Germany - Scotland

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Can it?

Which of the 3 middle German goals (a phrase I'd rather not need to use) was the goalkeeper at fault for?

The penalty. His inability to deal with the header and pushing it tamely back into his 6 yard box caused that whole situation.

24 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Just seen another replay of the Porteous tackle for the pen/red.  Don't really know what he was thinking, you can see in his face he is almost looking as if he wants to leave something on Gundogan while making the tackle.

We've been saying it for years with him. I don't think even he knows half the time

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you don't understand the difference there then you're beyond hope.

Germany have one of the greatest playmakers in footballing history in their midfield, and two generational talents out wide.

We have Tony Ralston, Ryan Porteous and Jack Hendry, trying to stop them.

Folk who are absolutely raging about this result need to take a deep breath and realise that sometimes you come up against a far better side, get it wrong, and get ridden raw, and that doesn't mean you just throw everything in the bin because its clearly not working.

Hickey, Gilmour, Dykes, we maybe see more of a fight but ultimately we just aren't good enough. The next two games need to be better and should be better, and if not then you start asking questions.

This is a German side who've beaten France twice in the past 12 months, and who scored 4 against Portugal in the last Euros, and folk are talking them down.

No. We're closer to Germany than Gibraltar are to us.

They did more to stifle us than us to Germany. We were utterly awful tonight. The worst Scottish display I can remember in a while.

Greece, who I believe are below us, almost beat them.

As to yon playmaker, who decided it was a good idea to give him acres of space FFS?

An absolutely disgusting performance and no "happy to be there" " Germany are good" can detract from that.

I have watched football for 40 years and can count on one hand how many spineless shit the bed performances I have seen like that..

The consolation goal keeps us in the group and we still contrive to sit off and invite a 5th.

Players should be ashamed as the gulf in quality on the night is nowhere near the gulf in quality at the levels some of these players play at. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you don't understand the difference there then you're beyond hope.

Germany have one of the greatest playmakers in footballing history in their midfield, and two generational talents out wide.

We have Tony Ralston, Ryan Porteous and Jack Hendry, trying to stop them.

Folk who are absolutely raging about this result need to take a deep breath and realise that sometimes you come up against a far better side, get it wrong, and get ridden raw, and that doesn't mean you just throw everything in the bin because its clearly not working.

Hickey, Gilmour, Dykes, we maybe see more of a fight but ultimately we just aren't good enough. The next two games need to be better and should be better, and if not then you start asking questions.

This is a German side who've beaten France twice in the past 12 months, and who scored 4 against Portugal in the last Euros, and folk are talking them down.

Who’s the greatest playmaker in footballing history and who are the “generational” talents?

Germany clearly have more talent than Scotland but to suggest we couldn’t have been more sensible in our approach tonight is utter bullshit. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Players should be ashamed as the gulf in quality on the night is nowhere near the gulf in quality at the levels some of these players play at. 

Have you had a few? 

2 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

No. We're closer to Germany than Gibraltar are to us.

They did more to stifle us than us to Germany. We were utterly awful tonight. The worst Scottish display I can remember in a while.

Greece, who I believe are below us, almost beat them.

As to yon playmaker, who decided it was a good idea to give him acres of space FFS?

Yes but Musiala/Wirtz/Kroos/Gundongan/Kimmich/Havertz breaking sides down is going to be more effective than McTominay/McGinn/Christie/Dykes etc.

Your players don't become magically more creative because they're playing worse sides. The German players are playing against low blocks and defensive lines week in, week out, at club level. It's natural for them.

Kroos got too much space but it doesn't matter if you do. Dortmund tried and he still strolling it and dominated the game, you just had a man less to win the ball back as he'd taken them out with his movement. Some players are just too good at finding space, and so good the make it look easy, and there's not a lot you can do. Pirlo was the same.

7 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I’m not sure about this. I’d say we made a few above average German players look like superstars . 

What few of those players would you only class as above average btw?

Edited by PB1994

1 minute ago, Judy Murray said:

Who’s the greatest playmaker in footballing history and who are the “generational” talents?

Kroos. Gundongan will also go down as memorable in the history of CMs.

Wirtz and Musiala. If you don't think they're two of the best young players on the planet then I dunno what to say.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Kroos. Gundongan will also go down as memorable in the history of CMs.

Wirtz and Musiala. If you don't think they're two of the best young players on the planet then I dunno what to say.

lol

Toni Kroos is shite and always has been. I genuinely can’t believe he’s ever played international football.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I look forward to Hungary with Serie B, EFL Championship players absolutely stifling the Germany midfield and getting a 1-1 draw.

Yeah but what about their gEnErAtIOnAl TaLeNtS

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What few of those players would you only class as above average btw?

I mean above average players in an international tournament context. No way does Musiala get to stroll about the 6 yard box unmarked against an organised decent defence.