Just How Bad Could It Get ?

With current form suggesting that Scotland may be on course for an unwelcome piece of Euro history against Germany by suffering the heaviest defeat in the tournaments history, the simple question is....just how bad could it get.  ? I am, of course, desperately trying to invoking a reverse Argentina '78 scenario ...

Don’t see us getting scudded, if anything, this being Germany, more likely to be 1-1 but they win with a 90 min deflected shot that was going wide until it hit someone’s arse and rolled in. Get out of jail for the tournament hosts, brave Scots, late heartache for battling Scotland… that sort of thing. 

Until about last Autumn I was counting on us being on a roll, Germany being in the doldrums a bit, combined with their traditional slow start to tournaments, making for a GAUN SCOTLAND!!! attitude towards the opening game.

Now I have The Fear.

A touch of the 78 world cup for me. Heading in with so much optimism but then disaster. Of course our expectations are less now but beginning to worry it may become something we want to forget very quickly

1 minute ago, Plymouth Par said:

A touch of the 78 world cup for me. Heading in with so much optimism but then disaster. Of course our expectations are less now but beginning to worry it may become something we want to forget very quickly

Doesn't seem much optimism about from where I'm looking

50 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

With current form suggesting that Scotland may be on course for an unwelcome piece of Euro history against Germany by suffering the heaviest defeat in the tournaments history, the simple question is....just how bad could it get.  ? I am, of course, desperately trying to invoking a reverse Argentina '78 scenario ...

What is the record defeat for a team in the Euros?

36 minutes ago, Plymouth Par said:

That's why I'm trying to invoke a feeling of impending disaster in the hope that turns into the most memorable tournament in our history.

I keep having visions of Germany's 7-1 hammering of Brazil at the WC. I enjoyed it at the time, especially as they were weaing Rob Roy jerseys, but supposing the new generation decide to start off with a similar performance? And in Scottish fitba race memory become The New Peru?

Just now, KirkieRR said:

I keep having visions of Germany's 7-1 hammering of Brazil at the WC. I enjoyed it at the time, especially as they were weaing Rob Roy jerseys, but supposing the new generation decide to start off with a similar performance? And in Scottish fitba race memory become The New Peru?

Pretty sure you could pull 11 punters out the crowd who'd defend more sensibly  than Brazil did that night