Tranent 24/25

58 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Broque away to EK. Assuming a fair few new signings incoming pretty imminently.

Really surprised by this, I wouldn’t imagine he is a significant upgrade for them.

Edited by To B or not B

40 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Really surprised by this, I wouldn’t imagine he is a significant upgrade for them.

Most likely a weaken a rival team move. EK are stacked in midfield. Has to be a few leavers imo. McGowan was out for most of the season but EK play fairly narrow at times unless John Robertson is cutting inside from the right wing. Don't think Marc Kelly really worked there, before moving to Dumbarton, so bringing in Broque will be interesting. Maybe him on the left and Flanagan on the right. But as I say, depends who departs. A fair few names that haven't been announced as staying on for next season.

1 minute ago, RampantFM said:

Most likely a weaken a rival team move. EK are stacked in midfield. Has to be a few leavers imo. McGowan was out for most of the season but EK play fairly narrow at times unless John Robertson is cutting inside from the right wing. Don't think Marc Kelly really worked there, before moving to Dumbarton, so bringing in Broque will be interesting. Maybe him on the left and Flanagan on the right. But as I say, depends who departs. A fair few names that haven't been announced as staying on for next season.

All fair points, I just don’t think he will improve them overall. In saying all of that, I could be completely wrong about him….it certainly wouldn’t be the first time 😂😂😂

19 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Broque away to EK. Assuming a fair few new signings incoming pretty imminently.

Adam McGowan supposedly coming your way in part exchange for Watson

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Adam McGowan supposedly coming your way in part exchange for Watson

Odd switch from an EK angle. Watched them both at Tranent and inclined to say we've ended up with the better player.

39 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Odd switch from an EK angle. Watched them both at Tranent and inclined to say we've ended up with the better player.

Totally agree. Watson is a strange signing 

5 minutes ago, beachboy said:

McGowan plus cash for the transfer to be agreed, good business for the club.

You’ve won a watch there, a classic case of EK spending money for the sake of it, and just because they can.

The club haven't messed about getting reinforcements in. Listening to Matty Thomson's podcast interview, him and Yano seem to have a pretty clear idea of the profile of player they want to come in.

3 hours ago, half wit said:

Ben Stirling,  ex Hibs youth and Jake Hutchins was on Hearts books , a Londoner by the look of it have both signed. 🇱🇻

I'm assuming that's the same Ben Stirling who played for Hamilton & Edinburgh City as well? If so then, on the couple of occasions that I saw him, he should be a really positive signing for Tranent and will do well in the Lowland League.

32 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm assuming that's the same Ben Stirling who played for Hamilton & Edinburgh City as well? If so then, on the couple of occasions that I saw him, he should be a really positive signing for Tranent and will do well in the Lowland League.

That's the one. Is he a centre half?

10 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

The club haven't messed about getting reinforcements in. Listening to Matty Thomson's podcast interview, him and Yano seem to have a pretty clear idea of the profile of player they want to come in.

Good squad for Robbie when he takes over !