2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Name them.

I’m not going to name any posters who have, in my opinion, previously made light of poverty.  If they don’t have the self awareness to know who they are I doubt they will reconsider their comments in the future.

37 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I think you're missing the point here

30 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

And what point is that 

I think you may have missed the dynamics of poverty and the fact when in poverty it’s arguably more necessary to have something to look forward to, even if it is just something every second week (i.e. a season ticket).  Not that my opinion is of any great importance but I think a supporter of any club struggling financially yet still determined to make as many games as they can is more admirable than someone paying what would effectively be a fraction of their annual dividends, let alone total income, attending every home and away game of the season.  

You may wish to consider some reading material from the Joseph Rowantree Foundation.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not going to name any posters who have, in my opinion, previously made light of poverty.  If they don’t have the self awareness to know who they are I doubt they will reconsider their comments in the future.

I think you may have missed the dynamics of poverty and the fact when in poverty it’s arguably more necessary to have something to look forward to, even if it is just something every second week (i.e. a season ticket).  Not that my opinion is of any great importance but I think a supporter of any club struggling financially yet still determined to make as many games as they can is more admirable than someone paying what would effectively be a fraction of their annual dividends, let alone total income, attending every home and away game of the season.  

You may wish to consider some reading material from the Joseph Rowantree Foundation.

Okay but it still doesn't dispute the fact that it's a lot more affordable to buy a one off match ticket rather than a season ticket, 34 quid is hardly breaking the bank here if you have the means to pay for a season ticket. 

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

Okay but it still doesn't dispute the fact that it's a lot more affordable to buy a one off match ticket rather than a season ticket, 34 quid is hardly breaking the bank here if you have the means to pay for a season ticket. 

Again, I think you’ve missed the point.  Unfortunately I don’t think I can explain it any better.   It may be entirely due to me not explaining it well enough so I will simply leave it at that.  

21 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

£34 might not be breaking the bank to you. But going by your comments, you have clearly never experienced poverty. Some people budget for their season tickets every year, and this can sometimes be their only vice, giving up on other entertainment to supplement their season ticket. When folk budget for this, there's very little movement for an extra £24 - £34 a week for away games.

The Dundee end will be sold out, by people that can clearly afford it. I can afford it, but I am choosing not to go as I am not willing to spend £70+ for me and my kids to watch a stand alone Scottish football game, the price is just ridiculous imo. Fair enough for those willing to pay, but for me the line has been crossed on price to value.

Edited by johnnydun

39 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Can season tickets not be paid up? I may be wrong. Anyway, the game will sell out. Settle doon everyone. Enjoy a pint before and after the game with our tangerines brethren and hopefully smash them during the 90 (plus VAR) mins. 

Ta

56 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Again, I think you’ve missed the point.  Unfortunately I don’t think I can explain it any better.   It may be entirely due to me not explaining it well enough so I will simply leave it at that.  

Yeah I'm not getting what you're trying to debate here to be honest as It's straightforward. 

You don't need to read a book to know that you either have money or you don't to attend football games. If you have enough money to purchase all of Dundee's home games then I'm sure the same folk can afford a match ticket for 34 quid. If you're living in genuine poverty you wouldnt be buying a season ticket, you would find cheaper activities to do or choose the odd match to go to... 

Anyway...

Was there ever any news about Allan Campbell? That was a name linked with us early on and then it all went quiet. He's still at Luton but they seem pretty clear that he's welcome to leave

@FifeArab?

31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotMattydfc said:

Made a new account just to say you're a fucking tit and I'll see you at Tip Top 1pm Sunday.  

I take it you are one of the season ticket holders that are in 'poverty'? 

3 minutes ago, Ascal said:

Anyway...

Was there ever any news about Allan Campbell? That was a name linked with us early on and then it all went quiet. He's still at Luton but they seem pretty clear that he's welcome to leave

@FifeArab?

Can't see us going for another central midfielder now, we've plenty of options to fill 2 spaces imo. I'd be going for a pacey right winger and striker, right wing back and possibly another centre back 

In summary - we have oversold the tickets it seems by simultaneously selling tickets online and in store resulting in the same seats being bought on 2 different platforms. 

#BoxOfficeNumbers

#IncompetentTicketStaff

7 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Fucking hell what a shite excuse that is. 

Shite excuse really ? They will sell out as soon as they go on general sale , remind me how many did you sell for the DOON derby ? Was the United end a sell sell out ? I know Hoolie was there 

Edited by Wee jeemie

2 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Shite excuse really ? They will sell out as soon as they go on general sale , remind me how many did you sell for the DOON derby ? Was the United end a sell sell out ? I know Hoolie was there 

Is that you Vicdfc 😂😂

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

You need a season ticket to get a ticket for this derby match.

36 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

In summary - we have oversold the tickets it seems by simultaneously selling tickets online and in store resulting in the same seats being bought on 2 different platforms. 

#BoxOfficeNumbers

#IncompetentTicketStaff

17,000 crowd at Tannadice, decent 

38 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

#BoxOfficeNumbers

#IncompetentTicketStaff

I recall being at a Scotland v England match where 3-4000 forgeries gained access, resulting in a crowd well in excess of the expected 134,000. Surely Tannadice can cope with this slight oversight by the Dens club?

And at least this might put a different complexion on this thread.