Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

I was too young to remember, but maybe the auld yins can tell us if this opening round format caused so much confusion when it was first introduced at the World Cup in 1982. It's bizarre how many people are convinced that teams are already out if they can only get three points, four points probably won't be enough, etc.

Looking at the heatmap it's interesting to notice that McTominay generally played further forward than both McGinn and Adams.

This is the most advanced I've ever seen him play. He was pretty much a no 9.

This is his best position.

Thought we were much improved tonight while still looking shaky at times. Really felt for Ralston at points, looked really out of his depth. McGregor was pretty anonymous (as was McGinn for large spells) but thought McTominay had a good game. Roberston also played well. Gutting to see Tierney injured again, it looked a bad one. Really feel for him.

There's still room for improvement in the Hungary game. We had flashes tonight of some of the play that saw us cruise through the early qualifying - we just couldn't sustain it for long periods. The Hungary game may be a lot more open, in which case we may see this team in full flow. The glass is half full, for now anyway.

I can only agree with a lot of what other folk are saying, mcGinn wasn't very good, Gilmour should never have been subbed unless he had a niggle. Clarke seemed to settle for a point . Just a crap attitude IMO 

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I was slightly surprised to see Ralston starting tonight. I'll be fucking astounded if he starts next time out 

Our manager is probably still a better option at centre back or right back instead of some of our team 

Ralston is third choice. He looked third choice. He played passes that were third choice.  He was (reasonably) often third to where he was meant to be…but his work rate was first rate. As was his willingness to accept he fecked but… he kept going. I thought he was tireless. And that’s to his credit. Still…

McGregor was shite and so was Ralston, would be happy if neither of them was anywhere near the squad v Hungary. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

McGregor was shite and so was Ralston, would be happy if neither of them was anywhere near the squad v Hungary. 

McGregor set up the goal and had a 94% success rate.

After the last year and ultimately Fridays horror show......hopefully the biggest thing the squad will take from this game is confidence.

We have not suddenly become shite. We have had a run of poor form. That is temporary.

Confidence that we can compete and win will be very important going into Sundays game.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I was too young to remember, but maybe the auld yins can tell us if this opening round format caused so much confusion when it was first introduced at the World Cup in 1982. It's bizarre how many people are convinced that teams are already out if they can only get three points, four points probably won't be enough, etc.

Only one 3rd placed team in Euro 20 qualified to the next round with 3 points.

In total, three 3rd placed teams finished with three points in Euro 20.

It's possible to qualify with 3 points, but I wouldn't bank on it, especially with our goal difference.*

100% of the teams who finished with 4+ points qualified.

We need to win to guarantee a place in the next round.

*D'oh!

Screenshot_20240620_000815_Firefox.jpg

Edited by SlayerX

15 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

McGregor set up the goal and had a 94% success rate.

And played Scotland's best pass of the match with the clipped ball to Robertson at the end, which was surprisingly not mentioned at all in the match thread. 

He wasn't at his best but he was most certainly not shite. As per, he's judged harsher than others. McGinn often described as 'anonymous' while McGregor is 'shite.' Funny that. He's certainly been better than McGinn over both of the last two tournaments.

Edited by ArtemisClydeFrog

4 minutes ago, ArtemisClydeFrog said:

And played Scotland's best pass of the match with the clipped ball to Robertson at the end, which was surprisingly not mentioned at all in the match thread. 

He wasn't at his best but he was most certainly not shite. As per, he's judged harsher than others. McGinn often described as 'anonymous' while McGregor is 'shite.' Funny that. He's certainly been better than McGinn over both of the last two tournaments.

Mibbe Clark needs to phone Unai and get a few pointers about how to get the best out of footballs greatest bahookie😄

15 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Only one 3rd placed team in Euro 20 qualified to the next round with 3 points.

In total, three 3rd placed teams finished with three points in Euro 20.

It's possible to qualify with 3 points, but I wouldn't bank on it, especially with our goal difference.

100% of the teams who finished with 4+ points qualified.

We need to win to guarantee a place in the next round.

Screenshot_20240620_000815_Firefox.jpg

It’s not possible for us to finish on 3 points.