29 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

In this B-team cup, can you play a couple of 1st teamers?

there’s a few that really need the minutes 

"7.6 A Colt Team shall be permitted, but not obliged, to Play a maximum of two Over Age eligible Players/players in any Match."

I'm not sure if the same rules for Colt teams in the Highland/Lowland league count, but there an overage player (effectively someone over 21) becomes ineligible after playing or being on the bench for 5 senior games.

Either way by my interpretation nothing would stop us naming a couple new guys/folk coming back from injury/Watt or Grimshaw in the squad 

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

"7.6 A Colt Team shall be permitted, but not obliged, to Play a maximum of two Over Age eligible Players/players in any Match."

I'm not sure if the same rules for Colt teams in the Highland/Lowland league count, but there an overage player (effectively someone over 21) becomes ineligible after playing or being on the bench for 5 senior games.

Either way by my interpretation nothing would stop us naming a couple new guys/folk coming back from injury/Watt or Grimshaw in the squad 

I’m basically thinking Odada could do with 60/70 mins 

2 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I’m basically thinking Odada could do with 60/70 mins 

Yeah 100 percent, he didn't look match fit at all in the game against Luton. I think the derby will come too soon for him, certainly can't risk him in such a big game IMO, fans will be on his back from day one if he isn't ready so I can see Seve playing in that CDM role for the time being until he is up to speed.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That signifies that you're correct with your post.

I’ve just looked up a ‘meaning of emojis’ site and I don’t think you’re being truthful with me.

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

I'd play Stirton in any B team game 

Striton is only 17 its a while before his eligibility is an issue.

I'd agree with Odada getting some game time, he seems the right kind of player but hes a long way off the pace, don't think anyone is questioning that.

Other than making a point - possibly trying a little constructive dismissal - I don't see much benefit in playing Watt which seems to be on the cards. The idea is maybe put him in a position where he refuses to play and considers a move elsewhere in a different light (I've heard Patrick made an enquiry but not sure how seriously to take that) but in terms of getting a squad ready for league action it seems a wasted spot.

13 minutes ago, Ascal said:

Striton is only 17 its a while before his eligibility is an issue.

I'd agree with Odada getting some game time, he seems the right kind of player but hes a long way off the pace, don't think anyone is questioning that.

Other than making a point - possibly trying a little constructive dismissal - I don't see much benefit in playing Watt which seems to be on the cards. The idea is maybe put him in a position where he refuses to play and considers a move elsewhere in a different light (I've heard Patrick made an enquiry but not sure how seriously to take that) but in terms of getting a squad ready for league action it seems a wasted spot.

Too early to say on Stirton as he's still a kid  but from what I've seen of him in the youths, I can't see him making it at this level unfortunately, hasn't quite got the technical ability. Forbes looks an exciting prospect though, has done really well in the youths, the one to watch IMO. 

I was told by a club informer that Watt was told to go play with the B team but refused to do so. I think it'll be best for all parties if he moves to somewhere else for the season. 

17 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Someone writing off an 18 year old last week, this week it's a 17 year old. Tough crowd.

Not writing him off at all, just making an observation from watching plenty of him in the youths, hope to be proved wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Someone writing off an 18 year old last week, this week it's a 17 year old. Tough crowd.

By the end of the year we hope to be able to write players off at conception and save a fortune in scouting and academy costs.

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Too early to say on Stirton as he's still a kid  but from what I've seen of him in the youths, I can't see him making it at this level unfortunately, hasn't quite got the technical ability. 

Knew you'd get reprimanded for having an opinion 🙄

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

By the end of the year we hope to be able to write players off at conception and save a fortune in scouting and academy costs.

The U-5s are all tiny and can barely kick the ball 10 yards.

Fucking disgrace

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Too early to say on Stirton as he's still a kid  but from what I've seen of him in the youths, I can't see him making it at this level unfortunately, hasn't quite got the technical ability. Forbes looks an exciting prospect though, has done really well in the youths, the one to watch IMO. 

I was told by a club informer that Watt was told to go play with the B team but refused to do so. I think it'll be best for all parties if he moves to somewhere else for the season. 

Stirton is being assessed by several English clubs. 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve just looked up a ‘meaning of emojis’ site and I don’t think you’re being truthful with me.

Two old b*st*rds debating emojis. What would we have been like if we’d had the internet before being in our 40s?

2 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Unless it specifically says in his contract that he’s not obliged to do that then I’d imagine it gives the club grounds to void the contract.

Not sure the club would want to get dragged into a, potentially, messy legal battle but it could open the door to a termination which avoids us having to pay his full salary.

Also the fact he’s been given that instruction suggests he’s definitely on his way out.  Good news imo.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Two old b*st*rds debating emojis. What would we have been like if we’d had the internet before being in our 40s?

Not sure, but one of these days I’m definitely ditching dial up and getting broadband.

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re obviously not very tech savvy.  You might find this video helpful.

I’ve never seen that before. Brilliant.