I know there's been a lot of talk of Watt's future at United, as in he's out of the picture, but is there a possibility that he's in that team tonight to work on his fitness? 

There's little point in him being listed otherwise, to my mind, unless Goodwin is being bloody minded. Certainly, he can be ruthless, but that's a different quality, and generally he appears to be a decent man manager.

Watt most likely isn't going anywhere, perhaps Goodwin sees him as potential back up if he can get himself into better shape. 

Perhaps it's a punishment. Neil McCann ordered Scott Bain to play for our B team as a 'punishment' for not pulling his weight. Might be a similar thing here.

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I know there's been a lot of talk of Watt's future at United, as in he's out of the picture, but is there a possibility that he's in that team tonight to work on his fitness? 

There's little point in him being listed otherwise, to my mind, unless Goodwin is being bloody minded. Certainly, he can be ruthless, but that's a different quality, and generally he appears to be a decent man manager.

Watt most likely isn't going anywhere, perhaps Goodwin sees him as potential back up if he can get himself into better shape. 

I don’t think it’s bloody mindedness, more a clear message that Watt can work with the club on leaving/going on loan or he can play at that level throughout the season.

With regards Watt, he does look unfit. He did look like he had turned the corner last season. He looked much more like a team player, he just looked unfit in League Cup.

Interesting again is Jim's comments about the style he is trying to implement..

“It only takes one individual to be lazy and the whole thing falls apart,” continued Goodwin.

If that is a dig at Watt then he'll have to work so hard to get back in. Hopefully for Watt's sake this is just about getting fit, but it isn't looking good for him.

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

This 

I think if all goes well the best thing for Moult and the club is he's primarily an impact player. Remember old-school Gary McSwegan? Bringing on a penalty box predator with 15-20 minutes to go against a defence battered by Olofson (VDS) and tired out chasing Winters (Trap)? 

In games where we maybe want to have more of a go have Kai upfront as well and a 2 man midfield but for now have him off the bench

Comparing VDS to Olofsson and Trap to Robbie Winters based on nothing more than league cup games against diddies and a pre season warm up game for Luton is the wildest take I’ve seen of the many on the hype train for the DABs new signings.

Next you’ll be telling me Babunski is Charlie Miller or Stuart Armstrong. 

12 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Comparing VDS to Olofsson and Trap to Robbie Winters based on nothing more than league cup games against diddies and a pre season warm up game for Luton is the wildest take I’ve seen of the many on the hype train for the DABs new signings.

There's a Funster thread bud 👍 

The obsession is unreal

21 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Are you guys not plotting a European tour off the back of beating 3 part time teams and a basket club in ICT?

Do people really believe we’ll go play a different formation to the one we’ve been learning and playing the whole of preseason? 

Line up will be a 3-4-3

Walton,

Thomson, Sevelj, Gallagher, Graham, Ferry

Sibbald, Bubanksi 

Fotheringham, Moult, Trapanovski 

Can’t see any of the new younger ones starting, possibly Forbes for Fotheringham but I can’t see Harding getting thrown into such a big game and there’s no chance Odada or Docherty will start. Combined game time of 45 mins between the 2 of them so far this season.