Line up to play Switzerland

Yep Gilmour and Hanley in is a must for me.

I'd consider Clark for Gunn though he's not going to do that.

Would Shankland be worth a start? We need goals, sclaffs, stramashes, however they go in..

9 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Yep Gilmour and Hanley in is a must for me.

I'd consider Clark for Gunn though he's not going to do that.

Would Shankland be worth a start? We need goals, sclaffs, stramashes, however they go in..

Yes

No

Conway ?

Hanley in for Porteous is a default. Gilmour has to play, McTominay is not a deep lying midfielder. If he plays, he plays one of the two advanced roles. McGregor was off it tonight but will do better alongside Gilmour. Ralston needs to be dropped. Up front is a toss up for me, always been an Adams fan and harsh to judge him on tonight, but he was incredibly ineffective. 

5 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Hanley in for Porteous is a default. Gilmour has to play, McTominay is not a deep lying midfielder. If he plays, he plays one of the two advanced roles. McGregor was off it tonight but will do better alongside Gilmour. Ralston needs to be dropped. Up front is a toss up for me, always been an Adams fan and harsh to judge him on tonight, but he was incredibly ineffective. 

Aye, got his arse torn a couple of times, for me got to give Shankland a chance, especially is Adams ain't 100% fit

Just checked the lineup that beat Spain 2-0 in the qualifiers

hickey, Hanley and Dykes were starters, nothing else, so pretty similar really

what a difference a few months makes

One team for the usual formation and one for 4-2-3-1

Gunn

Hendry-Hanley-Tierney

Ralston-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson

McTominay-McGinn

Adams

Gunn

Ralston-Hendry-McKenna-Robertson 

Gilmour-McGregor

Christie-McTominay-McGinn

Adams

Somehow I feel like a prefer the latter 

We are in abysmal form. We need to change it up.

Clark 

Mccrorie Hanley McKenna Robertson 

Gilmour McGinn

Mctominay

Christie Shankland Conway

Edited by lesheep

1 hour ago, true fan said:

Just checked the lineup that beat Spain 2-0 in the qualifiers

hickey, Hanley and Dykes were starters, nothing else, so pretty similar really

what a difference a few months makes

Which is why all the “X is a disgrace”, “should be binned” stuff is complete pish. Team performance was rotten but folk are far too reactionary on individual player performances after every single game.

Dramatic changes of formation and line-up would probably only make things worse. If it doesn't work it's not just a case of going back to Plan A for Hungary, those players will have shattered confidence.

Against Akanji, Schär and Rodriguez it's even more important that whoever plays up front is able to bring the midfield up. So Dykes it is then. I really don't know who can do that for us now - in which case, should we consider going back to Clarke's first successful formation, 5-3-2, and put two up top?

We absolutely must do something to stop Xhaka from playing. The guy has just strolled to the best domestic season in the history of German football. Kroos killed us in the first half and if he gets the space, Xhaka will do likewise.

We need someone in midfield to properly screen the back three and make sure nothing gets between the lines, which is an area that killed us tonight. I wish I could think of a better option than McGregor.

Gunn

Hendry   Hanley   Tierney

McGregor

McCrorie    McGinn (man-marking Xhaka)   McTominay   Robertson

Christie   Shankland