8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Didn't see that anywhere. I was told by English club academy informers.

Assuming they're looking at all sorts of youth players in Scotland these days. Southampton are looking at Mcleod for example who hasn't really set the world alight (so far anyway) 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Unless it specifically says in his contract that he’s not obliged to do that then I’d imagine it gives the club grounds to void the contract.

Not sure the club would want to get dragged into a, potentially, messy legal battle but it could open the door to a termination which avoids us having to pay his full salary.

Also the fact he’s been given that instruction suggests he’s definitely on his way out.  Good news imo.

Players are very protected these days. 

fully believe if he didn’t turn up for a B game there should be punishment and would love to let him leave with no pay off but I feel like nothing would happen. 

I think United need to either loan him and take the hit on wages or pay him what he’s due. 

27 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Players are very protected these days. 

fully believe if he didn’t turn up for a B game there should be punishment and would love to let him leave with no pay off but I feel like nothing would happen. 

I think United need to either loan him and take the hit on wages or pay him what he’s due. 

Besides the fact that Arabs seem to feel he's downed tools, how much is Watt actually on p/w realistically?

Is it that bad?

4-5k p/w is usually the quoted figure. He's easily the highest paid player with the club permanently (Walton is probably on a lot more but we wont be paying it)

7 minutes ago, Ascal said:

4-5k p/w is usually the quoted figure. He's easily the highest paid player with the club permanently (Walton is probably on a lot more but we wont be paying it)

I doubt we are fully paying all of Watt's wages directly either 

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've heard various figures for Watt.

Decent basic with a silly goal bonus was the one I trusted the most.

I'd assume 3.5/4k a week would be a reasonable guess.

Bargain for us then

3 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Bargain for us then

I'd expect it to cover assists as well, so that's 24 G/A in 43 games last year in all comps. Imagine it's a safe bet that it will drop a bit this year :-I

Crazy thing looking back is he led the SPL scoring charts the day we signed him

Also a side note - further point in favour of naming Babunski captain: hes probably the only guy there who can communicate with everyone...

“The boys have been great and really welcoming," Odada noted. "I feel like part of the group already because there are three Balkan guys – two from North Macedonia (Kristijan Trapanovski, David Babunski) and one from Croatia (Vicko Sevelj) – here already. After my experience in Serbia, we speak the same language. I learned it when I was over there.”

5 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

what's murray on for the next 3 year?

Genuinely don’t know. If he’s also on that sort of money then it’s equally mental. Hell be on a good wage no doubt, but surely not 3.5k/4k per week?

5 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Genuinely don’t know. If he’s also on that sort of money then it’s equally mental. Hell be on a good wage no doubt, but surely not 3.5k/4k per week?

I believe watt is on 4/5k a week. 

Murray was set to earn double his wages at Hibs but they didn’t pay the money. He will be sitting at around 3k at Dundee. 

10 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

It's bad enough if a player actually earns that amount, by banging in the goals, but to have a chancer thats 'downed tools' still collecting it, is a total disaster. IMO.

50 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Incredible to think that someone wouldn't be giving everything they could on that dosh.

Must be a very immature 30 yo.

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

Murray was set to earn double his wages at Hibs but they didn’t pay the money. He will be sitting at around 3k at Dundee. 

Maybe, maybe not. Who actually knows. 

Regardless, Murray gives absolutely everything every game. Guy doesn’t stop running. 

Edited by Liam899