Tranent 24/25

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Have to say it looks like Tranent are splashing the cash to challenge EK. Mick will be forced to sign another dozen players now.

Five or six first team regulars have left in the last couple of weeks to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, half wit said:

Away to East Kilbride in the 2nd round of South Challenge Cup 14th September.  Nice easy tie this 😬

In what feels like about the 27th time we'll have played them in the past year

28 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

St Rochs v Tranent in the Junior Cup 

We are at home to Gretna that day, so don't know how we will manage that.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Is Cammy Ross injured for Saturday? Know he went off in the Talbot game a couple of weeks back and don't think he played at Dunbar in the last game.

Yes, Cammy out for a few weeks with a wee knock, should be back soon though.

Posted (edited)

The proper business starts tomorrow then. What we reckoning about the season ahead? Know we've lost a few solid players in the Summer but we seem to have recruited well. Across the pitch on paper (minus injuries) the squad probably looks better covered than it's been for a while. Hoping we can at least have a crack at the top end of the league and stay close to whoever's in the mix. Tomorrow's a tough trip but hopefully can get 3 points on the board to kick off. Our away form last year, in the league, was pretty on the ball for the most part. It's our home form that needs sorting out this campaign IMO.

Edited by Omnishambles

Frustrating 2 points ultimately dropped from a winnable position. Gonna be points dropped in this league though and it's probably a fair result on the day. Bauldy MOTM for me. Barely put a foot wrong and scored a corker to boot.

14 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Frustrating 2 points ultimately dropped from a winnable position. Gonna be points dropped in this league though and it's probably a fair result on the day. Bauldy MOTM for me. Barely put a foot wrong and scored a corker to boot.

Tbf, it was a cracking strike.

We had a few missing as did Tranent I assume as no Dean Bet 😉 but it was an entertaining game tho don’t think anything can be taken as to how the season will go from here.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Tbf, it was a cracking strike.

We had a few missing as did Tranent I assume as no Dean Bet 😉 but it was an entertaining game tho don’t think anything can be taken as to how the season will go from here.

I'd agree there. Neither side looked their sharpest across the park.

On 26/07/2024 at 14:46, Omnishambles said:

The proper business starts tomorrow then. What we reckoning about the season ahead? Know we've lost a few solid players in the Summer but we seem to have recruited well. Across the pitch on paper (minus injuries) the squad probably looks better covered than it's been for a while. Hoping we can at least have a crack at the top end of the league and stay close to whoever's in the mix. Tomorrow's a tough trip but hopefully can get 3 points on the board to kick off. Our away form last year, in the league, was pretty on the ball for the most part. It's our home form that needs sorting out this campaign IMO.

Off to a blinder regarding that last sentence 🙃

55 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Off to a blinder regarding that last sentence 🙃

Particularly since (I don’t think) Tranent haven’t won a home match so far this season at home - beaten by Pollok & drawing with Bonnyrigg in friendlies and now today’s league defeat by Berwick, I wonder when/if the new twitter guy will stop using the word ‘Fortress’ & #FortressT, when publicising a home match! Things like that can be embarrassing if not backed up!