Germany - Scotland

Old Bing

Obviously a very poor result. Having said that, the general vibe on here and the wider public was we needed Germany not to be on it. They were on it and they're a lot better than us. There's a gap between the top tier European nations and the rest of us. 

4 points from the next two games is still pretty feasible IMO. 

Edited by yoda

Just now, RudiSkacel51 said:

Zander has 15 clean sheets in scottish premiership this season, and had an outstanding season for Hearts, how many did Gunn have in the English championship?

I geniunely think there is an argument for Clarke to be in.

Yip, I don't like Gunn at all!

If we're looking for positives to take into the next game, I'd say we didn't lose our heads in the second half, which could easily have happened. McLean and Gilmour dug in and showed for the ball.

The main positive for me though is that Porteous will be suspended.

19 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I expected us to lose to Germany. But I expected us to play with a bit of pride and to raise our game and reflect the occasion.

And I didn't expect to ship five.

So where do we go from here? This tournament could potentially be another Argentina 78, but without the Holland win.

But if we do get the Holland win we will have qualified.

1 minute ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Zander has 15 clean sheets in scottish premiership this season, and had an outstanding season for Hearts, how many did Gunn have in the English championship?

There’s definitely an argument there but Clarke won’t don’t it for the simple fact that Gunn’s Scotland career would be killed instantly, never mind just his tournament. 

I was already a bit down on fitba: the Rob Roy relegated, Inverness relegated and in meltdown - now this.

Ladies and gentlemen of Scotland, hear me: superstition is TRUE. Bad things come in threes.

2 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

The worst team in the English Championship is better than at least half the teams in the Premiership.

I hate that this is true, but it is.

Just now, Kadouken_ said:

There’s definitely an argument there but Clarke won’t don’t it for the simple fact that Gunn’s Scotland career would be killed instantly, never mind just his tournament. 

I'm not seeing a negative tbh.

1 minute ago, SomersetBairn said:

Porteous should never be in a Scotland strip again. That tackle was absolutely shocking, though not surprising from him. Fud.

And yet I'd still have him ahead of Grant Hanley, who again looked a complete liability when he came on - guess that highlights the paltry options available to us in that area.

Deserved post mortem aside, one thing is absolutely true. This is tournament football and there are still 6 points on offer. But how you get this squads chins up after that, I do not know. Some very hard decisions and conversations need had.