Guests in the Junior Cup

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Looks like the opening round fixtures have been sorted (always going to be the easiest), those in bold likely to go through.

Sauchie v Dunipace in the league playing the following midweek to free up 7th September for the Junior Cup.

Armadale, Inverkeithing (with Beith out the Scottish Cup), Livingston, Pumpherston and West Calder playing 31st August which was free anyway.

Camelon hosting Scone on Wednesday 18th September solves their clash.

I thought the EOS said that they wouldn’t move fixtures for the Junior Cup?

4 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I thought the EOS said that they wouldn’t move fixtures for the Junior Cup?

Only league fixture moved was Sauchie v Dunipace (which I'm sure has always been ok to do as clubs can move games if both clubs agree?), the rest were not yet scheduled to play on 31st August anyway.

Also I missed Bathgate playing Kilsyth Athletic on the original 21st September date as they were idle.

• 2 weeks later...

Armadale, Livi Utd, Pumpherston, and West Calder into the third round (last 64) while Inverkeithing lose to Beith.

Next round is 19th October, where Armadale and Pumphy have a free week, West Calder are playing fellow participants Bathgate, so far only Livingston need to avoid a league fixture clash...

Fixture website guy not happy that the EOS don't list the Junior Cup games though.

Edited by Ginaro

Does seem to be a particular tizzy they have. SJFA have their website and social media. The clubs the same. Then for casuals there are plenty of sites like theirs that offer up all the fixtures. The site doesn't seem to carry Fife Cup games or friendlies. Why should they do extra leg work and distract from promoting EoSFL/EoSFA fixtures by showcasing an alternative.

Soon they can start complaining about the Lowland League website. Since they don't seem to have any of the regional FA cups listed.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Had a look at the SJFA website to see scores/fixtures in junior Cup... and something caught my eye, so naturally, I went to Wiki!

So we have just had some 2nd Round ties. There are soon to be some more 2nd Round Ties. But in between them is a 1st round tie to be played. But the 1st round only has one tie... and the winners go.to the 3rd round!! Which makes it a glorified 2nd round tie. Which essentially means the 2nd round is the 1st round.

Other than a full week long bender there must be some explanation for this.... but it looks a totally different level of baffling!

9 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Had a look at the SJFA website to see scores/fixtures in junior Cup... and something caught my eye, so naturally, I went to Wiki!

So we have just had some 2nd Round ties. There are soon to be some more 2nd Round Ties. But in between them is a 1st round tie to be played. But the 1st round only has one tie... and the winners go.to the 3rd round!! Which makes it a glorified 2nd round tie. Which essentially means the 2nd round is the 1st round.

Other than a full week long bender there must be some explanation for this.... but it looks a totally different level of baffling!

Teams in the Scottish Cup are entitled to a bye from the 1st Round. It was a way of meeting that requirement, while not complicating the draw. Plenty of discussion about it at the time the draw was made.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Teams in the Scottish Cup are entitled to a bye from the 1st Round. It was a way of meeting that requirement, while not complicating the draw. Plenty of discussion about it at the time the draw was made.

Ahhh can see what they've tried to do... the one year they get perfect numbers, is the year they didn't!

Didn't really pay much attention when draw happened... so I'm likely slow to the party on this one.

7 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Ahhh can see what they've tried to do... the one year they get perfect numbers, is the year they didn't!

Didn't really pay much attention when draw happened... so I'm likely slow to the party on this one.

The SJFA have been making it up as they go season to season.

Their rulebook seems to exclude Lowland League teams. Can only be a member if in the WoSFL, EoSFL, North Region, East Region. Can only be a guest from one of the Tier 6 leagues.

Yet they accepted the Lowland teams because they wanted them.

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA have been making it up as they go season to season.

Their rulebook seems to exclude Lowland League teams. Can only be a member if in the WoSFL, EoSFL, North Region, East Region. Can only be a guest from one of the Tier 6 leagues.

Yet they accepted the Lowland teams because they wanted them.

It certainly seems like it! Desperate times to try and keep a once excellent tournament relevant when the best days of it are very much behind us. 

38 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

It certainly seems like it! Desperate times to try and keep a once excellent tournament relevant when the best days of it are very much behind us. 

Admit this is called Juniors, however all the “juniors “ are now in the pyramids, so this competition should be left to the Amateurs. Any sane person would agree there are enough cups for the EoSFL,WoSFL and SoSFL.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

should probably rename this thread “guests out the junior cup”

Hope the split gate at Letham, minus the SJFA's match cut and associated fees with a midweek away trip to play Sauchie in the league was worth the hassle... 

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Hope the split gate at Letham, minus the SJFA's match cut and associated fees with a midweek away trip to play Sauchie in the league was worth the hassle... 

Gotta speculate to accumulate.

SJFA are making it up as they go along. Right now though, a guest has to become a member to continue after their first season. I wonder how many will take it up again? As I could see things being a bit more rigid next season. Fixture lists were only so late because of the Euros. Which seemed to allow the SJFA to drag out applications and lay claim to dates on the calendar.