In a game where we're needing to rattle in a good number of goals vs Highland League opposition, Moult has been anonymous.

Taking two goal Trapanovski off for Middleton immediately after Buckie scored is baffling 

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Appreciate there is still a round of fixtures on Saturday but do we still have a chance of qualifying as a runner up?

Falkirk lose and Ayr win by less than 3 goals

Our whole approach to these group games needs looked at. Think the club often asks to have matchday 5 as the one we don't play, in lieu of a decent / interesting friendly.

It reeks of not taking it particularly seriously. And surely if you were aiming to progress through the group stage, the last matchday would be the one you'd least want to have as a blank.

A pretty poor performance overall, scored couple nice goals but defensively all over the place.  Holt, Graham, Sibbald, Fotheringham and Moult particularly poor.  Macedonians look like good footballers but we’ve not got many more.  Need new signings quickly.

That second half was very poor. Couldn't keep hold of the ball for a few passes against a Highland League side.

The group games have at least shown the new signings look good, but I have the fear defensively.

Just now, Zetterlund said:

The group games have at least shown the new signings look good, but I have the fear defensively.

Yeah. Without another few defensive bodies we're in for a long season, no matter what Trap and Babunski do. I'm assuming Goodwin knows this but that he thought Sevelj was the solution at centre half is worrying.

Defensively we weren't great and up front (and by up front I mean Moult) we're looking slow and ponderous.

When I say defensively we weren't great, it's because of the gap between midfield and defence with that formation. It needs a defensive midfielder to sit in front and fill that gap, otherwise teams will love hitting us on the break and exposing the space.

I'm reserving judgement because there's clearly more transfer work to be done. Based on tonight, Watt must be away, and it's been regularly discussed that Grimshaw has been told he's surplus to requirements.

But also based on tonight, I don't think we'll do particularly well this season, although with a steady goalkeeper I wouldn't be too worried about relegation; just 9th/10th place mediocrity.

Would be amazed if Watt is away. Im sure United would let him go if someone paid 40-50% of his wages but naebody would be daft enough to do that. 

If hes away its to train with the kids. 

Over the top we were awful tonight. All 3 CH's were caught and were slow. 

Can't believe the amount of utd fans and Goodwin said that Ayr beating Falkirk last midweek was a result that went in our favour. That was the worst result we could have hoped for 

I Iike the keeper - Walton that is.

But the defence is a mess.

We don't have a RWB.

The midfield is a mess.

Trap seems decent but the other wide options are meh.

And up front, I will always maintain, a good manager makes Watt an asset.

Overall, I'm not purring with optimism.

7 minutes ago, low-life said:

Would be amazed if Watt is away. Im sure United would let him go if someone paid 40-50% of his wages but naebody would be daft enough to do that. 

Golden handshake maybe. It's the United way. 

I'm struggling to be optimistic with the back 3, regardless of personnel, as the memories from last time are still too raw. Jim seems pretty determined though.

I'd feel more confident with something like this:

Walton

Strain/Thomson - Gallagher/A.N. Other - Graham - Ferry

Sevelj - Sibbald

Fotheringham - Babunski - Trapanovski

Moult/A.N. Other

1 minute ago, Gibby82 said:

Golden handshake maybe. It's the United way. 

Yeh possibly. Wont free up wages though so other than getting his attitude away from the club not sure the benefit in that. I'd be more tempted to keep him and try and get something out of him unless we are offered a percentage of his wage to take him but thats unlikely to happen. All in all another shit situation that only Tony really benefits from.