4 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I think I'd summarise the season as thus so far based on discussions with my real life Arab pals and Sportscene highlights as thus:

Dundee Utd are a bit of a grim watch but are solid and picking up wins/draws

Dundee are a great watch and are usually better team on the day but are picking up draws and losses.

I'd rather roles were reversed - but I'm not pressing the panic button on us yet. I think over the season there won't be much between the sides - but will hold my hands up and say I did think Utd would struggle - I don't think thats too wild a prediction based on your managers historical performance, the League cup campaign and the unknown quantity of most of your signings.

You are it again...

"Dundee are a great watch" - they are absolutely nowhere near being that, your are an open team that makes the spectacle more enjoyable for a neutral perhaps. I dont think you can you say Dundee are usually the better team either, from what I see or hear, the games are often pretty even. 

We have had the odd grim watch but we have also played some nice football this season as well as missing a number of great chances which has skewed our goals scored record a bit.

You are being a lot more measured now in your analysis of us but let's no forget the drivel you were posting prior to the derby.

26 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

In modern day football (introduction of Sky early 90s) Dundee must be the biggest under achieving club in the country.

Why so recent? It's 50 years.

In that time they probably sit somewhere not quite as good as Dunfemline but maybe a bit better than Partick.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why so recent? It's 50 years.

In that time they probably sit somewhere not quite as good as Dunfemline but maybe a bit better than Partick.

I was just drawing a line somewhere and the introduction of Sky seemed to be a good start for modern day football 

2 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I was just drawing a line somewhere and the introduction of Sky seemed to be a good start for modern day football 

Modern football started in 1978, everyone knows that. 

3 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

You are it again...

"Dundee are a great watch" - they are absolutely nowhere near being that, your are an open team that makes the spectacle more enjoyable for a neutral perhaps. I dont think you can you say Dundee are usually the better team either, from what I see or hear, the games are often pretty even. 

We have had the odd grim watch but we have also played some nice football this season as well as missing a number of great chances which has skewed our goals scored record a bit.

You are being a lot more measured now in your analysis of us but let's no forget the drivel you were posting prior to the derby.

Incorrect - almost every week pundits are clear that Dundee have often dominated but been unable to convert it into goals/points. Even Aberdeen we had the best of the game but were ultimately defeated. 

Anyway - you probably see as much of us as I do of you - so I can forgive you and move on. 

18 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Incorrect - almost every week pundits are clear that Dundee have often dominated but been unable to convert it into goals/points. Even Aberdeen we had the best of the game but were ultimately defeated. 

Anyway - you probably see as much of us as I do of you - so I can forgive you and move on. 

Okay well i'll just pretend for a moment in what you are saying is somewhat accurate here, you are referring to pundits like Neil McCann and the rest of those muppets working for BBC Scotland? There is very little anaylsis of any games in our league by these guys so will take anything what they say with a pinch of salt.

Dundee seem to be the most naive team in this league, one that can't balance between attack and defence and struggles to hold a lead that has become a worrying trend for a long time now. 

11 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Dundee seem to be the most naive team in this league, one that can't balance between attack and defence and struggles to hold a lead that has become a worrying trend for a long time now. 

I don't find it worrying 😀

1 hour ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Any of you ITK guys know whats happening with Odada? Seems 6th choice for central midfield behind Sibbald, Docherty, Babunski, Sevelj and Holt.

My thoughts are that Sevelj and Holt are here as cover for the defence mainly but due to form and injuries, they have stepped up into midfield at times.

Odada was signed to be one of the CDM/CM options came in later than the others and has looked rusty as f**k whenever he has had minutes in the first and reserve team meaning Goodwin hasnt trusted him to play so far.

Until he gets more of a chance then who knows if he is a dud or not, time will tell

On 08/10/2024 at 22:35, Accent-Unknown said:

All we can do is worry about ourselves. I'll worry about whatever Dundee are doing when they're the team we have to play next.

I cant remember a time when i was worried about Dundee

14 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

My thoughts are that Sevelj and Holt are here as cover for the defence mainly but due to form and injuries, they have stepped up into midfield at times.

Odada was signed to be one of the CDM/CM options came in later than the others and has looked rusty as f**k whenever he has had minutes in the first and reserve team meaning Goodwin hasnt trusted him to play so far.

Until he gets more of a chance then who knows if he is a dud or not, time will tell

I reckon he’s a dud.  How long has he been about now, and hasn’t had a sniff of a game for weeks now.  

Mesack quite probably the same.  Jim has enough credit from his other signings to be forgiven for signing a honker or two. 

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

I reckon he’s a dud.  How long has he been about now, and hasn’t had a sniff of a game for weeks now.  

Mesack quite probably the same.  Jim has enough credit from his other signings to be forgiven for signing a honker or two. 

We are not playing with wingers which is what Meshack is and our central midfield area has been pretty fine so it's really hard to tell at the moment.

I'm sure they'll get chances once we hit a few injuries at some point 

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

The sheer number of signings he has made, they can't all be good. Having said that, it's still early for Mesack and Odada, I wouldn't write them off completely just yet. 

On 08/10/2024 at 13:46, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

just about every other major Scottish club has a good season or two where they finish 3rd or 4th..............

St Mirren.

I know you're trying to make a point, but let's not be silly.

Think with the two mentioned it's really hard to tell what they are like. Not seen either play for the B team or reserves, interesting that neither featured in the reserve league cup yet. 

Might get to see them in action with those fixtures coming up.

Odada is extremely raw but getting called up for Kenya so there must be "something" about him.

Afaik Meshack has had a lot of interest from big clubs recently so again there must be something about him. If we see a change of formation again we'll maybe get an idea of what he's about.

Random question.  Have either of Dalby or Van Der Sande had a chance created for them yet this season?  I genuinely can't remember seeing them shoot yet.

This isn't a negative on those two BTW, more the lack of chances being created.

24 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Random question.  Have either of Dalby or Van Der Sande had a chance created for them yet this season?  I genuinely can't remember seeing them shoot yet.

This isn't a negative on those two BTW, more the lack of chances being created.

Dalby had a 1 on 1 at m'well ,before moult scored, keeper got a foot to it

think vds only chance was when he went round the keeper at coonty and passed it to tamsin

Edited by Beardy23