in January and February look quite tricky. Nonetheless, gritty performances in the league to date give a certain amount of assurance rather than the dread I may have faced if we'd only gained, say, half the points we have actually accrued. Maybe six.

I didn't expect us to do as well as we have done so far but still expected us to be competing well with the majority of the teams in this league. 

The overreaction from the Dees on this forum about our form in the league cup prior to the derby was just mental though, all sorts of predictions about them pumping us were getting flung about, now some of them are wanting their manager sacked etc, what a fickle bunch they are. 

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Personally as a United fan (and I'd guess many United fans) being cocky isn't something I'd describe as a trait as we all know as you say things can turn very very quickly.

As Butters said, there was many a dee before a ball was even kicked this season giving it the "this could be a record derby score" and "Dundee's midfield will suffocate us" and "docs class will blow Goodwin away" bare in mind this was all said before the league started. 7 games (very early doors) and we are sitting with double the points they have and they are quite frankly (as it stands) looking like relegation candidates.

No Arab on here is saying we are going to do this and that we are simply enjoying the moment, with caution ofcourse.

The dees could learn alot from that 

I really don't think anyone is getting carried away - there's a recognition, both within and outwith the club, that this has been a good start, but that's all it is. We are seven games into a 38 game season.

The reason for the relative cockiness, as others have said, is that we spent the entire close season being told how this was the best Dundee side in years, none of our players would get into their team, our manager was useless, and we would be lambs to the slaughter on the first day of the season. Sitting on double their points after seven games is nice, but it's all for nothing if we don't sustain it. Every game in this league will be a scrap, but it looks like a scrap we are very much up for. Being organised and hard working will get you quite far in this league.

Before the season started, I was most concerned about our defence, but aside from that 20 minute spell at Rugby Park our defence has been excellent. The lack of creativity and pace in the team is a mild concern, but we're doing enough for now to overcome that.

I think what a lot people overlooked before the season started, United and Dundee fans alike, is the one constant which you can rely on in Scottish football: Dundee are pish. 

Fortunes change for all teams and it's certainly fair to say that United are also pish sometimes. Dundee are always pish though. The zenith of their achievement in the last fifty years is punching at their weight - last season, as the sixth biggest team in the top division, they managed to sneak into sixth place. By a bawhair and then proceeded to get humped for the rest of the season. Sadly, this went to their heads as they proclaimed that they are now "a top six team", failing to recognise the summit for what it was. This season is simply the other side of the mountain as the fleeting glimpse of mediocrity disappears in the rear view mirror.

It was ever thus, probably a coping mechanism, tbf. Can't be easy being a Dee.

I think I'd summarise the season as thus so far based on discussions with my real life Arab pals and Sportscene highlights as thus:

Dundee Utd are a bit of a grim watch but are solid and picking up wins/draws

Dundee are a great watch and are usually better team on the day but are picking up draws and losses.

I'd rather roles were reversed - but I'm not pressing the panic button on us yet. I think over the season there won't be much between the sides - but will hold my hands up and say I did think Utd would struggle - I don't think thats too wild a prediction based on your managers historical performance, the League cup campaign and the unknown quantity of most of your signings.

1 minute ago, Der Panzer said:

I think I'd summarise the season as thus so far based on discussions with my real life Arab pals and Sportscene highlights as thus:

Dundee are a great watch and are usually better team on the day but are picking up draws and losses.

I'd rather roles were reversed - but I'm not pressing the panic button on us yet. I think over the season there won't be much between the sides - but will hold my hands up and say I did think Utd would struggle - I don't think thats too wild a prediction based on your managers historical performance, the League cup campaign and the unknown quantity of most of your signings.

Yass. Never change, Dees.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

It was ever thus, probably a coping mechanism, tbf. Can't be easy being a Dee.

Is pretty mental - just about every other major Scottish club has a good season or two where they finish 3rd or 4th. United. Sheep. Hearts. Hibs. Motherwell. Killie. Johnnies. St Mirren.

Dundee's best in the last 50 years was 5th in 88/89. They haven't finished higher than 5th since the league winning 61/62 season. Three cup finals in 50 years, all lost.

Even a circus club has to win a dice roll now and again?

11 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Is pretty mental - just about every other major Scottish club has a good season or two where they finish 3rd or 4th. United. Sheep. Hearts. Hibs. Motherwell. Killie. Johnnies. St Mirren.

Dundee's best in the last 50 years was 5th in 88/89. They haven't finished higher than 5th since the league winning 61/62 season. Three cup finals in 50 years, all lost.

Even a circus club has to win a dice roll now and again?

1998-99, tbf. Point stands though.

4 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

It's far worse being the team that's a great watch but gets pumped.

You keep thinking it'll click but it almost a certainly won't.

Its better to be a solid shite than watery sitters.