Germany v Scotland

13 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

You have to simply sit back and admire the absolute confidence an armchair pundit applies to their own take on tactics. No if's, no but's - just a firm conviction that forums and the missus are fortunate enough to receive 😂

What does that mean?

It's a football forum, you don't have to preface every post with 'well this is just my opinion but...'

In that situation, Porteous definitely had to make a tackle, a challenge, try to block an opponent sticking a third into our net. Something. What he didn’t need to do was to nearly break an opponent’s ankle, or if not break it, cause serious ligament damage - because that’s exactly what could have happened there. Porteous knew fine well what he was doing. He’s a fcuking liability. A red mist nutjob - been hiding it well for a bit after leaving Hibs, but when most needed, reverts to type. Should never be picked for Scotland again. If a Swiss or Hungarian jobber goes in on McGinn or Gilmour like that, we’re screaming for a red, and afterwards, the pundits will be highlighting the ‘shocking challenge’ that could have seriously injured one of our players. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Don’t tend to listen to Roy Keane when he’s on Sky because I think he’s a bit of a dick, but just seen this on Twitter and agree with every word. Robertson and McGinn coming out and saying they had a game plan… I would love someone to ask them if they could be more specific and tell us what the game plan actually was, because I didn’t see one. We didn’t rough them up, we didn’t press them high, we didn’t try to counter and win second balls off Adams? No clue. 

Germany played like an elite side - probs the best international team I've seen irl since Belgium in 2019 - and might even have the best club manager in the tournament. International football's funny, though, as I could've said the same about Spain at the last World Cup yet they got knocked out by a side managed by someone appointed just before the tournament. Based on tournament vibes, I reckon they have all the makings of a team who make a big impression in the group stages before being eliminated in a frustratingly stuffy quarter-final. 

Our so called strongest part of the team is in turmoil just now which isn't helping. Callum McGregor hasn't been at it since coming back from injury, John McGinn has been pish for about 6 months, so slow in possession and looks unwilling to work hard, just looks so unfit but let's just forget that because he has a laugh? Couple that with McTominay just coming back from injury and it all adds up, which makes the dropping of Gilmour baffling . If I can see this why can't the guys being paid fortunes to manage see it?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think you are correct however Ralston only made 8 starts this season and was so far out of his depth last night it was frightening.

He looked as equally out his depth as the rest of the team tbf. 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think you are correct however Ralston only made 8 starts this season and was so far out of his depth last night it was frightening.

You can say that again. 

Ralston was a clear weak link and is probably one of the worst players who'll play regularly in the entire tournament. 

This set up depends on every player being able to play under pressure and he just panics. So used to playing in a dominant side where being scared of the ball is masked.

Aside from Hickey, any RWB we played is getting absolutely rinsed though.

Been struggling to think of a positive note this morning, but then had a thought - if England wasn’t already livid that Musiala picked the Germans over the Three Lions, they surely are now. Some player. 

6 hours ago, Sesh said:

This post isn't going to age well in Germany's next games.  We were utter shit,  Our goalkeeper let in 3 easy goals - everything went wrong.  Luxembourg would have have an attempt on goal.

Eh? You need to re-read my post again. 

Horrible empty feeling this morning. Hate the way that football affects me. I know it's just a game. But that was horrible last night, just nothing to be positive about. Felt like this after the Thistle play-off final. Shell-shocked.

Fair play to everyone who goes along every time feeling positive and optimistic and happy. Really wish I could be like that; that's what it should be all about.

Just now, allyo said:

Horrible empty feeling this morning. Hate the way that football affects me. I know it's just a game. But that was horrible last night, just nothing to be positive about. Felt like this after the Thistle play-off final. Shell-shocked.

Fair play to everyone who goes along every time feeling positive and optimistic and happy. Really wish I could be like that; that's what it should be all about.

Yeah, I didnt have the usual nerves lastnight, I thought in my heart a tanking was coming, but I didnt see our team being as pathetic as they were and despite thinking it didnt bother me that much, I woke up this morning feeling humiliated!