2 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

When I say ‘we’, I mean all clubs. 

a cap on ticket prices. A 5 year plan, even, to get there. 

it’s ridiculous 

All clubs. Never gonna happen unfortunately.

Until we can sell the Scottish game better to get an increased TV deal/sponsorships then we have no real option that would give scope to reducing the prices.

Unless, as someone said above, cutting down on the expenses from the clubs

I'm getting ready to dive for cover after this but I think the root of the problem in Scotland is too many clubs per capita.

42 clubs in the Scottish League

Theres only around double that in England, a country with around 800% of our population.

Think about that.

If we had the same number of clubs per person that England do, we'd have around 10

If England had the same number of clubs per head they'd have nearly 400

I'm not saying cut down to ten, that's ludicrous. I'm not even saying cut down at all, these teams deserve to exist and have rich heritages and communities. But I am saying there are in theory too many professional teams in Scotland scrapping for too few people to attend their games, and for too few young players to fill their teams

Just a theoretical point - please don't hurt me 😕

The pricing discussion has been going on for years and years now. What's the solution? There's not one.

Folk don't think twice about paying £60-£100 for concerts nowadays.

A couple of hours at the cinema with food and drinks for 2 people would be around £50.

2 games of bowling for a family, with food and drinks is an absolute fortune. 

A decent meal out isn't cheap. Neither is going to the boozer. 

It really is a sign of the times and it ain't changing. 

On the cost of living crisis I keep hearing about, is it REALLY stopping people from doing what they want to do? I'm not seeing it. 

11 minutes ago, Ascal said:

I'm getting ready to dive for cover after this but I think the root of the problem in Scotland is too many clubs per capita.

Theres only around double that in England, a country with around 800% of our population.

Think about that.

If we had the same number of clubs per person that England do, we'd have around 10

I'm not saying cut down to ten, that's ludicrous. I'm not even saying cut down at all, these teams deserve to exist and have rich heritages and communities. But I am saying there are in theory too many professional teams in Scotland scrapping for too few people to attend their games, and for too few young players to fill their teams

Disagree. Going down through the pyramids of both countries, there may well be a similar amount of clubs in ratio terms.

Perhaps you are highlighting the structure, rather than number of clubs.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

24 minutes ago, Ascal said:

Think about that.

Let's start the cull...

Obviously Dundee for the banter. Celtic and Rangers to make the place smell better. Flip a coin and get rid of either County or ICT. Hearts because of all that "it's Uniteds fault we got relegated let's go to court nonsense" Livingston because, no fans and crap pitch.

How many more do you need?

5 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Let's start the cull...

Obviously Dundee for the banter. Celtic and Rangers to make the place smell better. Flip a coin and get rid of either County or ICT. Hearts because of all that "it's Uniteds fault we got relegated let's go to court nonsense" Livingston because, no fans and crap pitch.

How many more do you need?

Merge Dundee and United.  Take the words ‘Dundee’ and ‘Club’ out of the former’s name and ‘United’ and ‘Football’ from the latter to create the name ‘Dundee United Football Club’.

Play the games at Tannadice because it already has the wording on the stadium and keep the colours as Tangerine and Black to minimise costs.

3 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

I appreciate getting a PATG v Season Ticket price structure is a task in itself.

but, as a kick off, don’t be going over £30 for a match ticket, it’s obscene.

it’s way beyond time we do something about this.  

Everyone across the whole of the premiership should be £20 for adults and £5 for kids

1 minute ago, Vicdfc said:

Everyone across the whole of the premiership should be £20 for adults and £5 for kids

Have you ever been involved in running a business?

28 minutes ago, Groot said:

On the cost of living crisis I keep hearing about, is it REALLY stopping people from doing what they want to do? I'm not seeing it. 

You cannot be serious with this? 

You do realise that the price of everything has went up astronomically? 

Most people drink in the house now because going out is too expensive.  

People are choosing to watch games on the telly because we're getting priced out of going to games.

A full shopping trolley of regular everyday goods will cost at least £20/£30 more than it did 2 years ago.

Gas and electricity cost has doubled in price etc etc

18 minutes ago, Groot said:

The pricing discussion has been going on for years and years now. What's the solution? There's not one.

Folk don't think twice about paying £60-£100 for concerts nowadays.

A couple of hours at the cinema with food and drinks for 2 people would be around £50.

2 games of bowling for a family, with food and drinks is an absolute fortune. 

A decent meal out isn't cheap. Neither is going to the boozer. 

It really is a sign of the times and it ain't changing. 

I think people (particularly those with families) are saddling themselves with short and long term debt to keep up these appearances tbh - otherwise I just don’t understand it.

The cost of living crisis is no illusion - my weekly shop is over £300 now and I’ve not really changed f**k all. My first mortgage was £325 a month so it sickens me every time I go shopping haha

7 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I think people (particularly those with families) are saddling themselves with short and long term debt to keep up these appearances tbh - otherwise I just don’t understand it.

The cost of living crisis is no illusion - my weekly shop is over £300 now and I’ve not really changed f**k all. My first mortgage was £325 a month so it sickens me every time I go shopping haha

WTF?

3 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

You cannot be serious with this? 

You do realise that the price of everything has went up astronomically? 

Most people drink in the house now because going out is too expensive.  

People are choosing to watch games on the telly because we're getting priced out of going to games.

A full shopping trolley of regular everyday goods will cost at least £20/£30 more than it did 2 years ago.

Gas and electricity cost has doubled in price etc etc

I used the above examples because I've done every one of these things over the last 3 or 4 months.

The concert, filled to capacity.

The bowling and cinema, extremely busy. 

Every time I go out for a pint or a meal, it's busy. 

"Most people drink in the house now " I would say that's absolute bollocks tbh. 

Yip,of course shopping and energy prices have gone up. Although, energy and petrol etc have steadied. 

I stand by what I said. I'm not seeing much change in folks habits, certainly in my circle anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

£300 a week? Ffs, is your name Pa Broon?

8 minutes ago, Groot said:

Every time I go out for a pint or a meal, it's busy. 

"Most people drink in the house now " I would say that's absolute bollocks tbh. 

The amount of pub closures in Dundee alone would shock you then. 

29 minutes ago, Vicdfc said:

You want us to start charging people we currently let in for free?

19 hours ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Absolutely no chance.

Hibs would have him back in a heartbeat.

Aberdeen would gladly take him to replace Miovski.

Both clubs would wipe the floor with us on the salary front.

I don't think he fits the role Thelin wants from the striker.

14 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Partner and 4 “kids” between us 14-20 - 3 boys. Basically 6 adults.

Even then that's ridiculous.

Do you just buy expensive ready meals?

I'm shook at that. We're half the cost for only 2 less people.

17 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Partner and 4 “kids” between us 14-20 - 3 boys. Basically 6 adults.

That is still one hell of a cost for a weekly shop. 

Not patronising here, but maybe time to do a wee budget planner 🤔