When are you leaving?

6 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Heading out on Sunday morning to Dusseldorf and there for a week. Booked last year and unfortunately the fixtures went against us a little as fly back on day of Hungary game! 

Flying from Edinburgh? We head out on Sunday as well for a week. 

Booked it before the draw was made, with the logic we would not be playing the first game! 

3 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Friday just after lunchtime for me, also going to Germany game but its at 9pm so loads of time. I thought I had gone with plenty time but almost everyone else going on Thursday.

Edit - does anyone know what time opening ceremony starts? Would like to see that 

Oooft, seriously? Have you never suffered a flight delay?

Scotland's biggest match in over 25 years, you've spent presumably a decent amount on a ticket and you're catching a flight 6 or 7 hours before kick off? 😲 Good luck to you, not a chance I'd risk that. I'll always fly at least 24 hours ahead of the game in case of plane problems.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oooft, seriously? Have you never suffered a flight delay?

Scotland's biggest match in over 25 years, you've spent presumably a decent amount on a ticket and you're catching a flight 6 or 7 hours before kick off? 😲 Good luck to you, not a chance I'd risk that. I'll always fly at least 24 hours ahead of the game in case of plane problems.

Compo face incoming!

Going to a finals tournament looked so much fun when I was a kid.

Then France 98 came around: I was at university, me and a pal made a drunken decision to hitch it to Bordeaux for the Norway game. In the morning, I wrote it off as a bonkers idea, and promised myself that I'd go next time instead (as it was clearly just 2-4 years away). My pal went anyway and had an absolute blast. I've always regretted staying at home.

Fast forward twenty-fkn-six years and I guess I'm honouring that promise to myself. There's not many things that you can say you wanted to do as a teenager that you finally get to in your mid/late 40s. And what's more all my mid/late 40s pals that I've been going to Scotland games with for years get to experience their first proper tournament as well. 

Family commitments mean two games is the maximum for me, but on the plane on Tuesday (Edinburgh to Brussels, then a train to Cologne) and really can not wait. It has been a long, long time in coming.

Something quite fitting about the first game I'm going to being in Cologne as well, as it's where I stayed 21 years ago during my first Scotland away trip: a 2-1 defeat to Germany in Dortmund best known for Christian Dailly's post match comments.

58 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else can’t sleep? :lol: 

I've had general sleeping problems on and off for years, it doesn't take much to wreck it. A bit of work pressure hasn't helped lately but what I'm admitting to no-one is that a big part of the cause is thinking about the football and the trip. Last night I watched one video after another on the Scotland National Team YouTube channel for hours.

Heading out today. A mixture of excitement and fear at the moment in the way that only Scotland fans can experience. Buzzing but experience tells us we probably shouldn't get too excited. 

First away trip for my two kids, desperate for it to live up to all the excitement for them! 

Edited by Beckford

8 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Flying from Edinburgh? We head out on Sunday as well for a week. 

Booked it before the draw was made, with the logic we would not be playing the first game! 

My mates are but I'm going from London

Edinburgh-Dusseldorf tomorrow evening 

2 weeks there

Trips out to Köln and Stuttgart on game days

The rest make it up as we go along

Still praying tickets come through for the Hungary match

Other than that fanzones and whatever else falls in place

Leave tomorrow morning for 12 days.

Edinburgh to Zurich via London City, and then a train from Zurich to Nuremberg where we're basing ourselves for the duration. 

10am train from Nuremberg to Munich on Friday morning to get the party properly started! Cannae wait!

Eurostar from London - paris this morning. Now on train to stuttgart before heading to Munich to see Acdc tonight. On that note... have a spare ticket if anyone fancies it. Fv is 150 euros but i'll sell at 100 

1 hour ago, Tartan Dave said:

Eurostar from London - paris this morning. Now on train to stuttgart before heading to Munich to see Acdc tonight. On that note... have a spare ticket if anyone fancies it. Fv is 150 euros but i'll sell at 100 

I’ll let McCoist know.