Germany v Scotland

Been saying this for decades, Scotland, internationally, will almost always be on the back food, certainly not 70% possession. Bigot brothers players just cannot play defensively, so don’t fukking play them.

Almost all coast in every domestic game and haven’t a clue how to play on the back foot.

Oh, and Porteous, just GTF you doss c**t!

9 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Ok, Mr. Phone number, tell me where I’m wrong.

Tierney played for Celtic and came through their academy and he can play defensively.

On the bright side, the Scotland fans were a credit to themselves and the country.

People will call them "happy clappers". But would it better if they hung themselves from the nearest tree or go out and trash Munich?

They were amazing.

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Tierney played for Celtic and came through their academy and he can play defensively.

As an Arsenal player 

Seriously,  don't you understand that you shape your  National team with your best players, even if you are England and can leave £100 million Jack Grealish at home . We are maybe a wee bit short there. This is international football,  so you can't just sign a better right back,. Play your best, unbelievable number of examples where that has worked,  too many to mention. 

We are not so lucky, so to leave out Gilmour for this game was arrogant,  stupid,  idiotic, nonsensical,  lazy and a hundred more reasons why Clarke has to go, we are where we are despite him, not because of him.  Yes he has had some success,  my take it is mostly because of the players not his input 

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Away ye go. I’d rather we started guys that can get a foot on the ball rather than start guys like Christie because they run around a lot. The squad is far from pish, we might not be a match for the top tier teams but we are capable of not being whipping boys and keeping the scoreline respectable.  The right back situation is hugely unfortunate and Ralston was badly exposed tonight but I still think Gilmour was an absolute stick on to start that game over Christie. 

Nah, Christie is a talented footballer in the grand scheme of things. 

That game doesn't change if Gilmour plays, not to the extent of five goals. 

We're looking for a villain here, and the Gilmour for McGregor/Christie one isn't it. 

24 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

And? Would any other middling Scottish right back have been any better?

Honeslty, couldn't agree more. Ralston goes in tomorrow as Motherwells best right back. It's not an insult, we've just got a pretty shallowp  pool, and eventually we had to offer up the dregs. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Nah, Christie is a talented footballer in the grand scheme of things. 

That game doesn't change if Gilmour plays, not to the extent of five goals. 

We're looking for a villain here, and the Gilmour for McGregor/Christie one isn't it. 

I agree, and I was fine with the team before the game but Christie plays in these games for his energy and to help us get after teams at times. What was the point in starting him to offer up that passive, insipid nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

How bad was the trains tonight to head to the ground? Took over an hour to get on one. 

Genuinely shambolic, and quite frankly potentially dangerous at times and I was there at six. 

The crowd management around the ground equally awful, no idea what they were playing at. The SFA should absolutely be making representations to UEFA about it. 

57 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'll depress myself by going through the whole thread tomorrow, but right now I'm honestly just sad after that. 

But aye this sums it up. 

I'm going over for the Hungary game and there's every chance it's a dead rubber now, having waited my whole life (Was 4 at France 98)I'm left feeling gutted at a foreign tournament. 

Just a bit gutted, I'd love anything on Wednesday to give me hope. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree, and I was fine with the team before the game but Christie plays in these games for his energy and to help us get after teams at times. 

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It was a tactical choice. A game plan that has been effective in similar circumstances. It's easy to say with hindsight that because we lost we should have gone down the other road.

The way the game played out was horrible though because we tried to go long exclusively for the first 20 to 30 minutes and it wouldn't stick and thereafter we tried to break their press and we couldn't. It was clunky and formulaic coming via Hendry, Ralston and McTominay down our right hand side.

I suspect the Germans maybe wanted us or forced us to come out that side, but would have to rewatch it to figure that out.

Edited by 2426255

Hard to know if that was more down to Clarke getting tactically rode - and he was, clearly, from minute one - or too many of our players being utter shitebags…

Tactically out-manoeuvred all over the pitch, passive as fk (especially when they got into our box), and unable to keep possession for more than 15 seconds at a time.

Expected to get beat tonight, but that was shameful.

The entire football world was watching tonight.  What did Clarke deliver? Spineless,  useless,  pathetic, long ball, no idea football. The press was spectacularly wrong  , mistimed, my local pub team would have worked around. 

This has been shameful reflection of what we are capable of and on such a stage a total embarrassment 

48 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Been saying this for decades, Scotland, internationally, will almost always be on the back food, certainly not 70% possession. Bigot brothers players just cannot play defensively, so don’t fukking play them.

Almost all coast in every domestic game and haven’t a clue how to play on the back foot.

Oh, and Porteous, just GTF you doss c**t!

Correct 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Presumably because Germany set up so that our easiest option was to give the ball to a poorer  player on our weaker side.

Which we should've had a prepared answer against rather than falling into the trap over and over again. Though I suppose Clarke just has to put some trust in Ralston either way.