Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇫🇮 Finland

21 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

Would anyone like a ticket for this? Bought the 5 match package but can't make this one. Would rather someone got the use of it. Will transfer over the Hampden ticket app.

Yes please 

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I read people saying that Dykes will be one of the two players from the provisional squad that won't travel but Dykes will need to be replaced with another striker so that would still mean we're looking at Kelly and Union Jack not making it..

I'll be down on Friday night but not expecting much from the game...the way things are going, a successful night will be negotiating it without further injuries to our depleted squad.

I'm likely in a minority of one but I would play my wildcard and take Simon Murray.

I keep reading this about Jack, but I can't see it, he's a player that (when fit) Clarke has traditionally liked and backed. I think Jack is ok, not as good as others in the squad, however a number of years ago he did form a good partnership with McGregor in the middle of the park and I think Clarke still hangs onto that. I think others will be dropped before him. As for Simon Murray, he's my kind of striker, forces errors and finishes chances, someone that has always done that throughout his years and should have probably been involved in squads before now. I see him as that Anya sort of player, that's just a pest. I don't know if taking him to the Euros is the place to giving him his chance, but I certainly hope he gets it at some point.

As for Friday's game, auch, it's just very much meh for me. I'll go as I always do, but I don't get too up nor down with friendlies and apart from the Spain game, the atmosphere and "the Hampden Roar" has long left the stadium...certainly from my seats in the South Stand, but I hope it's a positive performance and a good night, but we will see.

16 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Quick Q.  

Where’s the best place to park for Hampden these days?

Depends on how early you go. The side streets off Aikenhead road normally the best bet for me. The later you are better going down the next side street.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I keep reading this about Jack, but I can't see it, he's a player that (when fit) Clarke has traditionally liked and backed. I think Jack is ok, not as good as others in the squad, however a number of years ago he did form a good partnership with McGregor in the middle of the park and I think Clarke still hangs onto that. I think others will be dropped before him.

You keep reading it about Jack from bitter Aberdeen fans and blinkered Celtic fans.

Adams

McGinn.  McTominay

McGregor       Gilmour.  

Robertson.                           McCrorie 

Tierney   Hanley.  Porteous

Gordon 

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You keep reading it about Jack from bitter Aberdeen fans and blinkered Celtic fans.

We got the best years from Jack and then he moved onto the phoenix club, where he suddenly started getting picked for Scotland.

The fact is his best days are behind him and he's en route to Rugby Park to be with Delboy 

I don't think taking an injury ravaged Jack to Germany strengthens the squad.

If I thought it did then I just wouldn't say anything about the rat.

I think Jack could play an important role tbh. When he's fit (and I know this is the issue) he's a great player. Clarke clearly agrees and tho he probably won't start games, I think he'll come on as sub and play his part.

Ryan Jack is a very good player for specific tactics.  Not a starting midfielder in the majority of games but 100% a midfielder that we will need if we need to protect a result. We need to start thinking tournament football, not just the match in front of us. Wouldn’t be against him starting against Germany. 

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

We got the best years from Jack and then he moved onto the phoenix club, where he suddenly started getting picked for Scotland.

The fact is his best days are behind him and he's en route to Rugby Park to be with Delboy 

I don't think taking an injury ravaged Jack to Germany strengthens the squad.

If I thought it did then I just wouldn't say anything about the rat.

I would say that his best years probably involved helping his national team qualify for a major tournament and then playing in a European final, but that's purely one man's opinion.

Could we please all be grown up and keep club allegiances out of the Tartan Army. Thanks.

Ryan Jack Is really the only ball winning central midfield Scotland have, with maybe the exception of McCrorie and Barron.

It's a position we haven't filled since Scott Brown.

Its an issue. It pretty much adds to the reason we play with a back three and a double pivot in front of them.

For this game I’d be looking to play the team that I’d start against Germany, injuries permitting

Gunn

Hendry-Hanley-Tierney

Ralston-McTominay-McGregor-Robertson

Christie-McGinn

Adams

Would like to see Souttar, Taylor, Conway and Armstrong feature off the bench because they’d be the only outfielders left who’ve not played yet in this camp.  Also McKenna and Jack should get more of a run out off the bench than they got on Monday as they only got 13 and 17 minutes respectively. If you bring those 6 on for the last half hour you can wrap Hendry, Tierney, Robertson, McGregor, McGinn and Adams in cotton wool. 

Is it? He has never played there before, his use of the ball isn't nearly good enough, I don't think I've ever seen him cross, and you'd also lose one of your starting centre-backs from the defence.