Tranent 24/25

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Robbie Horne incoming !

By all accounts, there will be points dropped all over the shop this season. Only team not to drop any outwith the B teams in the first fortnight is Berwick. The issue in the first two games is the fine margins. We really should've come away with 4 points from last week and yesterday but only have 1 in the bag as a result of switching off/losing the head at crunch moments. I don't think that's a tactical issue from Yano or personnel issue quality-wise with the players we've got in the park either; rather just sharpness. There's a lot of new blood in the side and we've still got Cammy Ross to come back too. Don't think we've any need to hit the panic button yet.

4 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

By all accounts, there will be points dropped all over the shop this season. Only team not to drop any outwith the B teams in the first fortnight is Berwick. The issue in the first two games is the fine margins. We really should've come away with 4 points from last week and yesterday but only have 1 in the bag as a result of switching off/losing the head at crunch moments. I don't think that's a tactical issue from Yano or personnel issue quality-wise with the players we've got in the park either; rather just sharpness. There's a lot of new blood in the side and we've still got Cammy Ross to come back too. Don't think we've any need to hit the panic button yet.

Cammy Ross might not be back   Not in Tranent colours anyway !

With Robbie Horne kicking his heels you did wonder if someone would be quick to pull the trigger since they'd be able to get him in. Can't imagine all his ex Bonnyrigg boys rocking up will do his chances any harm either.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Ian Little leaves as manager.  Major shock...

Performances in the league have been stop-start for ages, really, so it's not too surprising. What I don't get is if you're 2 poor performances at the start of the season away from losing your job and your replacement-to-be has spent the Summer available, then why on Earth was the change not made before the season got up and running?

6 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Performances in the league have been stop-start for ages, really, so it's not too surprising. What I don't get is if you're 2 poor performances at the start of the season away from losing your job and your replacement-to-be has spent the Summer available, then why on Earth was the change not made before the season got up and running?

Interestingly enough, there were a number of Tranent’s own support, who were giving their misgivings over the announcement. 

8 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Interestingly enough, there were a number of Tranent’s own support, who were giving their misgivings over the announcement. 

Last 18 league games - P: 18  W: 6  L: 9  D:3  21/54 points, two home wins during 2024, hardly an inspired run of form.

What’s the feeling amongst Tranent fans around Bonnyrigg signing so many of your players?? Feels like we’re taking the mick taking so many, of which I assume, are your best players?

In all fairness, Ross Gray, Conor Doan and Johnny Stewart should do a good job for you (especially Rosco, he should light up the Division) ….. but hopefully we’re not damaging the good relationship between the clubs.

10 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

What’s the feeling amongst Tranent fans around Bonnyrigg signing so many of your players?? Feels like we’re taking the mick taking so many, of which I assume, are your best players?

In all fairness, Ross Gray, Conor Doan and Johnny Stewart should do a good job for you (especially Rosco, he should light up the Division) ….. but hopefully we’re not damaging the good relationship between the clubs.

Saw them dismantle Kilwinning back in the spring and Scotty Gray was outstanding. That’s fitba - ICT and Ross County swapped players for years while they were only a division apart and it helped develop the careers of players like Don Cowie. It was also good for players at the end of their days.

38 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

Personally, I can't really begrudge guys like Cammy, Skip and Kieran the chance to move up to League 2. As has been said, a fair few have come in the door our way that should do a job for us in the Lowland League too. It'll take these new arrivals a bit of time to bed in, but I think if all the talk is to be believed and Robbie Horn gets the job in the next few days then we're not only getting a manager with experience of winning this league but also one that's already worked with half the squad he's inheriting.

1 hour ago, Broonaldo said:

No one at Tranent wanted any of them to leave but when they say, and in one case demand to leave the club, it's difficult to deny them the opportunity to play in the SFL.

All Tranent have done is make sure the value of each player was met before the transfers were completed.

Signing players in the opposite direction was completed at the end of last season when all players mentioned from Bonnyrigg were free agents.