Linlithgow Rose 2024/25

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Impressed and going by the highlights it looked an enjoyable game and some goalmouth scrambles coming off the bar etc...

More impressive for me was the post match interview. Very good communicator the boy and spoke a lot of sense. Professional looking outfit there at Linlithgow.

It was a great game.

Incredible save by Binnie at 3.41. Match could have been 3v3. Linlithgow probably edged it tho. 

Easily my Fav away ground, terracing / pitch etc ! Great social club - welcomed with open arms. And magic pubs on the main street. 

and the steak and haggis pie ! 10/10. 

On 29/08/2024 at 08:21, bobbydazzler said:

looking forward to my trip to Prestonfield this weekend. Hopefully the Donner Pies are still on the menu.

More of a salad man myself but don't think the Rose do donner pies.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

More of a salad man myself but don't think the Rose do donner pies.

I’m pretty sure they did on our last visit. Although after the result we had my memory could be a bit hazy.

4 hours ago, aidan-bufc said:

I’m pretty sure they did on our last visit. Although after the result we had my memory could be a bit hazy.

They did when we were there last season. Had a good range of options and decent pricing too. Looks like the sun will be out again as well.

Edited by PELE

Good win last night over a 'Shire side who grew into the game and caused a few nervous moments at the end of the game. To me they are better than their league position would suggest and will probably pick up points now after their tricky start to the season. 

We had loads of chances and for me, bossed the first half. If it wasn't for their 'keeper (who had a great game) and us being a bit more clinical it could have been very comfortable at half time. Second half they grew more into it but we were still able to create chances.

We're still struggling to get defensive stability though due to the number of changes enforced by injury /availability.

Edited by Black Dug

On 01/09/2024 at 18:23, GordonS said:

Home v Lossiemouth in the first round of the Scottish Cup. Saturday 28 September at 3pm unless it gets picked for TV, which it won't. 

Did I read, see or hear that Lossiemouth had dumped Talbot out the SJC??  I may have dreamt it or been under alcohol influence right enough....

2 minutes ago, Specky said:

Did I read, see or hear that Lossiemouth had dumped Talbot out the SJC??  I may have dreamt it or been under alcohol influence right enough....

It's madder than that. The Lossiemouth we're playing is the Highland League club. Talbot got beat by the NRSJFA Championship (tier 8 ) club Lossiemouth United, who are very considerably weaker. It's the most surprising result I've ever seen in the Junior Cup.