Hello boys. We are back. It is GTF day.

Queen of the South fans will be delighted to have ICT down with them so they can relinquish their well earned "most embarrassing full time club" title earned over the last few years.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

When did they cease to exist? I played for Rancel back in the early 80s and winning the cup at Gayfield was a highlight. Never really thought much about the name at the time but looking back it is a fucking atrocious name and idea.

Arbroath was a very different place back then though re football. Pretty much everyone supported the OF or Dundee United. Barely any kids went to Gayfield then.

Anyway - not expecting much this coming season and would be delighted with a drama free mid table finish.

I’m not sure. I also played for them. But it is now all Arbroath CSC - so the Arbroath community sports club. Incidentally I think that’s down to the Arbroath FC community trust. Arbroath FC now work with every single other sports team and club in the town. 

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Queen of the South fans will be delighted to have ICT down with them so they can relinquish their well earned "most embarrassing full time club" title earned over the last few years.

IMG_2651.jpeg.d0517fc2c0f8de896fbfbb5aaf8ab061.jpeg

Airdrie fans will be delighted to welcome far right extremists to their matches. 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

IMG_2651.jpeg.d0517fc2c0f8de896fbfbb5aaf8ab061.jpeg

Airdrie fans will be delighted to welcome far right extremists to their matches. 

Glad you finally managed to get that out, got the notification you had posted it a couple of minutes ago, but it disappeared and then reappeared. As comebacks go it would have been better on the disappeared pile frankly. 😬

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

When I was in Montrose a few weeks ago, I saw someone wearing an Arbroath strip 😳 appears the new fans you’ve gained have even extended to up the road!

Interesting take but utterly unlikely i.m.o.

5 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Glad you finally managed to get that out, got the notification you had posted it a couple of minutes ago, but it disappeared and then reappeared. As comebacks go it would have been better on the disappeared pile frankly. 😬

Which one are you? The specky baldy at the back? 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

Which one are you? The specky baldy at the back? 

Another for the "should have stayed disappeared" posts pile from yourself. 7th in L1 level patter, which is appropriate given, well, y'know...

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Another for the "should have stayed disappeared" posts pile from yourself. 7th in L1 level patter, which is appropriate given, well, y'know...

And yet Airdrieonians remain an even smaller and more irrelevant club than Queens. Hard luck 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m not sure. I also played for them. But it is now all Arbroath CSC - so the Arbroath community sports club. Incidentally I think that’s down to the Arbroath FC community trust. Arbroath FC now work with every single other sports team and club in the town. 

Interesting. No Arbroath Lads or St Murdoch’s, either then?

57 minutes ago, matthew_ said:

Hello folks, League one looks shite, but happy to be here..

I can mind Falkirk sharing similar sentiments in 2019.

Other than the "happy to be here" part, of course.

30 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Interesting. No Arbroath Lads or St Murdoch’s, either then?

I don’t think so. Maybe Arbroath Lads Club at certain ages. I think the teams are now along the lines of Arbroath CSC panthers and Arbroath CSC pumas and shit like that. Arbroath Harp have a youth team now also sponsored by Arbroath main sponsor MegaTech which is our former player George Rowes company. But every single club, even cricket and other sports etc are all part of the Arbroath FC and Community Trust umbrella including every school. Arbroath FC big into every single primary and both secondary schools in the town now. 

On Rancel I genuinely didn’t even click as to what the name meant until I was a bit older. Glad that’s been fucked off it was a terrible name. 

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Will be nice to have some much needed competition for that coveted title tbf ...

It's good to be back. Looking forward to the Arbroath lads having a slow realisation they've got a diddy in charge over the course of the season, the Montrose lads chucking even more money at a play off failure and The Caley having a banter year(s). I'm sure there will be more hilarious events, probably including my club, for us all to enjoy.