The Home Guard

I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I've never had a hankering to go to away games, so I'm not jealous of my pals who are there. I'm also, for some reason, a massive introvert when I go to games, so the idea of being in a pub filled with Scotland fans isn't my idea of a great time (pre-match anyway). 

Anyway. It'll be Ma Cameron's or Malone's for me. I think the friendlies have affected my enthusiasm tbh. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

That's a quality tune!

A massively under-rated song and by far the best of the tournament songs we ever released (Ok, 'I have a Dream' is fun, but it's shit never the less). I still listen to Don't Come Home Too Soon quite often. It's on my YouTube playlist.

Feck it, I'll be at work for the next five hours or so but it's about time to crank up the Scottish tunes on a Playlist and start setting the mood.

I'm actually gutted now not to be in Munich tonight. Being in Amsterdam and Faro the last two months has really re-ignited the away game passion in me after a 20 year gap. Can't wait till next Friday to set off for Stuttgart. Please Scotland just stay in the tournament long enough for it to properly matter...................🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙂

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Feck it, I'll be at work for the next five hours or so but it's about time to crank up the Scottish tunes on a Playlist and start setting the mood.

I'm actually gutted now not to be in Munich tonight. Being in Amsterdam and Faro the last two months has really re-ignited the away game passion in me after a 20 year gap. Can't wait till next Friday to set off for Stuttgart. Please Scotland just stay in the tournament long enough for it to properly matter...................🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙂

Stick this on your playlist. On first listening, yes, it’s not great but the more you listen to it the more “layers” you realise it has. I believe Beethoven was initially unappreciated….

21 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Stick this on your playlist. On first listening, yes, it’s not great but the more you listen to it the more “layers” you realise it has. I believe Beethoven was initially unappreciated….

Nope. It's 41 seconds and I still didn't get to the end of it...................

Another home buddy. Never really entertained going as I wouldn't have got a ticket through matchday attendance.

I'm actually quite buzzing for this but still undecided about home or pub for this. 

I should make an effort really and being 1 minute from Byres Road I am not short on hostelries.

Whatever you do and wherever you go, have a guid ane hame buddies 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

9 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Another home buddy. Never really entertained going as I wouldn't have got a ticket through matchday attendance.

I'm actually quite buzzing for this but still undecided about home or pub for this. 

I should make an effort really and being 1 minute from Byres Road I am not short on hostelries.

Whatever you do and wherever you go, have a guid ane hame buddies 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You too. And remember if you can’t be good, be careful, if you can’t be careful, don’t get caught.

I'm fortunate enough to be on holiday in Spain at the moment so can watch all group games in the sports bar across the road from me , get pissed no matter the outcome as no work for a fortnight 🍺🍺🍷🍷😁😁

Mon Scotland 

Edited by Kelheart

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I've never had a hankering to go to away games, so I'm not jealous of my pals who are there. I'm also, for some reason, a massive introvert when I go to games, so the idea of being in a pub filled with Scotland fans isn't my idea of a great time (pre-match anyway). 

Anyway. It'll be Ma Cameron's or Malone's for me. I think the friendlies have affected my enthusiasm tbh. 

A lifetime of watching the Jags can do strange things to people...

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I always hum and haw about where to watch around Byres Road. Tennent's probably my favourite but is always packed for big games. I hate Curlers and The Rock is a last resort for me. The Record Factory is probably my next preferred option or maybe Gallus. Heading the other way along GWR, at one point I quite liked The Crafty Pig and their wee booths but no idea what the set up is there or even what it is called now. Cooper's I place firmly in The Rock camp.....

Edited by Pocketman

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

If I were in Glasgow, it would be Tennents, Byres  Rd for me. Is it a ticketed event in the pubs?

As it is , Hame'll hiv tae daeme since our local cafe closes at 9 and doesn't even stay open for France games. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You should've stuck in at school...